This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Re: why have new and used van prices gone through the roof?
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2021, 12:51:56 pm »
Yep paid £10k for my Transit Custom in November....2015 plate with 37000 on clock but in very good nick and RAC warranty.
Thought I'd get more for my money but that was what they were going for on Autotrader.
Spent around 3 months looking as well.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2021, 01:01:13 pm »
The change of registration in September was always a good time to look for preregistered vans as many manufacturers preregistered vans to meet annual sales targets. That might change this year though.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Mike Burd

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2021, 01:14:19 pm »
Shortage of new ones because of Covid. When I bought a new Despatch last year I was told by the dealer that there would be no new stock until June.

EandM

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2021, 01:27:15 pm »
At the beginning of April 20 the cost of late registered pick up trucks all but collapsed.
One company was selling £15k+ Rangers for around £8k but of course no one could initially travel.

At the same time the cost of the older trucks doubled. The £2k, 150,000 milers were suddenly being advertised for £5-6k and selling almost immediately.

Presumably, many self employed folk like ourselves found themselves without the means to continue leasing?

G Griffin

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2021, 02:01:13 pm »
My old man has the same model and his turbo went last year with absolutely no trace that it had gone .
Recon unit is £900 from fiat but I haven’t been shopping yet .

Do you think my turbo could have been adversely affected by Covid  ;D
;D
But if the repair is held up because of delays in the supply chain and you can't work, you might be.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Spruce

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2021, 03:25:28 pm »
Shortage of new ones because of Covid. When I bought a new Despatch last year I was told by the dealer that there would be no new stock until June.

Even more reason to preregister what they have available to reach those targets. Citroen will have manufacturing targets to meet every year. Their distribution network will also have to meet sales targets even if they haven't had enough supply from the factory.

Specialty orders used to take 3 months to fulfill. Most of the product on the production line is what dealers have ordered for stock months in advance. (At least that was how it worked when I worked for them.)
The problem was we ordered bog standard stuff we knew we were going to sell. You wanted aircon back in those days and it was a special factory order with at least a 3 month lead time.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2021, 03:47:19 pm »
Yep paid £10k for my Transit Custom in November....2015 plate with 37000 on clock but in very good nick and RAC warranty.
Thought I'd get more for my money but that was what they were going for on Autotrader.
Spent around 3 months looking as well.
If it’s the RAC warranty you normally see on cars on a forecourt it’s not worth the paper it’s written on even if you’ve paid a bit extra for it,most of the time the only thing that will cover will be the block,there’s an excess with those warranties and it normally is the cost of the part you’ll require RAC-Black Horse etc should be ashamed of thereselves.

Granny

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2021, 05:33:18 pm »
I've just got a petrol ULEZ compliant van it took some finding.
I went to one showroom he said "If you don't buy it now it will be gone when you come back". Him and his mate laughed when I said "There's plenty of vans, I can go anywhere and get one."
Soon found out it wasn't as easy as I thought.
Good van for sale in the Used Equipment.
http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=219913.0

NBwcs

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2021, 07:41:13 pm »
Bought my Transit 3 1/2 yrs ago for £4800, just thought id see what's it worth now and "webuyanycar" reckon its still worth £4 grand so i bet if i sold it privately i might get nearly £4500, that nuts, its hardly depreciated at all.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2021, 07:59:40 pm »
I would look at the interest rate a slight increase in the cash cost if you are paying cash wouldn’t be much of an issue obviously depending on how much they have increased,I would be looking at the APR rate first and foremost some blokes I see with bad credit rating have been fleeced on interest.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2021, 08:08:06 pm »
I would look at the interest rate a slight increase in the cash cost if you are paying cash wouldn’t be much of an issue obviously depending on how much they have increased,I would be looking at the APR rate first and foremost some blokes I see with bad credit rating have been fleeced on interest.
Whats this got to do with the price of cheese?

NWH

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2021, 08:44:28 pm »
I’m saying I’d suffer a slight cash difference on a purchase if they’ve gone up slightly that’s all,you have to be careful with buying a van or car if you buy anything on finance the overall purchase price differs massively with changes in APR.
Buy a 50-60k car on 0% you pay the ticket price if you have no idea on finance and how PCP or leasing works that vehicle could end up costing you 75-80k that’s all I was saying why do you think they still sell plenty with that example,because people just look at the monthly cost not the overall cost and just want to get in that particular vehicle as cheap as they can monthly.

G Griffin

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2021, 10:33:27 pm »
They've not gone up slightly.
There are fewer vans around and people are getting lump sum grants and interest free (for a year anyway) loans from the government.
They've gone up a lot.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

P @ F

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2021, 10:49:20 am »
I just checked my usual supplier of my vans , to get the identical van now at the same age and mileage as when I got mine is £1500 more
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2021, 01:00:16 am »
Just looked at one of my old posts, in 2015 I sold a 5 year old Transit 280 limited with 35 000 miles on it, complete with Purefreedom 2 man 9kw diesel system for £10 500 🙈

Spruce

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2021, 07:25:55 am »
Bought my Transit 3 1/2 yrs ago for £4800, just thought id see what's it worth now and "webuyanycar" reckon its still worth £4 grand so i bet if i sold it privately i might get nearly £4500, that nuts, its hardly depreciated at all.

"We buy any car"appear to be over stating the value of cars on their website to get sellers in. Once they have you on site for the final appraisal the value of your car suddenly becomes much less.

Son in law took their Nissan Juke in a month ago. It's has 44k on the clock and in immaculate condition. It lost £600 as it was a diesel and no one wants diesels atm.
I'm sure if it was petrol it would have been just the same: if it was diesel it would have been with more.

Spruce

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2021, 07:36:33 am »
I just checked my usual supplier of my vans , to get the identical van now at the same age and mileage as when I got mine is £1500 more

Most used dealer stock comes from auction. If there is plenty of vans on the auction floor, prices will be lower. If there is limited stock then prices are higher.
Auction prices tend to go down when the major commercial fleet users dispose of lease end contact vans. ( British gas, RAC, AA, etc.)
If a seller had old stock at a higher price he will do his best to sell at the higher price even if auction prices drop.
It's all a cycle of supply and demand as it is with so many other things.
I doubt any supermarket is doing bulk price reductions on toilet rolls atm.

deeege

« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2021, 07:44:48 am »

"We buy any car"appear to be over stating the value of cars on their website to get sellers in. Once they have you on site for the final appraisal the value of your car suddenly becomes much less.

That has always been their way of doing business.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

deeege

« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2021, 07:49:58 am »
I doubt any supermarket is doing bulk price reductions on toilet rolls atm.

Tesco were last week. There is actually a massive stock of toilet rolls built up in the UK right now, far more than usual. A friend of mine is operations manager at a paper mill that makes toilet roll and he says that the run on toilet roll they had last spring has lead to massive oversupplies since, they literally have multiple warehouses full of the stuff, far more than in normal circumstances.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2021, 10:16:59 am »
What do you guys think of these van prices out of interest?

https://www.belgravecommercials.co.uk/
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !