This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

a55essor

Re: leaflet drops
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2006, 04:13:37 pm »
Hi Steve
Would you mind if I could have copy of you letter?
My E-Mail klcleaning@fsmail.net

Thanks Kevin

elaine-matt

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 12:17:08 pm »
hi steve, please could you spare me a copy of your letter? i am in urgent need of insperation.
my e-mail is elaine-matt@blueyonder.co.uk

thanks

matt

mick hay

« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 07:49:49 pm »
Drivewasher, i see your in Warrington....im doing a drop there in the new year (window cleaning), who do you use?

To those who knock leaflets, and say they dont work.....i started w/c, 2 yrs ago, built only by leaflets, i am now at the stage where i need to employ.

I would recommend leaflets to anyone. Yes you do have to do them in high volumes, however, my business has been built up from leaflets and will carry on using them to build even further.

mark.laycock1@ntlw

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2007, 07:44:23 am »
hi all, could i have a copy of the letter please. am going to try this.i stuck bits on the back of my leaflets about block paving, inprinted concrert, and tarmac about cleaning and sealing , got some work out of that . mark
mark

mike peters

« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2007, 03:14:32 pm »
Just had a sale from a leaflet dropped over 18 months ago. Why?
cos is said in bold across the front ' Do not throw this away, you might needs us later'.
Use good quality print We used post cards full colour both sides from Printing.com (10,000 for about £400) and get regular work. we tried cheaper ones but they get chucked. Quality card and they feel they are too good to throw away. Maybed????!!!!

myvanwi

« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2007, 05:48:35 pm »
Hi Drivewasher.

Nice colourful leaflets, but it's well known that leaflets hardly ever work.

What your saying to the customer is, this is what I do - if you want this service - call me and I will come and clean for you. It doesn't explain anything to me that would make me want to use your service.

It's what's called an institutional ad, and hardly ever works..
I have studied direct marketing techniques and this is the direction you need to go.

You need to think about Direct Marketing, still send out leaflets but re-write them in the form of an A4 letter - White paper/black ink, with a Headline that catches their eye, explain as much as you can about yourself and what you do and try to offer a free demo or free re-sanding on all block paving cleaned in next 2 weeks etc. Give them an incentive to call you.

Call Now !  For a free no obligation demonstration.  Tel:  ********

People like to receive letters, and they are more likely to read them, rather than a plain leaflet.

email me, if you would like a sample copy of one of mine and see what I mean...

steve.

Could you please email me with a copy of your letter, sounds interesting. Email houseproudcleaning@btinternet.com
Thanks

mike peters

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2008, 01:57:12 pm »

5 jobs from a 1000 leaflets is very good. One thing we all must remember. The likes of B&Q drop 2 million leaflets per month, and thats from a well established company (NB anyone bought one of those 99p orange buckets yet!!!)
Leaflets should be regular.... similar and hold a message like : YOU MIGHT NEED US ONE DAY :
I have just got a job from a leaflet that was dropped in June 2005. They kept it until Dec 20th when I got a £1600 job. So if you are gonna do it, print 10,000, cherry pick your areas and get students or a company to deliver @ £25 per 1000 (advertise for droppers on Gumtree.com for free) and be prepared to collect them from a central point).

printing.com are hard to beat on there special offers eg 10,000 A5 full colour both sides for £396 + £250 for droppers (and your time which is priceless :)... Imagine doing a shopping centre or market and getting acrosss to 10,000 potential's.... i don't fink so!

Hello everyone, i,m very new to this carpet and upholstery cleaning lark. However, i have spent a considerable amount of money on this venture and i will therefore give it my best shot.
I recently purchased 1,000 A5 3 coloured leaflets, they were of good quality and cost 65£.
I delivered all 1,000 of them myself (sucker!). Naturally the temperature was in the high eighties and "helpers" were thin on the ground to say the least!
I did actually secure five jobs from this and have been told since that,that was pretty good going first time out.
Although i can be quite cynical and jaded at times i do indeed appreciate any and all encouragement.
( i think the heat i endured helped to hold sway with five sympathetic souls).
But, hey,Result!

Love and best wishes Mark in Hartlepool.

PremierPDS

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2008, 05:37:58 pm »
Hi all

It's a while since I've posted on the board but thought I'd take a quick look today to see what's been going on while I've been away and found this thread quite interesting and thought I'd add my experiences to it...

Firstly, I agree with all those who that say that flyers work. There is a big reason why big companies choose to market in this way and all those flyers that fall through the door every week with your free local rag are there because they work! When I did my business course flyers were the cheapest way to get my business off the mark and were highly recommended by the business centre who helped me set up. I had the design done through the graphic designer at the business centre and although it wasn't to my liking they went out anyway. I got 9 calls from the flyer drop, 3 enquiries, a one off job worth £800 and 5 repeat cleans and a weekly basis which was enough to get me started and well worth the money I paid for the flyers and the delivery costs.

