This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Heated systems
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2021, 10:28:50 pm »
On a side note , I was very tempted to treat myself to a Caddy on Friday , lovely condition but up at 200K , my mate who reset my ECU got it for £150 !
He said I could take it away for £3000 , drives like new apparently , which I can believe as VW build  quality is great against the others , why didn’t I buy it ?
Fully rebuilt gearbox too , but the fact the box was a DSG put me off no end .
A fellow window cleaner of mine had a cracker caddy with a DSG that went bang , he was quoted 5.5K for a rebuild   :o :o :o
He scrapped it !

I've just ordered a brand new  golf GTD DSG in moonstone grey.....its getting delivered in 6-8 weeks....

I've never had an automatic before....the new golf GTDs are only available with DSG....no manual option.....
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2021, 10:30:34 pm »
On a side note , I was very tempted to treat myself to a Caddy on Friday , lovely condition but up at 200K , my mate who reset my ECU got it for £150 !
He said I could take it away for £3000 , drives like new apparently , which I can believe as VW build  quality is great against the others , why didn’t I buy it ?
A fellow window cleaner of mine had a cracker caddy with a DSG that went bang , he was quoted 5.5K for a rebuild   :o :o :o
He scrapped it !
Any van that’s done 100000 miles if it’s not recently had a clutch it’ll need 1 I replaced mine as it was starting to knock it didn’t go on me,same as the turbo the seals were leaking slightly so I replaced the turbo.
If I was even considering buying a high mileage van I’d much rather things like the above had gone and were replaced,the weight we carry you’ve only got to go over potholes half a dozen times and you’ll need to replace anti roll bar links or have them tightened up again.

dazmond

« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2021, 10:32:45 pm »
L5 was it 🤣🤣 I rest my case I’m popping back out to the van again for more ice 🧊 lol,what most don’t realise is that those little gas heaters hate the cold even if you drain them down the internal pipes are so thin and brittle they crack in the cold including the gas pipe.

Ive broke 2 in the past!

NWH

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2021, 10:39:28 pm »
On those toy like gas heaters you can’t see behind the gas inlet to see if it’s cracked you might just be lucky enough to smell a bit of gas before the van does an impression of a coke can full of mentos,on a sticky wicket using one of them.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2021, 11:45:24 pm »
He scrapped it !

I've just ordered a brand new  golf GTD DSG in moonstone grey.....its getting delivered in 6-8 weeks....

I've never had an automatic before....the new golf GTDs are only available with DSG....no manual option.....
Once you’ve had an automatic there’s no going back. I never thought I would ever have an automatic, then 7 years ago I was converted. We were looking for a new car for the wife and they only had an auto available for a test drive, Wow! I was sold, loved it, even more so with all those speed cushions all over town. Now both our cars and my van is automatic.

tlwcs

« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2021, 02:45:56 pm »
He scrapped it !

Once you’ve had an automatic there’s no going back. I never thought I would ever have an automatic, then 7 years ago I was converted. We were looking for a new car for the wife and they only had an auto available for a test drive, Wow! I was sold, loved it, even more so with all those speed cushions all over town. Now both our cars and my van is automatic.

My Caddy is auto DSG and it’s brilliant
Scary in the snow though

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2021, 02:52:48 pm »
I just can’t bring myself to have one , I just like a manual !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2021, 03:28:06 pm »
Next  van I get will be auto.

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: January 12, 2021, 04:36:16 pm »
the new DSG diesel golf is apparently faster.....0-62 in 7 seconds (instead of 7.5 seconds in my manual golf)..its also got 200 bhp instead of 184 and higher torque....i doubt ill notice a difference though....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #49 on: January 12, 2021, 06:32:21 pm »
the new DSG diesel golf is apparently faster.....0-62 in 7 seconds (instead of 7.5 seconds in my manual golf)..its also got 200 bhp instead of 184 and higher torque....i doubt ill notice a difference though....
I feel a game of Top Trumps coming on😁

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2021, 07:49:39 pm »
what happened to lee pryors "revolutionary" new water heater that he was banging on about a few years ago? ::)roll ;D

NWH

« Reply #51 on: January 12, 2021, 11:38:49 pm »
🤣🤣 it was all hot air i think the police are still still looking for Dan Smithson 🤣🤣

mjm

« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2021, 07:29:04 am »
[/quot

Cheaper insurance for auto.