van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr B shine

Canvassing companies.
« on: May 23, 2022, 11:39:38 am »
Who have you used and would you recommend them based on the quality of work for the price they charge?
 Cheers.

Splash & dash

Re: Canvassing companies.
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2022, 01:51:43 pm »
Better off doing it yourself as canvassed work always contains jobs with access issues , dog poo , or areas that you dont want /like , also if they price it you are stuck with there pricing  , it’s better to get your own work and see the jobs before taking them on .

Lorenzo Lartley

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2022, 04:18:25 pm »
We used a company based in Essex and they proved the job was done by video!  I'd recommend it if it wasn't so expensive!

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2022, 04:41:09 pm »
We used a company based in Essex and they proved the job was done by video!  I'd recommend it if it wasn't so expensive!

I think you may have miss read the op question he was asking about canvassing company’s not proving a job has been done 😂😂

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 08:32:53 pm »
Modded... , multi-clean guarantee, professional service, make sure there's access and qualify all new customers as regular. All work is 3x and they give an extra 10% and stay in contact at all times.

3x for canvassed work....no ta ;D

InterTouch Marketing

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2022, 10:20:37 pm »
You can get it cheaper but that's when you start to run into horror stories about cancellations and advance payments etc. You get what you pay for I guess.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2022, 10:23:24 pm »
You can get it cheaper but that's when you start to run into horror stories about cancellations and advance payments etc. You get what you pay for I guess.

If you wish to advertise please contact forum admin.
It's a game of three halves!

InterTouch Marketing

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2022, 10:41:01 pm »
I've tried several times, heard nothing back. I've seen many posts on here linking websites so didn't see any harm in doing so. Apologies.

NWH

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2022, 01:30:56 pm »
Imo jobs that have been door knocked are on the whole a waste of time once they’ve got to start coughing up every 6 weeks or so they start to think we did ok with the windows when they were dirty,you want someone that comes to you through a leaflet or website more chance you’ll be dealing with more sensible humans.
Obviously you’ll get the odd good work from knocking doors but on the whole a round of it is usually low end stuff,people that have pride in their house have or will get a window cleaner thereselves.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2022, 01:35:22 pm »
A guy that used to work for me has left window cleaning and come back to it over the last 20 odd years between taxi driving everytime he’s only ever knocked doors to build a round,90% of the work he’s picked up is stuff other window cleaners have cleaned and stopped going back to.
He used to say to me there’s loads and loads of work about you’ve just got to knock on doors,the only trouble is he wouldn’t know decent work if it walked round the corner and chinned him.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2022, 01:45:55 pm »
I've tried several times, heard nothing back. I've seen many posts on here linking websites so didn't see any harm in doing so. Apologies.

Hmmm. Sorry to hear this. I shall try to flag this post with Forum Admin...
It's a game of three halves!

InterTouch Marketing

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2022, 02:00:29 pm »
With all due respect I've been canvassing for window cleaners for years and although you do get cancellations, the extra 10% we give covers the fallout, it depends how canvassing is done, if you get people that will just sign up anyone they can convince then yeah, you're gonna lose loads. We, however only sign up those people that actually want a regular service and the phrase "ahhh yes please we've been meaning to arrange this" from successful people who own detached houses is something I hear every day.

Smudger

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2022, 05:29:32 pm »
Inter - don't engage with Nigel - he has an opinion on everyone and everything - usually picked up by some "expert" he knows rather than on knowledge or common sense - just read a few back posts to get a measure of him

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2022, 05:37:58 pm »
Maybe Darren you will get and have a more sustainable business filled with customers that come to you,if you send out 2-3 people door knocking of course you’ll get work but a lot of it will be dross that have a couple of cleans then dump you.
The world these days is online and it’s moved on from door knocking even over the last 5 or so years,someone wants a window cleaner seriously they either speak to a friend or they go online.