This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AuRavelling79

Best time, effort & money saving tips
« on: April 09, 2024, 06:42:17 am »
Haven't had one of these threads for a while.

Here's one of my favourites.

Reinforced streamline pole hose on my reel. Saves weight and effort. Reduces strain and let's me be more productive.

Easier to lift reel out when needed to point in right direction too.

It's a game of three halves!

Simon Trapani

Re: Best time, effort & money saving tips
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2024, 06:52:27 am »
I wouldn’t be lifting a reel in & out for starters.
And it would be electric.

DJW

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2024, 07:01:21 am »
Breakfast before you go to bed. Heated seats and a flux capacitor bolted to the chassis.

zesty

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2024, 07:32:49 am »
Cleaning less houses for the same daily rate  ;)

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2024, 07:33:07 am »
I'll just wait for daz to post his usual list. I bet we all know it off by heart  ;D

My tip go home when you've had enough don't force yourself to work past the point where you really cba. Better to regroup and go again the next day. Within reason of course otherwise I'd be on the dole.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2024, 07:44:26 am »

You say that but here's the thing.

It's the weight of the hose I'm talking of whether electric or not.

And having an ultra light moveable reel on board is a godsend if parking is an issue. Can't do that with just electric.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2024, 07:46:55 am »
Cleaning less houses for the same daily rate  ;)

Underrated comment. Get those prices up chaps. Especially in these inflationary times with pensioners state pension having gone up 20% in two years.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2024, 09:00:42 am »
For me the number one has to be a swivel neck! This is the one true thing that I couldn't work without. It just makes life SO much easier and more efficient. Any window at any angle, clean glass right down to the floor without bending down, or really even moving your body. Clean sills and sash runners with ease- and with a normal brush. Clean velux without changing the angle of the neck. I honestly don't know how people manage without it. Everyone that I have personally introduced them to have had the same reaction- "wow, how did I ever manage without it!"

Secondary to that would be the Univalve.

Next would be Gardiners 1.4mm jets. I'm now using around 40% less water with no negative effects! Pump speed has gone from 30-35 down to 18-20. Less water, increased resin efficiency and the next time I change my van I'm downsizing to a berlingo size vehicle. I can do a big, full-on day with 300/350ltrs now easily!!😎👌

Comfortably Numb!

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2024, 09:05:41 am »
For me the univalve was a game changer.all that messing with taps and loops on the pole was snagsville, the univalve helps control the hose to minimise snagging and saves water,
Gardener's brush & pole developments, I started with a Vikan brick and a carbon pole, remember coming home one evening and telling the missis, " I am not sure I can physically do the work".  Now if you can buy the best you can work the best.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2024, 09:09:09 am »

And having an ultra light moveable reel on board is a godsend if parking is an issue. Can't do that with just electric.

Yeh I understand that with the hose weight. Fair enough.

But regarding parking, I binned those jobs off a long time ago.

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2024, 09:09:19 am »
I'll just wait for daz to post his usual list. I bet we all know it off by heart  ;D

My tip go home when you've had enough don't force yourself to work past the point where you really cba. Better to regroup and go again the next day. Within reason of course otherwise I'd be on the dole.

It's the truth though.why do you think I've lasted so long in this game?and probably will have many more years of relatively stress free,enjoyable window cleaning left in me without getting totally fed up and burned out with it all.
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2024, 09:10:21 am »
For me the number one has to be a swivel neck! This is the one true thing that I couldn't work without. It just makes life SO much easier and more efficient. Any window at any angle, clean glass right down to the floor without bending down, or really even moving your body. Clean sills and sash runners with ease- and with a normal brush. Clean velux without changing the angle of the neck. I honestly don't know how people manage without it. Everyone that I have personally introduced them to have had the same reaction- "wow, how did I ever manage without it!"

Secondary to that would be the Univalve.

Next would be Gardiners 1.4mm jets. I'm now using around 40% less water with no negative effects! Pump speed has gone from 30-35 down to 18-20. Less water, increased resin efficiency and the next time I change my van I'm downsizing to a berlingo size vehicle. I can do a big, full-on day with 300/350ltrs now easily!!😎👌

Yes. I take a swivel neck for granted. My son in law used my pole and immediately ordered one.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2024, 09:11:18 am »

It's the truth though.why do you think I've lasted so long in this game?and probably will have many more years of relatively stress free,enjoyable window cleaning left in me without getting totally fed up and burned out with it all.

Take no notice of the nasty boys in the playground Daz. You're an inspiration! ;D

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2024, 10:53:47 am »
Best time saving tip: get your fit bird to sit on your todger while you're doing your drum session.

Effort saving tip: as above.

Money saving tip: move in with your fit bird and kick the kids out.
We look at them, they look through them.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2024, 10:57:58 am »

You've lasted so long because of your enthusiasm and love for it.

I use the best gear available as well include regular exercise and a vastly improved diet. Still endure the job rather than enjoy it.

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2024, 11:00:50 am »

Take no notice of the nasty boys in the playground Daz. You're an inspiration! ;D

Nah just joking, Daz is a legend and I'll admit Im envious of his positivity .

How's that for nasty  :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2024, 11:12:15 am »

Yeh I understand that with the hose weight. Fair enough.

But regarding parking, I binned those jobs off a long time ago.

Yes. Binning not so productive work is a good reminder too.

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2024, 12:43:22 pm »
There's always exceptions to rules.

Whilst lifting a reel out onto the floor isn't as easy as using an electric one there are exceptions.

If you can only get parked facing the wrong way for example then lifting a reel out and pointing it where you want to go is a lot easier than pulling loads of hose out onto the floor, dragging it round the front of you van then dragging it all back into a tangled pile.

I have one leccy reel and 1 manual the manual I can lift out which is definitely an advantage occasionally.

NBwcs

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2024, 02:26:27 pm »
Get one these.. gamechanger  ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166665078293

dd

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2024, 03:50:05 pm »
Get one these.. gamechanger  ;)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/166665078293
It can also double as a chemical dispenser. An eco-alternative to hypo.