This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Would you rather…
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2022, 10:24:55 am »
I am still trad. Next week I will have been in the game 25 years!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2022, 12:38:42 pm »

John

I treated myself to a diesel hot water system for my 25th anniversary! :)

Heres to another 25 years mate!👍
price higher/work harder!

High-Tower

« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2022, 04:52:13 pm »

John

What’s kept you trad all those years?

swanson

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2022, 02:30:07 pm »
I wouldn’t want to be either that’s why I’ve given up

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2022, 09:09:04 pm »
I do quite a bit of traditional work still so it wouldn't bother me too much if I had to use that method full time.   I would have to drop a few perhaps who would be too difficult/dangerous/time consuming to do with the ladder but I'd still keep the round mostly intact. 

There would be one or two benefits in that I wouldn't have the hassle of purifying water anymore and lower costs related to buying the sometimes pricey WFP equipment.   

That said there would also be some drawbacks of course in that very windy weather would become a problem and work would be done slower.  The frustrations of doing trad work like problematic detail work, leads in the rain, squeegee lines etc would also be intensified.   

I do find though that customers of a certain age (as in the more elderly ones) seem to prefer the traditional method so maybe it would be easier to pick up new work if fully trad should more customers ever be needed.   

Skinner

« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2022, 09:42:12 pm »
15 years trad and 15 years WTP, 
If I had to go back to ladders... I would because I've never had another trade or skill behind me.
As for employing staff trad you'd struggle to make a sensible profit.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2022, 12:45:24 pm »
If you went back to ladders it would feel and be like a totally different job,once you’ve taken 15-20 minutes to clean the side of a house when it used to take you 5-6 minutes you would have had enough. I regularly clean jobs that used to take 1.5-2 hours with the pole it’s more like 30-40 minutes.
You can be as quick as you like on a ladder once you’ve been over to the dark side it would all seem  like a chore.