van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ortsa

Squeegee App SMS Reminders
« on: May 25, 2022, 05:08:08 pm »
Just got an update from Squeegee that they will be discontinuing the SMS text reminder feature for Android and I will have to purchase credits at 3.6p each.

Do  Apple users currently use Squeegee SMS for reminders and invoices?

I'm devastated, I worked out that 3.6p will cost me around £3200 a year.

Perfect Windows

Re: Squeegee App SMS Reminders
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2022, 06:43:16 pm »
360 cleans a day?

Heavens.

Ortsa

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2022, 07:14:34 pm »
I use 2 texts worth of characters for the reminder, and 2 for the invoice text.

4 per customer per day

90 cleans per day

Perfect Windows

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2022, 06:48:09 am »
I use 2 texts worth of characters for the reminder, and 2 for the invoice text.

4 per customer per day

90 cleans per day

Wow. I assumed your maths was a decimal place out but that's a horrific sum. These days, with everyone on unlimited text tariffs, there's no excuse for that.

We use Aworka and export jobsheets into Excel then use an app that bulk sends SMS via our phones. The app is mySMS, £7.99 a year. Takes around two minutes a day in total. Can you do something similar in Squeegee?

Vin

Ched

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2022, 11:18:09 am »
Wow. I assumed your maths was a decimal place out but that's a horrific sum. These days, with everyone on unlimited text tariffs, there's no excuse for that.

We use Aworka and export jobsheets into Excel then use an app that bulk sends SMS via our phones. The app is mySMS, £7.99 a year. Takes around two minutes a day in total. Can you do something similar in Squeegee?

Vin
That looks interesting but doesn't get great reviews on Android. Any ideas what version of Android you are using? Thanks.
Squeegee told me that due to security changes in Android a 3rd party app can't send txt messages but if mySMS can then that sort of contradicts them!!!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2022, 10:20:37 pm »
It may receive poor reviews because I think they promote it as an SMS client; I'd agree it's not terribly good on that front.

However, as a bulk text from phone utility, it never puts a foot wrong. Provided you want to send identical texts to a bunch of recipients (which is what we use it for), it's perfect.

No idea what version of Android but I've been using it for years. You can try it free but it adds a tagline for the product about one text in ten. I paid just to remove that.

Vin

Ched

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2022, 10:28:16 pm »
It may receive poor reviews because I think they promote it as an SMS client; I'd agree it's not terribly good on that front.

However, as a bulk text from phone utility, it never puts a foot wrong. Provided you want to send identical texts to a bunch of recipients (which is what we use it for), it's perfect.

No idea what version of Android but I've been using it for years. You can try it free but it adds a tagline for the product about one text in ten. I paid just to remove that.

Vin
Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

Ortsa

« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2022, 08:28:33 pm »
It's likely just a false reason and an excuse to make more money, I'd like to know what other Squeegee users are doing?

deeege

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2022, 09:37:19 pm »
It's likely just a false reason and an excuse to make more money, I'd like to know what other Squeegee users are doing?

Not using the text function.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Ortsa

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2022, 09:48:24 pm »
How do you remind / invoice customers then lad

deeege

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2022, 06:15:52 am »
How do you remind / invoice customers then lad

Normal text messages. Takes probably 4 minutes per evening. I realise this isn’t an option for the multi van lads but works for me.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

High-Tower

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2022, 07:25:20 am »

It isn’t. It happened on IOS first, a security update prevented 3rd party apps from being able to send messages from your device, android have just followed suit.

Perfect Windows

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2022, 08:01:46 am »
As I've mentioned, mysms is free (bar a mention of the product in the occasional text) so it might be worth trying it to see if it works.

Vin

Ched

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2022, 06:28:49 pm »

It isn’t. It happened on IOS first, a security update prevented 3rd party apps from being able to send messages from your device, android have just followed suit.
I read that too but if that's the case how can 3rd party apps like mySMS work? Not disagreeing with you just wondered if you had any more info?