Without coming across as I'm touting for business or misleading anyone as to the effectiveness of flyer drops, I've now inadvertently become involved in the design and printing business myself (as many of you already know). It really is down to where you drop your flyers and some delivery companies don't give you much of a choice as to where they're dropped and only allow you to specify postcodes etc which can throw your campaign completely out of the window if you're not careful. Specify street names if possible and your response rate should be better. It also helps not to expect too much either...the response rate for flyer drops is on average 1% (although this depends on what's being advertised) and this is why high numbers are needed in order to achieve the desired response. Design is also important and I strongly suggest getting someone who knows what they're doing to create something strong, professional and eye catching. I've designed many flyers for the people on this board and have had some great feedback regarding the actual designs and their response rates. Take a look at my website- it's still under construction but you can still view flyer prices under the products tab www.premierpds.co.uk.

Good luck
Nickie
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

jorgesil

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2008, 07:39:56 pm »
  Hi All

Had anyone had any experience with leaflets for office and commercial cleaning?
 If so what's the response?
 The reason why I'm asking is because I'm trying to start on this side of the business
 and just had 1000 leaflets delivered about 5 weeks ago,the person that doing it
 I believe is honest and do the thing properly but I had not 1 single enquiry.

Thank's

Jorge Ribeiro
www.portukleen.co.uk
Let Portukleen do your clean.

myvanwi

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2008, 09:24:01 pm »
We have delivered leaflets for office and showroom cleans and had no response whatsover. I have not yet found anyone who I can trust to deliver the leaflets so we have to do this ourselves which is extremely time consuming and to get no response is soul destroying, The conclusion we have come to is that the people responsible for organising these cleans are lazy and dont have very high standards. Therefore they tend to stay with the large companies they already use who will have contacted them a long time ago (NOT BY SENDING FLYERS OUT). They wait of cleaning companies going to them and dont tend to come to us via leaflet drops. We have found the only way to get this business is to visit the premises in person and speak face to face with the decision maker and impress on them what we can offer. Good Luck.

jorgesil

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2008, 11:12:49 pm »
Hi myvanwi

Thank's for your response.
Probably this is more dificult than I'm thinking,but in one way or other
I will still try.

Jorge Ribeiro
www.portukleen.co.uk

PremierPDS

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2008, 02:11:22 pm »
Hi Jorge

I've done this two ways- firstly by delivering flyers alone for which the response rate was next to none. With the second lot of flyers I wrote a letter introducing myself and my company and put images of the office staff on the A4 flyers so that when we followed them up with calls they would know who they were talking to (assuming they were interested to begin with). The response rate still wasn't great but was much higher than the flyer alone and got us 3 regular office cleans which again was enough to get the ball rolling with office cleans. Once we had these we called into all the local offices surrounding the ones we were already cleaning and started our pitch with 'hi, I'm.... from...We clean the Grenn Henley office over the road etc. Most companies will already have contracts with other companies but it's worth asking them when the contract is due to end and make a note of it and then follow it up with a call about 6-4 weeks before the due end date. Hope this helps.

Nickie
Flyers, Business Cards, Bi and Tri fold leaflets, Brochures and much much more designed and printed at www.premierpds.co.uk

jorgesil

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2008, 09:55:57 pm »
Hi Nickie

Thank's for your help.
I'll have to follow other ways,not just flyers.

Jorge Ribeiro
www.portukleen.co.uk

drive surgeon

« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2008, 10:08:57 am »
i think leaflets are ok really. :D

myvanwi

« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2008, 08:05:08 pm »
Hi Jorge

I've done this two ways- firstly by delivering flyers alone for which the response rate was next to none. With the second lot of flyers I wrote a letter introducing myself and my company and put images of the office staff on the A4 flyers so that when we followed them up with calls they would know who they were talking to (assuming they were interested to begin with). The response rate still wasn't great but was much higher than the flyer alone and got us 3 regular office cleans which again was enough to get the ball rolling with office cleans. Once we had these we called into all the local offices surrounding the ones we were already cleaning and started our pitch with 'hi, I'm.... from...We clean the Grenn Henley office over the road etc. Most companies will already have contracts with other companies but it's worth asking them when the contract is due to end and make a note of it and then follow it up with a call about 6-4 weeks before the due end date. Hope this helps.

It does help thankyou very much. I assume you print and design this flyer yourself. Could you email me one to houseproudcleaning@btinternet.com as it sounds like it worked really well. it is so difficult to get the wording and photos right.

Nickie

Alfa

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2008, 12:53:49 am »
Hi and from me
I am also new to this site, but I would like to tell you that we have a good respond from the leaflets. Every 1000- 3, 4 jobs, which is great I think. Here is the site where I have done 20 000 simple black and white A5 flyers for carpet cleaning for only £139 with the delivery  ;)
http://www.leafletsforyou.co.uk

Alan Rowley

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2008, 08:42:02 am »
We had 5,000 leaflets printed, but we only distributed 1,000 of them, for various reasons. We will resumed distribution in the spring.

We had them done postcard size on good quality card. Our theory was that people would be more inclined to save them if they resembled a postcard, instead of a flyer.

We distributed them in May, and I got an enquiry from someone in November who had saved the card.

Another point to bear in mind - postcards are much easy in shove in letterboxes than a folded flyer.

If you want to have a look at ours, you can download a pdf by clicking here.