This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

Heated systems
« on: January 06, 2021, 10:15:40 pm »
Hi all just found a manufacture  called C&l Crystal cleaning ltd that do lpg heaters with a frost stat  add on to your systems anybody used them thanks andy

NWH

Re: Heated systems
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2021, 12:08:36 am »
I would say it’s just an L5 style LPG heater or bomb waiting to go off fitted with a thermostat.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2021, 08:23:40 am »
Hi all just found a manufacture  called C&l Crystal cleaning ltd that do lpg heaters with a frost stat  add on to your systems anybody used them thanks andy

Dont do it...they are not safe....either fit an immersion if funds are tight or invest in a 9kw diesel heater with frost stat.....
price higher/work harder!

Slash

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2021, 08:25:46 am »
I got one a few months back,Craig is his name.
Its an lpg heater and a few holes drilled in the van,one for filling the lpg bottle at a garage and one in the roof for the fumes to escape,he also puts a frost stat in so when it goes below a certain temperature it turns itself on and circulates the water back into the tank.
I see loads of guys using these but is important it has the vent in the roof.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2021, 08:33:20 am »
Its an lpg heater and a few holes drilled in the van,one for filling the lpg bottle at a garage and one in the roof for the fumes to escape,he also puts a frost stat in so when it goes below a certain temperature it turns itself on and circulates the water back into the tank.

Lpg is heavier than air so you need some holes drilled in your van floor too in case you have a gas leak.....

Jonny 87

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 11:08:21 am »

So for the frost stat to be on you’ve got to have the gas connected over night?  :o

That’s a big no for me. I used to religiously turn my gas off at the end of the day, if not between each job and I still nearly set fire to my van. 🔥
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2021, 11:47:39 am »
I think for us an immersion is the best option.

1 its cheap and 2 you can use it as an when required.

You might need it a handfull of times a year, diesel is just way over the top for what we need.

As for gas, no chance would i have a ticking time bomb in my van.

Slash

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2021, 12:02:27 pm »
Each to their own,if installed properly and professionally there is no issue.
I could have done it myself  but gave me piece of mind to get a qualified professional to do it. ;D

Ched

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2021, 12:05:34 pm »
First thing to ask the company who are offering the system is what is their Gas Safe registration number. Even though its lpg to offer a paid installation I believe they must be registered!

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2021, 12:36:13 pm »
Each to their own,if installed properly and professionally there is no issue.
I could have done it myself  but gave me piece of mind to get a qualified professional to do it. ;D

Are you sure some guy with a drill and hole cutter is a professional  ;D

Daz - why do you always try to make out anyone who does not want a 9kw heater system is hard up for money ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2021, 02:29:52 pm »
My diesel system broke today , failed to start up twice  :o
So instead of asking myself and others for 2 weeks why ........

I just scrolled through the error menu , which I might add you only get on the cheap Chinese ones.  ;D

It told me the diesel pump had failed , I fitted one in 5 minutes for the cost of £15 and she fired right up .

So in 2 years now this nasty little heater has cost me £25.50
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

tlwcs

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2021, 03:08:36 pm »
My diesel system broke today , failed to start up twice  :o
So instead of asking myself and others for 2 weeks why ........

I just scrolled through the error menu , which I might add you only get on the cheap Chinese ones.  ;D

It told me the diesel pump had failed , I fitted one in 5 minutes for the cost of £15 and she fired right up .

So in 2 years now this nasty little heater has cost me £25.50
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Best keep the day job 😁

NWH

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2021, 03:22:47 pm »
Makes no difference if it has a vent they are nothing better than a toy,if they were usable day to day we’d all have them they are not capable of chucking out 650-1000ltrs of water day in day out they aren’t made for it,it’s designed to give you a quick shower or rinse the dog off after a walk when he’s got muddy use it at your peril.

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2021, 04:43:15 pm »
I had an L5 for over 7 years without issue , back then I would get through 500 a day , so they can do it .
But having said that , as NWH says they are nothing more than a camping shower , at the end of the day it’s up to you

Smudger

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2021, 05:28:43 pm »
Went those webasto thingies just a glorified boat heater 🤔🤨🤣
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2021, 06:14:54 pm »
Yeah that they maybe but they are robust and reliable enough to work hard and be on all day long,I have lights in my house when you drive about you’ll also see them in cars coming towards you at night  👀.
Why are they now being used in this industry and can be included on your insurance there’s the clue,if you are unsure about using an L5 style
Heater ask a good plumber a 5 minute chat will be enough for you to Chuck it in a skip.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2021, 07:49:38 pm »
Yeah that they maybe but they are robust and reliable enough to work hard and be on all day long,I have lights in my house when you drive about you’ll also see them in cars coming towards you at night  👀.
Why are they now being used in this industry and can be included on your insurance there’s the clue,if you are unsure about using an L5 style
Heater ask a good plumber a 5 minute chat will be enough for you to Chuck it in a skip.

i have to agree with nigel here...every gas engineer ive ever met told me lpg gas shower heaters are not safe to have in a van hooked up to a gas cylinder near a source of ignition(battery)......

i thought they were ok until i had a gas leak and an explosion......

NWH

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2021, 07:55:01 pm »
When I first used 1 I loved it I couldn’t believe it I did a plastic wash down and it cut the time in half it would have taken with cold water,used it for about 2 weeks and then asked a plumber where he thought was the best place to mount it 🤣the rest they say Rodney was history he did everything but hit me lol.

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2021, 08:06:45 pm »
Did he mount you though  ;D

NWH

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2021, 09:43:08 pm »
He gave me a bollocking.