This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

bscleaning

leaflet drops
« on: July 20, 2006, 12:03:42 am »
Hi just wanted some feedback on leaflet drops, am about to do a mailshot , and just wondered if any of you kind peaple can give me your feedback if you have done this yourselves, on how well or bad you done, and what is the best way to get your name out there ? many thanks.

stains-away

Re: leaflet drops
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2006, 12:18:50 am »
I run leaflets constantly for carpet cleaning, if your going to put them out yourself then good luck!
Its character building work, if you've ever tried walking around houses for 7-8 hours a day you will know what I mean.
Dependant on how many you are looking at putting out its easier to find someone to do the legwork for you, if you can find anybody reliable that is.
Solus is the best way to go as leaflets delivered with others tend to end up in the bin, as do leaflets delivered with newspapers or if they appear on the doormat along with the mail.
I was told that the way to write a leaflet is called A.I.D.A, Attention, Interest, Desire, Action, grab their attention, hold their interest, turn the interest into desire then give them the resaon to act on the desire by making the call, putting a perceived value on the flyer (discount by % or a fixed price discount) could help to encourage the punter to keep hold of it, most of all monitor results carefully to see what works and what doesnt, Andy

Ged

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:07:32 pm »
even with full colour pro leaflets response has been earth shatteringly bad for my pressure washing business flyers. maybe half of one percent interest tops. local ad in paper has worked best , then recommendations, then cold calling. may be different for domestic cleaners which is repeat business unlike pressure washing which is one off.

Ged

drivewasher

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 09:54:41 pm »
Yea Ged I agree, I get pro firm to do my leaflet drops in batches of about 1000 to 4/5000 a time, but the guy is very good and on my wavelength, he does try to post in the right areas.

One estate the best estate yet was where he actually lived, an off the cuff remark led to him doing it. First go in May 1000 drop got me aprox 5 jobs, but off those 5 I was reccomended to another 3.
 first week in July my son suggested as a trial he do the same estate again, 1000 drop = 1 job with 1 reccomend off that job

I'm just having my van lettered and photo'd to see if that will help
I'm always in the poo, it's just the depth that varies

BSFilter

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 11:01:25 pm »
Hi,

I’d be extremely disappointed if I had paid for 1000 leaflets to be printed then x amount of my time to post them or x amount of paying someone else to do it, then only getting a few jobs from all that expense/effort.

In fact I would give up and diversify into another area of the incredibly lucrative industry of cleaning services.

Just my thoughts.

Regards

BSF

drivewasher

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 11:56:19 pm »
Why? It's not in my nature to quit. If youre one of lifes quiters then good luck for whatever you do.
Leaflets is not the only form of marketing I do as I would guess same with Ged. But back to my "disappointing" leaflet drops. If you take my 1000 leaflets on the first drop. They cost £277 for 20,000 to print, £25 to be delivered professionally, that totals £48.85.
The jobs I got all in 5 + 3 recomends = 8 jobs, average price per job £85 so I have taken £680 maybe a little more PLUS possibility of even more reccomends and repeat work if not next year the year after.
As all my set up stands me at well over £8,000 no way will I lie down and roll over, if thats what you expect me to do then youre sadly mistaken. I will stand my corner.
So BSF this is one thread youv'e not killed! Good try

BSFilter

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 12:21:37 am »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Your a bit touchy 2nite, have we met b4?

If I was a big (repeat) customer I'd be a bit put off with the address on your flyer, just a thought ;)

I'm not trying to kill the post drivewasher, but if you can get 20,000 leaflets delivered and printed for £48.95 well done ;D

I see from the flyer youve been doing it for 26 years, at least youve got commitment to your job, if youve been doing it for that long theirs no point in quiting, just carry on leafleting ;D

BSFilter

« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2006, 12:25:45 am »
Can I ask another question if I may, without you biting my head off?

Why? It's not in my nature to quit. If youre one of lifes quiters then good luck for whatever you do.
Leaflets is not the only form of marketing I do as I would guess same with Ged. But back to my "disappointing" leaflet drops. If you take my 1000 leaflets on the first drop. They cost £277 for 20,000 to print, £25 to be delivered professionally, that totals £48.85.
The jobs I got all in 5 + 3 recomends = 8 jobs, average price per job £85 so I have taken £680 maybe a little more PLUS possibility of even more reccomends and repeat work if not next year the year after.
As all my set up stands me at well over £8,000 no way will I lie down and roll over, if thats what you expect me to do then youre sadly mistaken. I will stand my corner.
So BSF this is one thread youv'e not killed! Good try

How is a leaflet professionally delivered?

