This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: cost of van
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2022, 02:49:32 pm »
Trouble is Daz you will find all the money you have in the bank is losing value.

Compare the rate of inflation to the interest you get on your money, and currently you will find it is depreciating by around 8% or so per year.

im adding to it every month too of course...inflation will not stay at this high rate forever....just as interest rates wont stay the same either
price higher/work harder!

dd

« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2022, 03:42:30 pm »
 I am glad you are doing well Daz but inflation has been higher than interest rates for years.

You might consider putting some of your cash in to an investment that is more likely to grow more than inflation.

NWH

« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2022, 04:16:37 pm »
Yeah invest it Daz with the huge increases in gas and electricity fuel and food you might just break even lol.

Stoots

« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2022, 05:17:34 pm »
Its all b******s anyway, save it, invest it then when you fall ill the goverment take it all off you anyway.

May as well just enjoy it whilst you can.

Soupy

« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2022, 05:27:49 pm »
Its all b******s anyway, save it, invest it then when you fall ill the goverment take it all off you anyway.

^

dazmond

« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2022, 06:04:02 pm »

Only a fool would blow all their money and not save  for a rainy day...

The trick is to live well within your means with a few luxuries here and there whilst also saving money all year round...

NWH

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2022, 06:06:41 pm »
That’s true Daz those that don’t save for a rainy day will get wet.

Stoots

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2022, 08:24:39 pm »

The trick is to live well within your means with a few luxuries here and there whilst also saving money all year round...

You are right it's about balance I didn't mean blow it all. Save a bit, invest a bit and spend a bit. Just as it makes no sense blowing the lot and having no savings it also makes no sense saving every penny and living as though you are broke for a rainy day that may never come.

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2022, 08:24:47 am »

You are right it's about balance I didn't mean blow it all. Save a bit, invest a bit and spend a bit. Just as it makes no sense blowing the lot and having no savings it also makes no sense saving every penny and living as though you are broke for a rainy day that may never come.

I'm off to the Maldives in Oct..... :D ;D

NWH

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2022, 01:32:41 pm »
Lol I’d get slated if I said I was off to the Maldives 😂

Stoots

« Reply #50 on: June 14, 2022, 11:21:11 am »

Lol I'm going to italy in august, which with 2 kids in peak season probably costs more than the maldives  :'(

dazmond

« Reply #51 on: June 14, 2022, 03:56:57 pm »

Lol I'm going to italy in august, which with 2 kids in peak season probably costs more than the maldives  :'(

you must be a sucker for punishment......itll be so busy!and hot as well as expensive! ::)roll ;D