Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Cat pee
« on: December 28, 2020, 06:55:18 pm »
Just priced a job today that has several cat p stains ,the customer said he isn't bothered if the stains don't lift but more centered about the cat smell. No smell of p just general cat smell, stains haven't penetrated the backing ,is it best cleaned with N enzyme or formula 90? I was going to clean the stained areas with enzymes first then extract and clean whole carpet with f90  and treat with odour neutraliser to finish.
Cheers Rich

Cleanevangelist

Re: Cat pee
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2020, 11:12:56 pm »
Hi

you need to educate the customer that odour has penetrated all porous surfaces so no guarantee that cat odour will be remove just by cleaning carpets. I f she still wants to go ahead write the advice up and get her to sign that should let her know that you're not just making excuses. sounds like the odour is the reason for cleaning so if it cant be remove why have carpets cleaned? sometimes customer want to believe that it will and will not listen to any advice because they cant face the fact that they will need to put more effort into the problem.

good luck

Respects

Ian Harper

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2020, 11:17:40 pm »
I told him that Ian he said he has a vax carpet washer  so once a deep clean has been done he can keep on top of it himself, the stain hasn’t penetrated through to the backing or underlay and where it’s stained is at the edge of the carpet anyway so accessible to spray the neutraliser
Cheers Rich

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2020, 11:31:46 pm »
give him bottle of febreze its really cool product and the science is fantastic. one story i read was when they where testing it they found a lady with skunk  problems in her home, the animal not the plant problem but still would work with at version as well.  another great story is that they used in the space shuttle when it came back to earth. just think those farts had not where to go -)

we give away a free bottle to every customer.

RPCCS

« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2020, 10:41:01 am »
Farts in the space shuttle 🤣🤣🤣love it. Thanks for the tip Ian.    Rich
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2021, 05:35:28 pm »
Job done today , soaked affected area with odour neutraliser including backing and underlay,worked it in with frill brush ,left for 15 min swell then rinse extracted, Sprayed the stain with enzyme but  carpet too  bleached.,did reduce the marks though. Cleaned rest of carpet with f90 and misted the whole area. once more  with o n,and left to dry. Smelt better s I was leaving but will know if it's been successful once Customer was happy with result
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 11:37:51 am »
Ian that customer messaged to say the pee stains didn't come out when dry (I told him that) and the smell returned although not as strong . I offered to go back with a stronger deodoriser but he has ended up cutting out the pee stained carpet and underlay before contacting me.
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2021, 12:04:31 pm »
Ian that customer messaged to say the pee stains didn't come out when dry (I told him that) and the smell returned although not as strong . I offered to go back with a stronger deodoriser but he has ended up cutting out the pee stained carpet and underlay before contacting me.

Next time. Leave a bottle of deoderizer.  For them. That's what I do

RPCCS

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2021, 01:32:21 pm »
I am going back to have a second go at the odour what is the best for long term, kill odour or craftex urine r neutraliser.
Cheers Rich

mjm

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 01:33:31 pm »
I am going back to have a second go at the odour what is the best for long term, kill odour or craftex urine r neutraliser.
I spray on oder x  then rinse out and then spray.    Prochem. Deoderizer   
Leave a bottle very weak mix

Never had any call back.

RPCCS

Re: Cat pee New
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2021, 06:31:22 pm »
Going go get a bad odour block to leave behind.
Cheers Rich