van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wilclean

Help & Advice wanted
« on: January 11, 2008, 10:43:37 pm »
Hi all

I've been ask today by one of my clients to price up a carpark clean which holds 10-20 car's and He's asked for it to be done once a week. I've checked the car park and it just needs a realy good sweep which will take about roughly 1hr. I've never priced this type of job up before and dont know where to start - I did think about just charging what I would normally charge per hour but dont know if that would be alright or not. Any feedback would be great

Kind regards Paul

jikwan

Re: Help & Advice wanted
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2008, 07:24:06 am »
Zen is the art of seeing everything.....noticing nothing

Fox

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2008, 08:05:13 am »
Hi

I would price this job higher than your regular price for regular commercial cleaning works, - it is only one hour a week, who are you going to get to do it for such a short amount of time (I don't want to hear the answer that you will do it yourself even if you will, think as a larger business).  This is outside work and therefore will cost more in terms of PPE.  Don't forget your risk assessments when you are working in places where there are vehicle access you have to include the risks.

Fox

ace jetwash

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2008, 06:49:10 pm »
Do they want chewing gum removal/ oil spill etc ? if so then you can name your price....
be carefull, you may have to deal with used sharps and syringes which need full M.O statement and regulated disposal.

Is it an area the public can access ?

I think its best they state what they want then price it.

BDCS

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008, 10:34:56 am »
Hello, I do much the same in a car park, 6 cars once a month. £30/ visit takes about 30 mins and the petrol garden blower earns most of it. Never seen anything dodgy. Gum etc are another Quote

wilclean

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008, 10:14:00 pm »
Hi

there only asking for a basic carpark clean i.e- full sweep nothing major.

Paul

ace jetwash

Re: Help & Advice wanted New
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2008, 10:07:40 am »
One hours sweeping has got to be worth £20.
fuel to and fro, ppe, tax, stamp, new broom...it all adds up !