This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

֍Winp®oClean֍

Re: Supreme brushes?
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2021, 07:29:33 am »
The Supreme DuPont is almost the worst brush I’ve ever used.

For what reasons NWH?
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2021, 11:39:34 am »
Well, I've ordered the supreme dupont.
£66 for a brush with no socket, another set of jets I Don't need and a plastic gooseneck!
If this turns out to be as crap as the Xtreme flocked them I'm going to have to look at alternative suppliers- something I thought I would never have to say. When you can't even get jet placement 100%, it raises concerns.
Comfortably Numb!

JandS

« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2021, 11:48:52 am »
Ultimate medium with rinse bar all day long......good for FSG cleaning when they get older with fan jets to spray the cleaning solution on.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

NWH

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2021, 04:13:56 pm »
66 notes for 1 supreme DuPont brush lol if you use hot water with that particular brush you’ll kill it within hours

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2021, 08:10:03 pm »
66 notes for 1 supreme DuPont brush lol if you use hot water with that particular brush you’ll kill it within hours

That did include a new plastic neck too.😁
No hot water for me, just the immersion on the very coldest of winter days.
Comfortably Numb!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2021, 08:17:17 pm »
I was considering a 35cm Xtreme until I realised that the jet positioning compels you to use all Four jets! There's not the option to use a 35cm brush with just Two jets as the jets are either extreme center or extreme edge. I have to say, I'm a little bewildered with Gardiners recent direction- particularly with brushes!
Comfortably Numb!

NWH

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2021, 08:23:32 pm »
That wide DuPont type brush is very good also and it will last with warm water I’ve used it with hot and it’s stood up well although I’m not constantly using it in the pole day in day out,well worth buying that one how much is that one now 200 quid lol blimey 60 quid is a lot of money for a supreme if that’s what they want these days.

NWH

« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2021, 08:26:32 pm »
I did a con roof with a DuPont supreme with hot water when I finished it the brush was so badly deformed it was beyond saving even with hot and colding it trying to get it back in to shape,I can see why people may like them on  glass with no obstacles like bars or lead  but I can’t see it beyond that.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2021, 08:36:09 pm »
Well, we'll have to wait and see. I don't mind the cost if it does what it's supposed to do. Although, I do have 10 spare sets of jet capsules now, which defeats one of their fundamental purposes.
Comfortably Numb!

DJW

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2021, 08:44:54 pm »
In my opinion……..
The Supreme is not good. It’s splayed too wide, rams the bristle tips into leaded windows and is too heavy.
My favourite is Winpros useless mop, the flocked Extreme. I love it, holds it’s shape well but wears before your eyes! It’s the only brush I’ve worn out ever! Gone through four now in probably a year. Useless in corners and sash windows too and the stock hammers the frames.
The worst Gardiners brush I have ever bought has to be the radial sill brush, what a joke! Designed all wrong. However …… trim the stupid outer bristles back level with the stiff under bristles and it’s pretty good for cleaning the runners on sash windows.

DJW

« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2021, 08:49:39 pm »
Gardiners scraper attachment is pretty good for Spiders nests …… if there is enough room.

NWH

« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2021, 09:12:52 pm »
If it’s spiders webs in corners that is the main problem forget the brush just use a swivel, the top section of the pole stops you being able to get in to the corner,a twist of the wrist will push the corner of the brush under the sash without being obstructed.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2021, 09:45:02 pm »
It's not all about spiders nests.😁
I've used a swivel since Gaz first brought them to the black market. I designed Gardiners first production swivel (I still have the drawings, and possibly the prototype). I have been WFP for over 17 years. I have tested and consulted on countless brushes and and equipment in the past- experience isn't the issue.😁
I'm just surprised (trying to be polite) that we are where we are today with WFP brushes in general but I'd expect much better from Gardiners, I'm struggling to to find justification for the current offerings. Can't help but wonder if we're going backwards rather than progressing. Gardiners have produced better brushes in the past than what is on offer currently. Some very fundamental aspects are wrong.
Comfortably Numb!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #33 on: November 12, 2021, 10:21:02 pm »
I was considering a 35cm Xtreme until I realised that the jet positioning compels you to use all Four jets! There's not the option to use a 35cm brush with just Two jets as the jets are either extreme center or extreme edge. I have to say, I'm a little bewildered with Gardiners recent direction- particularly with brushes!
I got the 1.2mm capsules on my latest 35cm ultimate brush, I find them a big improvement compared to using 4 of the 2mm capsules. I actually find the jet positioning good when using 4 jets, less side to side movement is required when rinsing as the 4 jet locations cover a wider area.

NWH

« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2021, 10:28:39 pm »
I have told Alex I have brushes which are years old that are better than a lot of the current ones they have longer more flexible bristles that don’t lose shape,I’ve kept a couple for certain windows one being these boxed sash windows they are able to solve this problem by getting right in to the corners by pushing the brush flatter on the glass.

Spruce

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2021, 02:01:13 pm »
I've used a swivel since Gaz first brought them to the black market. I designed Gardiners first production swivel (I still have the drawings, and possibly the prototype). I have been WFP for over 17 years. I have tested and consulted on countless brushes and and equipment in the past- experience isn't the issue.😁
I'm just surprised (trying to be polite) that we are where we are today with WFP brushes in general but I'd expect much better from Gardiners, I'm struggling to to find justification for the current offerings. Can't help but wonder if we're going backwards rather than progressing. Gardiners have produced better brushes in the past than what is on offer currently. Some very fundamental aspects are wrong.

Ah, Gaz.
That reminds me! He came back on the forums hoping no one would recognise him. When we did, he quickly disappeared. If he is still on under a totally different name, you still owe me 2 swivel brushes that I paid for that you never sent.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dd

« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2021, 02:13:54 pm »
The newer supreme dupont splays more than the older one. IMO the older supreme dupont one is a better brush.

I only ordered a second one recently as occasionally I use fan jets, and prefer to swap the brush rather than the jets.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2021, 02:50:35 pm »
The newer supreme dupont splays more than the older one. IMO the older supreme dupont one is a better brush.

I only ordered a second one recently as occasionally I use fan jets, and prefer to swap the brush rather than the jets.

There's nothing more frustrating than a supplier changing a product for one that is worse than the one it's replacing. Unfortunately, this has been seen to happen to often IMO. If it ain't broken don't fix it until you can improve upon it.
Comfortably Numb!

richard connett

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2021, 03:37:31 pm »
Will be in interesting to hear your thoughts after a few days using it.  Strange the things us window cleaners find interesting

NWH

« Reply #39 on: November 14, 2021, 03:56:15 pm »
The supreme brush is hopeless on Georgian windows with bars and lead also unless you spend all day cleaning UPVC I wouldn’t bother getting one.