van insurance

This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: what hours do you allow for cleaning/admin/end of day jobs,etc every week?
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2021, 02:02:36 pm »
I'm a 4 day week man now.....5 or 6 hours a day...that's plenty of time to earn a good wedge...
Surely you no longer need to work in the rain?

why?

of course i do or else ill get behind schedule or have to work a day i want off.........for instance i never work weekends anymore and im having thursday off next week to concentrate on drumming(we have an early rehearsal on thursday evening).....we also have a gig on saturday night so i dont want to have any of my scheduled 4 days off(mon/tues/wed/fri)and be forced to work a sat to keep to schedule.....
price higher/work harder!

Simon Trapani

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2021, 03:10:49 pm »
F.ck a schedule . Get there when we get there.

Slacky

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2021, 09:00:14 pm »
F.ck a schedule . Get there when we get there.

Absolutely!

Gringo

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2021, 09:09:33 pm »
Aye, when will you be round next time??
Be next month, sometime
Do you know what time??
Prob be am sometime or maybe afternoon

jim bean

« Reply #24 on: September 26, 2021, 12:01:11 am »
40 hours roughly every week cleaning, quoting is done indirectly through photos so everything but cleaning less than an hour. Done 50+ hours this week if you count travelling to and from work but had the most lucrative week I’ve ever had  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2021, 11:00:18 am »
Each to their own but I like to keep to a schedule or else it has a knock on effect for next weeks work,etc....

That's the beauty of running my own business....i can run it how i want to fit into my lifestyle..... :)

dazmond

« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2021, 11:01:47 am »
40 hours roughly every week cleaning, quoting is done indirectly through photos so everything but cleaning less than an hour. Done 50+ hours this week if you count travelling to and from work but had the most lucrative week I’ve ever had  ;D

Rather you than me mate....😄👍

dazmond

« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2021, 08:51:16 am »
According to 8 weekly I should be taking a week off now because of a bit of wet weather!😄👍

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2021, 06:07:46 pm »
3 hours working in the rain today and an hour yesterday.....id be nearly a day behind if id of sacked it off..... ::)roll ;D

Simon Trapani

« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2021, 06:52:48 pm »
So?

james peters

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2021, 07:08:11 pm »
3 hours working in the rain today and an hour yesterday.....id be nearly a day behind if id of sacked it off..... ::)roll ;D

I used to be like that , but now my kids are grown up ,  these days I am more chilled and enjoy time off.
my days  of getting drenched are over.
having said that , living in wales it cant be all together avoided.

there is a difference between damp drizzle and what we had today. ie bouncing off the ground!

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2021, 09:17:29 am »

I used to be like that , but now my kids are grown up ,  these days I am more chilled and enjoy time off.
my days  of getting drenched are over.
having said that , living in wales it cant be all together avoided.

there is a difference between damp drizzle and what we had today. ie bouncing off the ground!

I enjoy my time off too....but the days I want to have off(music commitments)....😄

NBwcs

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2021, 09:29:15 am »
I get why wc's in the West of the counrty possibly feel the need to clean in the rain simply down to the amount of rain you get. I live on the east side in one of the driest parts of the country and simply wouldn't get away with it, I get enough grief if it's cloudy or the forecast says it might rain later. Can't say I'd want to anyway, I save facias for rainy days and hate doing them as a result.

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2021, 06:30:55 pm »
the truth is if your shying off work on a regular basis just because of a bit of rain your losing thousands of pounds over the course of a year because of the knock on affect to your schedule....i know  as i never used to work in the rain in my trad days! ;D.......

nice day off tomorrow for me then a 6 hour day friday then im done until monday morning..... 8)

Slacky

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2021, 07:37:22 pm »
nice day off tomorrow

Carry on like that you’ll lose thousands of pounds over the course of a year because of the knock on affect to your schedule…

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2021, 11:18:50 pm »
nice day off tomorrow

Carry on like that you’ll lose thousands of pounds over the course of a year because of the knock on affect to your schedule…

ive already told you im a 4 day a week window cleaner now....... ;) :)

Ascjim

« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2021, 08:45:18 am »
I do around 15 hours per week admin, not on the tools and no out quoting unless it's sunny.

jim bean

« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2021, 08:53:16 am »

Rather you than me mate....😄👍

I’m young enough to do 8 hours a day it’s hardly hard work is it haha I used to work like a maniac now hardly break a sweat- I have pretty much perfected my technique
I will work in light rain but if it’s forecast all day and you need wipers on more than intermittent then it’s a day off spend time with my family
If your messing your schedule up having a day off doing 4 days 5 hour weeks then
As said above I also live in an eastern area that’s mainly dry and some places people will turn you away if it’s too heavy
Luckily I can go houses where I know people won’t be home to clean when it’s raining if needed  ;D

jim bean

« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2021, 08:54:04 am »
I do around 15 hours per week admin, not on the tools and no out quoting unless it's sunny.
What does this involve? I guessing you employ people then

Ascjim

« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2021, 12:14:55 pm »
Yeah got 3 guys I've had for years. I pay one more to 'look after' things on the ground.