;D

drivewasher

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2006, 12:41:51 am »
What I mean is, I don't give em to kids to deliver it's done by a professionsl company who does a check back to verify, records can be viewed by me I et a list of names and addresses that where verified by supervisor, usually 1 or 2 houses in every street

markmcfarlane

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2006, 12:27:53 pm »
Hello everyone, i,m very new to this carpet and upholstery cleaning lark. However, i have spent a considerable amount of money on this venture and i will therefore give it my best shot.
I recently purchased 1,000 A5 3 coloured leaflets, they were of good quality and cost 65£.
I delivered all 1,000 of them myself (sucker!). Naturally the temperature was in the high eighties and "helpers" were thin on the ground to say the least!
I did actually secure five jobs from this and have been told since that,that was pretty good going first time out.
Although i can be quite cynical and jaded at times i do indeed appreciate any and all encouragement.
( i think the heat i endured helped to hold sway with five sympathetic souls).
But, hey,Result!

Love and best wishes Mark in Hartlepool.

mxg

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2006, 02:23:30 pm »
Another point to note is repetition.

Apart from the people who reponded to an unsolicited leaflet, there will also be another group of people who actually meant to call you but .............. never quite got around to it for one reason or another. So the next time they see the same leaflet popping through the door they say "O poo, I meant to ring them, must do it now etc

A lot of it also has to do with timing ie if somebody has an immediate need for your service they are likely to ring, if somebody has a need but doesn't currently have the money the MIGHT just stick your leaflet on their kitchen noticeboard for when they can.

We have expiry dates on our leaflets but if somebody has bothered to keep it that long and then call we will still honour the offer.

I would also consider re-writing the phrase "Prices from £35 for a free quotation"!

Mick

drivewasher

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2006, 02:28:27 pm »
Why?  Thats my min charge

the red carpet

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2006, 05:30:26 pm »
Two of you mention 5 jobs per thousand, thats a really great response in my book

I would assume your average job is around £100?

If so thats £500 a thousand

So if you find a firm to deliver say 5000 a week, thats £2500 a week worth of work, is that bad???

geefree

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2006, 12:18:36 am »
oh dear.
why argue , it matters not who does what.

tomorrow, today will be yesterday.

the red carpet

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2006, 06:16:10 pm »
Markmcfarlane

Good luck in your new venture, but let me tell you as someone who has done a lot of cc leaflets 1000 is nowere near enough. you will never take of with such small quantities if you are putting out less than 2500 a week you will struggle, a ideal target is 5000 a week. If you put out a decent leaflet in a decent area 5000 a week you will be fully booked from day one.

Problem is reliable delivery, i have been trying to find someone for nearly a year now
every firm i have tried has stitched me up
the only way i have found is to do them myself over the weekend with a couple of helpers
iv a meeting with one more firm in the morning who reckon they can do it and then thats it, iv tryed everyone near me who does it
apart from royal mail, who i will be trying if this next firm fails

only other option is employ someone on minimum wage, they go out with you in the morning and post leaflets as you work

Steve N

« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2006, 10:18:59 pm »
Hi Drivewasher.

Nice colourful leaflets, but it's well known that leaflets hardly ever work.

What your saying to the customer is, this is what I do - if you want this service - call me and I will come and clean for you. It doesn't explain anything to me that would make me want to use your service.

It's what's called an institutional ad, and hardly ever works..
I have studied direct marketing techniques and this is the direction you need to go.

You need to think about Direct Marketing, still send out leaflets but re-write them in the form of an A4 letter - White paper/black ink, with a Headline that catches their eye, explain as much as you can about yourself and what you do and try to offer a free demo or free re-sanding on all block paving cleaned in next 2 weeks etc. Give them an incentive to call you.

Call Now !  For a free no obligation demonstration.  Tel:  ********

People like to receive letters, and they are more likely to read them, rather than a plain leaflet.

email me, if you would like a sample copy of one of mine and see what I mean...

steve.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2006, 10:45:32 pm »
Do you think this would work for window cleaning?
wildstyles

Steve N

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2006, 07:37:23 am »
I don't see why not, it should improve any business your in, As the saying goes - the more you tell the more you sell, window cleaning is no different to any other business, you have to think like your customers - What would you like, all any customer wants at the end of the day is value for money.

Did you know that it takes just 4 seconds for a customer to decide on using your service, this is why you need to explain as much as you can in your letter.

steve.

Nick Vassilev

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2006, 03:25:18 pm »
Steve, could you email me one of your letters, please?
It sounds like a good a idea.

My email address is nick@anyclean.co.uk

Thanks
Nick

Eureka Ventures

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2006, 02:39:58 pm »
Steve

Yes please

Freddie
A consistently good service