This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Supreme brushes?
« on: November 11, 2021, 03:31:35 pm »
Been using Xtreme brushes of various forms for some time now but struggling with the limited line-up of current 26cm offerings and I can't stand sill brushes. What I'm struggling with most is the ability to get any meaningful bristle force into corners- particularly within recessed and sash windows., there's just not enough side splay. The Xtremes just falter when it comes to spiders nests etc. They also really bang on frames too.
The supreme is the only Gardiner brush that I've never used but I'm now thinking it may be worth a try. Obviously it's the weight I'm concerned about after using Xtremes, so can anyone who's has or does use both offer any insight? I miss the Xtreme with the boars hair inner bristles!
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

Re: Supreme brushes?
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 03:58:07 pm »
For the type of windows you are describing you would be better off with something like an streamline brush,the actual bristles are longer and push in to the corners like you mention.
Alex used to make a brush like this years ago I still have one and save it for windows like this,the medium extreme is good enough and is able to do an adequate job on maintenance cleans and gets in to the corners just about enough it’s the one with the row of orange bristles on it.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2021, 04:01:45 pm »
Manufacturers seem to have gotten away from the old style shaped brush that we all started off with,the good thing about the older shaped brushes was it was easier to flick out spiders webs etc due to the shape especially on like you mention boxed Sash type windows.

High-Tower

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2021, 04:07:08 pm »
Yes, supreme brush is what You are looking for. Love my tapertec jobby. Not too heavy, great cleaning power, good brush life. 10/10

KS Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2021, 04:07:27 pm »
Been using Xtreme brushes of various forms for some time now but struggling with the limited line-up of current 26cm offerings and I can't stand sill brushes. What I'm struggling with most is the ability to get any meaningful bristle force into corners- particularly within recessed and sash windows., there's just not enough side splay. The Xtremes just falter when it comes to spiders nests etc. They also really bang on frames too.
The supreme is the only Gardiner brush that I've never used but I'm now thinking it may be worth a try. Obviously it's the weight I'm concerned about after using Xtremes, so can anyone who's has or does use both offer any insight? I miss the Xtreme with the boars hair inner bristles!
I find the Ultimate the best all round brush and they come in a variety of bristle types. I don’t like the shape of the Supreme, any brush that is rounded at the end isn’t going to be the best for getting into corners IMO.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2021, 04:09:27 pm »
The Supreme DuPont is almost the worst brush I’ve ever used.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2021, 05:18:16 pm »
I find the Ultimate the best all round brush and they come in a variety of bristle types. I don’t like the shape of the Supreme, any brush that is rounded at the end isn’t going to be the best for getting into corners IMO.

That's the very reason I've never tried one.
Got me thinking recently about those aerial brushes that some used to rave about (remember them?) They were the same shape as the supremes are now.
I'm not getting any younger either so trying to avoid brushes which require excess force all the time too.
It's the age old wfp quandary....brushes- weight Vs effectiveness. I've been at this game 17 years too!😁
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2021, 05:23:16 pm »
The Supreme DuPont is almost the worst brush I’ve ever used.

That's the one I was going to buy.😬
See..... here's the thing. To me the Xtreme flocked sill is the words worst brush, utterly useless, but some on here love them. To me they are totally ineffective,  a bit like using a mop instead of a brush.
Comfortably Numb!

richard connett

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2021, 05:28:40 pm »
Supreme DuPont is my main brush of choice now. Perfect mix of weight, splay, durability and sill cleaning ability. The longer bristles will get out spiders webs and stop you knocking / scratching frames . Try one

High-Tower

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2021, 05:49:48 pm »
The rounded shape of the stock makes it perfect for getting into the corners, it’s narrower and the bristles splay in and arch and hook all the crap out.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2021, 06:10:37 pm »
Yeah we all have our preferences if  someone said to me you can only have just 2 brushes 1 would be the extreme flocked sill and the 2nd would be the extreme medium tapertec,I could clean near on everything with those 2 brushes.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2021, 07:14:01 pm »
Yeah we all have our preferences if  someone said to me you can only have just 2 brushes 1 would be the extreme flocked sill and the 2nd would be the extreme medium tapertec,I could clean near on everything with those 2 brushes.

