Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Oxy spotter
« on: January 16, 2021, 09:49:31 pm »
Is this  sprayed on neat and does it need rinsing out?
Cheers Rich

john martin

Re: Oxy spotter
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2021, 03:53:16 pm »
So its a peroxide product but also contains cleaning agents  ...   as the source is the bonnetpro guy , id say its a more concentrated version of one of his  encap with peroxide products  .   Personally, i prefer to go at a stain with the solvents/detergents first ...and then use a dedicated peroxide product after as needs be .   
Most of the time you'd rinse the peroxide out after you get the desired result  ,( unless its a mild encap/peroxide product )   the exceptions for me would be mattresses ... id leave it on the spot as i dry it , whatever is left should be inert.  And sometimes in rented places if a stain isnt going while im there il leave the peroxide on it in the belief that it could only get better if it fades .  its hard to predict what it will look like the next day though.

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 06:35:34 pm »
I have already done that John, cleaned it with enzyme and stain exit. Got it faded but not removed,it's blackcurrant or cranberry juice BTW.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 07:10:41 pm »
you've already tried an oxidizer,  perhaps try a reducer product like craftex shift on restormate  ,   mix the powder in hot water and mist on or dab on  , and many would apply heat then to speed process, ie steamer, hair dryer or iron through towel.
But i dont know what the carpet  type it is or colour , so be careful or you could end up with a big yellow patch with any of these products.

john martin

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2021, 09:27:46 pm »
Theres no rules , you got to try different things .  And know when to give up also . 
I would try the reducer on a little spot  first , it might fade enough to blend in  .    Perhaps a more conc oxidizer would also bleach the  juice  , but the carpet dye would bleach out  as well id say .  If its grey carpet you could mist a little grey dye onto the spot after to blend . 

RPCCS

Re: Oxy spotter New
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2021, 09:33:36 pm »
I just watched a video on Restormate, fruit juice needs a reducer, whereas red wine needs an oxidiser. Pat from Chemspec used   Red X it on juice, and stain exit on red wine. Just like you said John. I will get some of that .

https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/CHREDXITS.  Scroll down to the video
Cheers Rich