van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Patronising .... Modded
« on: May 24, 2023, 05:40:20 pm »
Finished house then next door and the plonker comes over mid conversation to pay and butts in.

“Your predecessor was a proper window cleaner! He used to go up a ladder with a bucket and a leather. He was great, you could trust him and leave him to clean the insides too! He was a roofer in his proper job.”

I asked where was he now? “Don’t know, he wouldn’t turn up half the time”

Smudger

Re: Patronising ... Modded
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2023, 05:45:05 pm »
 ;D ;D

do'in that proper job!!

;D ;D ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2023, 06:34:50 pm »
;D ;D

do'in that proper job!!

;D ;D ;D

whats the weather like down your way  ?

its been about 18 to 21 degrees here last few days is it a bit cooler where you are ?

heading down there on friday for a week  8)

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2023, 07:50:14 pm »
Nice and sunny today great for roof cleaning 😋

I hope you have a great week !!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

tom20001

Re: Patronising Modded
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2023, 10:58:13 pm »
I was doing a job last week in fairly well to do area if you like. Double entrance into this drive I'm powerwashing . So working away and old bloke next door  in a golf apparel  goes outside and starts getting busy with his hedge Strimmer.  That's fine I'm working away and so is he. Eventually he starts cutting Bush between 2 houses which is growing over onto his. He gestures to give me the hedgecutters and said the previous owner used to cut this for him. ( house I'm cleaning has recently been sold ) Just to be clear he wasn't doing this in a very nice or even a funny way , more expectant I think. I said I'm sorry but I don't own the house. ( house worth about 1.5m so defo outside my budget). So he then comes back with will you pick it up when I cut it to which I replied no but the owner might.  I was courteous but The guy defo wasn't and definitely expected me to drop everything and jump for him . I'm pretty sure he called me the C word under his breath and I strolled off . I think the sun brings these people out

Later in week I'm pressure washing another place, commercial type thing again with entrance and exit gate. Lady in a bet up  micra drives in and asks me to clean her windscreen which was absolutely destroyed in bird muck , I wish I'd taken a pic. I gave her faff that I couldn't for insurance reasons ( had turbo nozzle  on lol) but she wasn't too impressed and tore off. She had no business in the premises and detoured for that. place is surrounded by trees so don't even know how she spotted me.

Anyway lads there's 30 seconds of your lived you'll never get back but beware the sun brings these mad ones out

Stoots

Re: Patronising .... Modded
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2023, 07:08:29 am »
I put a mattress in someone's boot the other week.

Someone had come to collect a double mattress (a second hand mattress 🤮) in a vauxhall vectra it was right a job to double it up.

Owner asked me to help, i just sighed in her face  :D then realised what I had done and changed my tune to be overly jovial about it.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2023, 07:43:44 am »
Finished house then next door and the plonker comes over mid conversation to pay and butts in.

“Your predecessor was a proper window cleaner! He used to go up a ladder with a bucket and a leather. He was great, you could trust him and leave him to clean the insides too! He was a roofer in his proper job.”

I asked where was he now? “Don’t know, he wouldn’t turn up half the time”

;D ;D ;D

I would of replied with 'we all look back  with rose tinted glasses" and suggest he gets out a bit more!
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2023, 08:42:11 am »
I have a customer in her 60's, with a little bungalow and she looks after her mum at home and cares for her. I was cleaning and she asked a favour, would I remove 2 pieces of glass from a small greenhouse that a neighbour has given her. Now I know she's a hemophilliac (so if she cuts herself she can't stop bleeding), she's mentioned on the odd occasion that she's had a nose bleed and had to go to hospital to stop it.
So I happily agreed (she is replacing it with plastic just in case), it took me 5 minutes and a cup of tea.
Then she said she had a leak under her sink, so I thought, while I'm here I'll have a look. I didn't have a busy day and she is a nice lady so I thought this would be my good deed for the day. It turned out there was a blockage in the pipework and took me about 20 mins to sort...and another cup of tea.
However...there was a point when my head was under the sink, I'm thinking, what a pain in the bum and I'm a sucker!
Now here's the thing.
I knew she cared for her mum (and she is a nice lady) so I just wanted to help her out.
What I didn't know (I've cleaned this 4 times) is that she also cares for her sister who lives at home. Her sister is blind and autistic. When I finished the plumbing, she was cutting her sister's hair in the conservatory and she introduced me.
I have to say I came away feeling totally humble and helping her out really cheered up my whole day.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2023, 08:46:11 am »
Good arrows, robbo 👏.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NWH

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2023, 02:19:41 pm »
Thing is robbo she did the same with the chippy the plumber the roofer and the gardener,there’s a rumour going round she’s got Alan Titchmarsh coming round next week 🤣🤣🤣

windowswashed

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2023, 08:42:07 pm »
I have great respect for those in their 50-60's looking after their parents whilst working, not easy, some things in life are far more important than money, family comes first.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2023, 09:34:48 pm »
I have great respect for those in their 50-60's looking after their parents whilst working, not easy, some things in life are far more important than money, family comes first.

Yep. I have a customer who is about sixty. Her mother died last year and my customer has grandchildren herself.

She used to say she didn't know whether she was going to work, looking after her grandchildren or taking her mother to doctor's appointments!
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2023, 06:32:33 am »
Nice and sunny today great for roof cleaning 😋

I hope you have a great week !!

Darran

Cheers

I think I'm staying like 5 mins down the road from where you are based...

Tell you what I'm well jealous if this is where you work, big houses everywhere 💰 it's a million miles away from the area I work in!

NWH

« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2023, 12:49:27 pm »
Makes you realise some of the things you read are possible doesn’t it.

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2023, 07:58:27 pm »
Yeah but they are real tight so n so’s around here 😆