I like the Xtreme medium tapertec, if it had some natural splay at the ends it would probably be the perfect brush but for some reason, even with wear the bristles seem to taper inwards rather than the usual outwards :-\ :-\ as you drag the brush horizontal across the glass, the bristles fold in on themselves. A slight modification would correct this but I'm not sure of the direction Gardiners are going these days. For every giant leap forward, they seem to step back with another.
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2021, 07:23:20 pm »
I think you can get too caught up on how big the brush needs to be to clean a window adequately I know I used to think like that,the flocked extreme deals very well with heavily soiled windows or even a first clean the medium will do the same with little effort especially with hot water.
I’ve trialed a super lite verses an extreme and the results are the same with less effort and weight needed,if you use an extreme day in day out any extra weight at the end of the pole you’ll easily notice if it does the job and it’s half the weight almost or at least it feels like that it’s a no brainer.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2021, 07:32:23 pm »
I think you can get too caught up on how big the brush needs to be to clean a window adequately I know I used to think like that,the flocked extreme deals very well with heavily soiled windows or even a first clean the medium will do the same with little effort especially with hot water.
I’ve trialed a super lite verses an extreme and the results are the same with less effort and weight needed,if you use an extreme day in day out any extra weight at the end of the pole you’ll easily notice if it does the job and it’s half the weight almost or at least it feels like that it’s a no brainer.

It's not it's general cleaning ability I'm questioning. It's the ability to do specific things. You can spend a lot of unnecessary time trying to hook one or more spiders nests out of a window- even though the rest of the glass is perfect. Any brush will clean a pane of glass perfectly but there's no point having the ability to clean that pane in three seconds if then it takes you over a minute to hook a tiny spiders nest out the corner. This is where it get's annoying because you can see where the problem lies and the designer and manufacturer should have had this nailed years ago! ;D ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2021, 07:44:44 pm »
The supreme still is our go to brush , we have tried them all but much prefer the supreme it’s splay is excellent scrubbing power good and best brush with hot water by far , the bristles are a bit longer to which is good for getting under gutters

NWH

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2021, 08:12:50 pm »
I have said years ago that the brushes need stiff bristles at each end about 3 rows in stiff only for this purpose,I believe this makes things complicated or more difficult when making them or it would have been done although it looks similar to this on that horrible banana 🍌 shaped brush some manufacturers make lol.

richard connett

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2021, 08:35:43 pm »
I think you need a brush which stays in shape for longer. Most of them are good at spiders nests at first. It’s how they look after 8 weeks
That’s what’s impressed me about the supreme tapertec

windowswashed

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2021, 09:55:59 pm »
Can't beat a radial lite for windows with spiders nests in the corners, brilliant for first cleans and the most stubborn spiders nest. Challenge any Gardiner brush to remove spiders nest as easily as a radial lite, hands down much easier using a rolling motion into the corners.

Splash & dash

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2021, 10:15:55 pm »
Can't beat a radial lite for windows with spiders nests in the corners, brilliant for first cleans and the most stubborn spiders nest. Challenge any Gardiner brush to remove spiders nest as easily as a radial lite, hands down much easier using a rolling motion into the corners.

Ime always happy to try new things but £150 for a brush  that looks like it’s hardly got any bristles seams a bit steep to me , I haven’t used one though it would be interesting tk hear from ones that do use them

Jonny 87

« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2021, 07:25:55 am »
Supremes are all we use now. They are our brush of choice.

Great for cleaning sills because of the splay, and great for getting into corners. The longer bristles and splay means you can flick out spiders no problem.

The bristle type is then all just preference. We use the stiff supreme because we use hot water and it’s perfect.

We found the DuPont supreme great for cold water use too.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher