van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Re: Building a large window cleaning business
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2024, 07:27:56 am »
I like idea of franchising.

Those that have done it, how much do you give the franchisee to start with ?

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2024, 08:08:41 am »
So you started young enough - you’ve got a good 15 years in you yet so really no need to expand

I only started windows at 44 so I needed expand to protect my future

15 years?he's only 43!he's got at least 25 years til 68 until he gets his state pension and then he might carry on working for another few years.

The guy I used to work for in 1992 only retired last year at 75 and only because he was forced to.another guy I know is still working at 80(he started up as a window cleaner aged 18)

62 years window cleaning!he says he's no plans to fully retire yet.👍
price higher/work harder!

DJW

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2024, 08:13:12 am »
What a plonker.
He’s obviously the worlds most unsuccessful businessman.

Smudger

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2024, 08:30:43 am »
So you started young enough - you’ve got a good 15 years in you yet so really no need to expand

15 years?he's only 43!he's got at least 25 years til 68 until he gets his state pension and then he might carry on working for another few years.

The guy I used to work for in 1992 only retired last year at 75 and only because he was forced to.another guy I know is still working at 80(he started up as a window cleaner aged 18)

What a cr@p life shining glass at that age (IMO)
I’m sure deege could carry on longer than I posted - however from mid 50’s health issues have to be a factor - he may wish to ‘retire’ at 55 and go enjoy himself - whichever with that amount of years I would guess he’s in a good financial position
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Bungle

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2024, 08:47:35 am »
We look at them, they look through them.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2024, 11:01:37 am »
I like idea of franchising.

Those that have done it, how much do you give the franchisee to start with ?

We've started people at zero and at about £10k annual. It's easy to forget how hard the work is at the start, which might be why the zero start people seemed content - we'd give them work as fast as they could cover it.

Vin

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2024, 01:04:42 pm »

Daz some people don’t want to work til they’re that age. You will out of necessity, some people plan a different course of events for that stage of their lives.

I’ve got 2 - 3 months left to do then I’m outta here. I’ve sold my house, I’ve sold my business.

In three months I’m going away for a month to the sun then off to British Columbia to be with Laura. We’ll both have something to occupy us for three days a week each. Rest of the time we’ll be living a comfortable life in a great environment and travelling the world. Figi first probably for Christmas then we’ll see what 2025 brings.   

deeege

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2024, 02:17:21 pm »

I’m sure deege could carry on longer than I posted - however from mid 50’s health issues have to be a factor - he may wish to ‘retire’ at 55 and go enjoy himself - whichever with that amount of years I would guess he’s in a good financial position

I really hope I’m fit enough to work at 75 but I also hope that I won’t have to by then. What a thoroughly miserable existence to have to get up and go to work past 65.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2024, 03:15:05 pm »
Well I'm still doing part time hours @ almost 71, with me it's not about the money it's because I enjoy my work and the thought of retirement scares the sh*t out of me.

I have to have a reason to get up in the mornings, it's nice knowing you have cash in your back pocket and not worrying too much about paying the bills.

My wife who is now 65 also comes with me about 3 days a week and does a little bit.

DJW

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2024, 03:46:31 pm »
Sad you get to 65 and can’t think of anything better to fill your day to be honest.
I guess we are all different.

dazmond

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2024, 04:07:05 pm »

What makes me laugh is that you seem to think you can't enjoy yourself until you retire!🤣🤣🤣...

I hope I can keep working for at least another 20 years(I'm 52 now) but hopefully I want to still be working at 80 too if I'm in good health.👍

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2024, 04:10:56 pm »

Daz some people don’t want to work til they’re that age. You will out of necessity, some people plan a different course of events for that stage of their lives.

I’ve got 2 - 3 months left to do then I’m outta here. I’ve sold my house, I’ve sold my business.

In three months I’m going away for a month to the sun then off to British Columbia to be with Laura. We’ll both have something to occupy us for three days a week each. Rest of the time we’ll be living a comfortable life in a great environment and travelling the world. Figi first probably for Christmas then we’ll see what 2025 brings.

I don't blame you mate.you ve aged terribly over the last few years.i was shocked at how old you look these days....I thought you were in your 70s already!😦😦

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2024, 04:15:32 pm »

I really hope I’m fit enough to work at 75 but I also hope that I won’t have to by then. What a thoroughly miserable existence to have to get up and go to work past 65.

Why is it 'miserable'?I don't get this sort of attitude?

My dad still worked at 74 before he died of lung cancer.he was very happy.

My missus dad still works and he's 82,in fact I don't know many of my dad's friends and my uncles who didn't work well past retirement age in some capacity

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2024, 04:20:14 pm »
Well I'm still doing part time hours @ almost 71, with me it's not about the money it's because I enjoy my work and the thought of retirement scares the sh*t out of me.

I have to have a reason to get up in the mornings, it's nice knowing you have cash in your back pocket and not worrying too much about paying the bills.

My wife who is now 65 also comes with me about 3 days a week and does a little bit.

Well done mate.if your happy and healthy enough why not?

I don't think it's sad or miserable to get off your backside and go to work.

Work is an honorable thing to do and I bet you still have plenty of time for each other,holidays and relaxing,etc.👍

Slacky

« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2024, 04:23:55 pm »

I don't blame you mate.you ve aged terribly over the last few years.i was shocked at how old you look these days....I thought you were in your 70s already!😦😦

lol  ;D ;D ;D

That's funny!

Looks like I need to buy some more baked beans I guess ;)

deeege

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2024, 04:33:11 pm »
Fair play if you genuinely want to work til you drop.

Theres a big difference in ‘needing’ to work and ‘wanting’ to work though. Not investing for your future so you ‘need’ to work a physical job at 70+ is a dangerous path. Theres a good chance you’ll end up unable to work and completely skint due to ill health.

Would be interesting to know what percentage of the population would actually be able bodied enough to do our job past 70.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Slacky

« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2024, 04:52:26 pm »
5%?

Probably less than that.

DJW

« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2024, 05:13:40 pm »
I don’t think there are many sixty year olds who aren’t on medication for some ailment or another then there are those who suffer with arthritis and dodgy joints. I don’t think standing around all day in freezing rain is the most pleasant way to end your days, even with three gortex jackets on.

dd

« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2024, 05:14:54 pm »

lol  ;D ;D ;D

That's funny!

Looks like I need to buy some more baked beans I guess ;)
At least Laura looks nice.

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2024, 05:51:30 pm »
I don’t think there are many sixty year olds who aren’t on medication for some ailment or another then there are those who suffer with arthritis and dodgy joints. I don’t think standing around all day in freezing rain is the most pleasant way to end your days, even with three gortex jackets on.

Half the lads I used to hang about with in my youth are dead,8 of them actually.they all died in their late 30s,early 40s....a fair few others are on disability benefits now as they are either seriously obese or suffering from other health problems....

And heres me still weight training in the gym 3 times a week!🤣🤣🤣