This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Amazin

cost of van
« on: June 07, 2022, 09:04:35 am »
will it come back down anytime soon? Hoping to buy a bigger van this year, Euro 6 engine etc. I'm guessing most of us still can't go full electric yet.

NWH

Re: cost of van
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2022, 09:39:12 am »
You can’t get the mileage Ed China did a review on the Transporter I think he got 80 miles on a full charge in reality and don’t think of putting the heater on in winter and air con in summer,time you’ve charged it up it doesn’t work out cheap and that kind of mileage is hopeless for most people that use a van.
Can’t see many delivery drivers delivering many parcels on that mileage.

Bungle

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2022, 12:08:49 pm »
Amazon do.
We look at them, they look through them.

Jonny 87

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2022, 12:56:18 pm »
I’ve put off for 18 months to get a new vehicle and the price just kept going up.

I just had to bite the bullet this year and buy.

Logic tells me that prices will start to come down, but then also factor in that you can’t even put in an order for some new vehicles, there is so much demand out there, and there is still a shortage of microchips. I think it will be Atleast a year before we see prices come down, and even then who knows.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

NWH

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2022, 04:32:36 pm »
I spoke to someone yesterday actually he’s just leased another Transporter 900 down 300 a month,is there still a problem with lease vehicles then I suppose there is if they haven’t got the vans they haven’t got em.

EandM

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2022, 06:36:39 pm »
I was talking to a customer this week with a background in finance and his take on vehicle prices is that they are largely irrelevant.

You can spec a base model BMW 320d up to around £70k.

The ultimate cost though is irrelevant as almost no one actually buys a new vehicle with cash. The percentage leased is quite incredible.

I own several elderly Ford Rangers which do the whole WFP thing extremely well and have done for over a decade.
New Rangers are now available for up to £58k.

Given all the hiccups over the last few years, diesel commercial prices are likely to remain on the high side until the inevitable environmental attacks become an issue - assuming we got through with the 2030 ban on new.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2022, 09:36:28 am »
I was talking to a customer this week with a background in finance and his take on vehicle prices is that they are largely irrelevant.

The ultimate cost though is irrelevant as almost no one actually buys a new vehicle with cash. The percentage leased is quite incredible.

I own several elderly Ford Rangers which do the whole WFP thing extremely well and have done for over a decade.

Given all the hiccups over the last few years, diesel commercial prices are likely to remain on the high side until the inevitable environmental attacks become an issue - assuming we got through with the 2030 ban on new.

That makes no sense at all!! Can you explain that statement? How can the cost be irrelevant regardless of purchase method?
Comfortably Numb!

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2022, 03:29:44 pm »

That makes no sense at all!! Can you explain that statement? How can the cost be irrelevant regardless of purchase method?

I read that as people can’t afford a 70k motor but, make it a payment and bobs your auntie. The cost is only relevant to what you can afford to pay monthly

NWH

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2022, 04:53:52 pm »
Ridiculous what people pay per month for some cars not unusual to hear someone paying 800-1000 a month for a car,PCP has opened up a massive can of worms of debt without PCP we wouldn’t have a shortage of cars we’d have a stockpile with no one being able to afford 1 even on straight forward finance.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2022, 09:23:18 pm »
More twaddle from the fountain of all twaddle.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2022, 10:05:30 am »
Cars 50k plus are not affordable to most people if you speak to anyone in cars sales and that’s main dealer they will tell you why PCP was brought in to shift high end motors,umpteen people driving about in a car they couldn’t afford only through a PCP so no twaddle at all.

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2022, 10:19:24 am »
Cars 50k plus are not affordable to most people if you speak to anyone in cars sales and that’s main dealer they will tell you why PCP was brought in to shift high end motors,umpteen people driving about in a car they couldn’t afford only through a PCP so no twaddle at all.

I think your right nwh , the purchase price for my car was totally irrelevant to me . I would never buy a car brand new , even my customers who have brand new range rovers lease them. Iv no idea how much my CLA cost new , all I was  bothered about was the monthly payment of £200.

