van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

On the Tools
« on: September 24, 2021, 11:03:48 am »
I hate that term. You can hardly call a carbon fibre pole a tool can you. We're not a proper trade.
We look at them, they look through them.

Gringo

Re: On the Tools
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
There's a few tools on here tbf
No names mentioned you know who you are ;D
Ps I find that term a bit cringy also

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2021, 11:10:42 am »
I hate that term. You can hardly call a carbon fibre pole a tool can you. We're not a proper trade.

Anything that is used to do a job can technically be refers to as a tool , but I know what you mean

NWH

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2021, 03:58:33 pm »
We are not a proper trade heard it all now and that’s coming from a fellow window cleaner and I get stick on here for stuff dear me lol,when I next buy a 22ft Extreme and carbon gooseneck for over 700 notes I’ll be sure to tell Alex that hang on pal that’s not a proper tool you can’t charge me that 🤣🤣

NWH

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2021, 04:02:34 pm »
Someone that says we don’t use proper tools is the kind of person that cleans 50 quid jobs for 25,no self worth or confidence.

Mike Burd

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2021, 04:37:49 pm »
We are not a proper trade heard it all now and that’s coming from a fellow window cleaner and I get stick on here for stuff dear me lol,when I next buy a 22ft Extreme and carbon gooseneck for over 700 notes I’ll be sure to tell Alex that hang on pal that’s not a proper tool you can’t charge me that 🤣🤣
Quite right. I can buy a shovel for £15 but a £3,500 van system + £500 on a pole aren't proper tools.  ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2021, 04:51:32 pm »
Someone that comes out with a comment like that is a proper tool.

NWH

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 04:54:59 pm »
Stick together lads depression amongst window cleaners when you wake up and go out cleaning windows just think to yourself you are not doing a proper job that should make you feel a better person.
I’m seriously thinking about saying that to my accountant he might tell me I don’t need to pay anymore Tax ever again,not sure the HMRC view it like that though when money keeps going into my bank lol.

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 06:18:38 pm »
Who said a carbon fibre pole was a tool?

NWH

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 06:21:13 pm »
I don’t think that even justifies a reply if I’m honest.

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 06:41:45 pm »
Tool:
a device or implement, especially one held in the hand, used to carry out a particular function.

therefore it is a tool

Trade::
a job requiring manual skills and special training. - the special training may be subjective - some people just cant handle a pole or a squeegee

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 07:45:40 pm »
Or in the case of this thread “A Tool” seen in some of the comments on this particular topic.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 07:48:00 pm »
I need to buy some new thing-a-me bobs soon for me silly little thing I do daily to earn a few Bob,my flat cap is due for renewal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2021, 08:06:07 pm »
FAO admin. Can you ban the nause again please.
We look at them, they look through them.

Mike Burd

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2021, 08:17:32 pm »
On this very rare occasion he’s right though. Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Don Kee

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2021, 08:47:37 pm »

I think NWH knows I’m not his biggest fan but even I’d say he’s about right this time.

You might want to self depreciate yourself but the OP makes you sound like you’re grumpy everyone else isn’t doing the same.

Dry Clean

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2021, 09:00:03 pm »

I think NWH knows I’m not his biggest fan but even I’d say he’s about right this time.

You might want to self depreciate yourself but the OP makes you sound like you’re grumpy everyone else isn’t doing the same.

Is he ? if bricklaying, plastering, joinery, electrical work and so on where as easy as window cleaning we would all be living in self built homes, we are cleaners, its nothing to be ashamed about but a trade its not.

NWH

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2021, 09:07:28 pm »
Have you seen or had a conversation with a plasterer or bricklayer lately it’s not like talking to Jeremy Paxman now is it.

Don Kee

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2021, 09:08:12 pm »

Is he ? if bricklaying, plastering, joinery, electrical work and so on where as easy as window cleaning we would all be living in self built homes, we are cleaners, its nothing to be ashamed about but a trade its not.

My point was, who cares?

The OP “hates” the use of the word.
And the wants “the nause” banned again because he doesn’t agree.

Why? Who cares that much about the word “tools” and whether NWH is an absolute melt on here?

NWH

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2021, 09:10:08 pm »
If you don’t value what you do you’ll never achieve a decent living at this game.