van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Been struggling with the rain this week ?
« on: January 12, 2023, 04:19:38 pm »
Not to worry, snow and minus temps on the way next week so plenty of time to catch up  :'( ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Been struggling with the rain this week ?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 04:26:06 pm »
Wellies mate, they're all the rage!!😬🤣
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2023, 05:08:32 pm »
Wait till you employ m8 lol.

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2023, 05:11:12 pm »

Why, do they want wellies too?
We look at them, they look through them.

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2023, 05:14:28 pm »
Another few days lost to the rain another week or 2 lost to the snow you’ll soon find out why they all go out in all weathers Stoots.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2023, 05:32:59 pm »
Only lost tuesday to the rain this week...
Apart from the odd heavy shower it's been OK to work in the North West the rest of the time...
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 05:41:51 pm »
Another few days lost to the rain another week or 2 lost to the snow you’ll soon find out why they all go out in all weathers Stoots.

I have been out in some horrendous weather this week but its slowed me down ,im still cleaning work due before christmas  ;D

I know, decided im waiting till spring  ;D, i`ll clear out some of my worst jobs for now

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 05:47:41 pm »
Lol yeah wait till spring but before you know it the bad weather will be here again,just having 1 costs a small fortune.

DJW

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 05:58:32 pm »
I’ve been struggling with wind this week.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 06:08:37 pm »
It's very rare that I can't work because of the weather.tuesday was one of them..the rain was biblical here! ;D

But I doubt they'll be another day like that for a while....

I might lose 3 or 4 days over the course of a year but I don't work weekends and most of my working week's are 4 day weeks so has zero effect on my income!👌
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 06:19:44 pm »
Monday was good all day.
Tuesday and Wednesday dodged rain but got in about half a day on each.
Today I thought I'd get rained off, but went anyway. Sat in the van a lot but again got about half a day in.
Tomorrow looks good and mini-Malc is working with me so planning on catching up.
Able to work til 4.30 now which has helped.
It's a game of three halves!

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 10:01:18 pm »
Got half a day in today. Rained off Tuesday. I haven’t got the motivation like I used to. I don’t really care much these days about work.

One more winter for me and that’s it; 3 Pacific/Maldives/Indian Ocean holidays a year for me after that, a spot of bear spotting in Canada and my astrophotography. Mustn’t grumble, it all worked out in the end  ;D ;D ;D

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2023, 12:00:27 am »

Bad weather is bad weather - no residential cleaning if its raining - day off, no stress

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2023, 06:28:34 am »
The arrangement I have is pay regardless I might have to rethink that already this year I’ve paid out for a week due to bad weather.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2023, 06:31:58 am »
The arrangement I have is pay regardless I might have to rethink that already this year I’ve paid out for a week due to bad weather.
And thats one of the many reasons i went back to working on my own.

Ggh

« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2023, 06:59:41 am »
Following the cold snap  before Christmas, we changed  employment contracts. Guys now get 10 days off withhalf pay due to bad weather per annum. After that it’s non payed. They all seemed happy with that.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Stoots

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2023, 07:15:26 am »
Surprised people don't pay their staff when it's bad weather. I was planning on paying mine a fixed salary no matter what, its only right isn't it ?

I honestly thought it would be hard to find someone who would accept 3 or 4 days pay a week rather than 5 or potentially zero it's something to consider though the odd day is fine but a week would stress me out .

Simon Trapani

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2023, 07:24:51 am »
You’ll be fine. Take on some fascia & gutter cleans & save them for the wet days. That’s what i do with my employee. Cushions the blow. The good days far outweigh the bad. It’s been exceptional weather lately.

Stoots

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2023, 07:45:19 am »
You’ll be fine. Take on some fascia & gutter cleans & save them for the wet days. That’s what i do with my employee. Cushions the blow. The good days far outweigh the bad. It’s been exceptional weather lately.

I dont get asked to do connys and fascias at all really plus my luck they would all ask when suns out. But i was thinking if you had staff work till 8 till 5pm (light permitting times of the year) and pay them a set salary then they should earn enough on the good days to cover days that they have off or are cut short due to weather.

deeege

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2023, 07:46:07 am »
Having commercial work that can be done in any weather certainly helps keep the cash flowing. Haven't lost any time this week for that reason.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."