Shrek

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2022, 10:24:30 am »
I’ve been leasing my van for 2 years and I still don’t know what the purchase price is.

DJW

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2022, 10:47:05 am »
I talked to someone yesterday.

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2022, 11:42:02 am »
I’ve been leasing my van for 2 years and I still don’t know what the purchase price is.

It always pays to know the purchase price,  leasing is a very expensive way to run a vehicle in my opinion but I understand why ones  do it but you still have to put down a reasonable deposit and at the end of the lease have to start again . I do think it’s not a bad idea at the moment with all this uncertainty about electric vehicles by 2030 if the vehicle is leased you just hand it back if road tax or fuel costs become to high , I was talking to a salesman at my local Audi dealer  whilst mine was in for a service and he said the government is looking into making all new cars lease only  so that the government can outlaw certain vehicles and then replace them with more environmentally friendly options , but if they are privately owned it’s far more difficult to do that

NWH

« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2022, 11:49:53 am »
85% of what you see on the road commercial is leased and cars are PCP speak to any main dealer they’d be finished without PCP on cars,all these M2s M3s you see driving about almost all PCP there’s not many of them that have got 25-30k to put down to get the payments down to the same as the PCP.
Look in to PCP they get fleeced on the interest most don’t care they just want to get in to that car,salesman mock people when they tell me had a bloke come in had to get the new M4 he had the last one paid 8k to get out of the agreement to start another lol,madness.

NWH

« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2022, 11:52:33 am »
All electric by 2030 that’s not happening.

Splash & dash

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2022, 12:22:29 pm »

I agree but from then you won’t be able to buy petrol or diesel cars,  vans who knows , but it has already been said that fuel prices will be increased dramatically along with road tax to encourage ( Force ) ones to get rid of petrol and diesel cars and  get electric , Ime not saying I agree with any of this but think this is how it will go .

Pete Thompson

« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2022, 01:20:13 pm »
Your claim that purchase price is irrelevant due to pcp is … twaddle.

If that is actually the case, then the whole population would be driving around in Bentleys, but they aren’t. Here’s why:

With PCP, you pay a deposit, then monthly payments based on the difference between the value of the car now (less the deposit) and a guaranteed future value in 2, 3 or 4 years, PLUS INTEREST at between 4 to 9%.

That interest is calculated on…..guess what! The purchase price of the car (less the deposit) and the balance owed as it reduces with your monthly payments.

The higher the purchase price of the car, the more interest you’ll pay. The more interest you pay, the higher your monthly payments will be.

Here’s a real example of a 4 year pcp on a Citroen:

Citroën Store Price/Cash Price
£21,200.00
47 Monthly Payments
£239.00
Customer Deposit
£3,896.67
Roadside Assistance
£120.00
Term of Agreement
48 Months
Total Amount of Credit
£17,423.33
Total Charge For Credit
£3,689.67
Total Amount Payable
£25,009.67
Optional Final Payment
£9,880.00
Fixed Rate of Interest per Year
6.9%
APR Representative
6.9% APR
Annual Mileage

The interest there is £3,689
The total payments are £11,233

Therefore the interest has made up 32.8% of the monthly payments. Interest calculated on the purchase price of the car.

I would not consider a third of the cost “irrelevant”

As I said,  twaddle from the fountain of all twaddle.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2022, 01:35:26 pm »

I agree but from then you won’t be able to buy petrol or diesel cars,  vans who knows , but it has already been said that fuel prices will be increased dramatically along with road tax to encourage ( Force ) ones to get rid of petrol and diesel cars and  get electric , Ime not saying I agree with any of this but think this is how it will go .

You can’t force people to eat Rice pudding if you don’t provide a spoon there’s no charging points near to me at all and that’s non,in 8 years they’ll be everywhere I don’t think so I reckon it’ll keep getting pushed back.
There will come a point that the government have to step in with everything being so expensive or it will be like London in late 1800s with crime and poverty,it used to be bad for the environment I agree but when we provided our own fuels on the whole it was better more jobs etc it was the end of the world when there was a strike,if only it was that we had to contend with now.
The Isle of Man have just about got it right.