This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Evan

Waterworks PowerUP3D button
« on: October 06, 2020, 03:52:31 pm »
Hi, any of you guys had trouble with the button on the power up 3D? I’ve got two and both buttons have stopped working pretty much at the same time only 5 months old..it did come with two spare buttons which I have changed and now working but don’t want to be changing them every few months! Just wondered if it has happened to anybody else??

Simon Trapani

Re: Waterworks PowerUP3D button
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2020, 05:06:41 pm »
I don’t have one (would like one though!) but surely the clue was that they they gave you spares along with your purchase? It must be a weak point. I’d get in touch with them & stock up on some spares.

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2020, 05:27:37 pm »
I have 6 3 D reeks and not had any issues with any of the controllers , apart from breaking one they are a bit flimsy

Evan

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 06:23:33 pm »
Yes the spares obviously made me think they must be a weak point but not after 5 months of use...I’m shocked nobody else has had issues with them! Let’s see how long the new ones last

zesty

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 06:46:27 pm »
Haven’t had any issues myself.

My main issue, as with all ‘professional’ electric hose reels, is the lack of tourque. They’re pants compared with my old diy one.

All in all a good reel, but if I get any button problems I won’t be happy, seen as they aren’t exactly cheap!

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 07:52:04 pm »
Hi, any of you guys had trouble with the button on the power up 3D? I’ve got two and both buttons have stopped working pretty much at the same time only 5 months old..it did come with two spare buttons which I have changed and now working but don’t want to be changing them every few months! Just wondered if it has happened to anybody else??

Had a reel since launch and on my third button. Waterworks are really good in replacing them FOC but i will be sourcing my own controller from now on as i want to replace all of our electric reels with 3D reels.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2020, 08:41:35 pm »
Well today i used the reel and the button started smoking away and it caused the switch to go into always "on" position.

Had to smash the controller to pieces to get it to stop! Second time ive done that. I'm 100% installing my own switch with a stop button to kill the power!

zesty

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2020, 08:52:30 pm »
That should not be happening on an expensive electric hose reel, Jordan needs to come up with a solution.

Ched

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2020, 09:27:26 pm »
Well today i used the reel and the button started smoking away and it caused the switch to go into always "on" position.
Had to smash the controller to pieces to get it to stop! Second time ive done that. I'm 100% installing my own switch with a stop button to kill the power!
Could you not just pull the fuse?
These 3D buttons are iffy and it seems that the company suggest swapping the battery connections over to reverse the motor. So you end up with the fuse in the -ve of the battery. So if you get a short to the chassis on the switch wire you have no fuse and no way to stop the reel!!!  Not good practice in my books.

Splash & dash

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2020, 10:47:07 pm »

Dont understand that it’s in a 30 amp fuse if wired up correctly it’ should blow that and never smoke or keep going

david mark

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2020, 08:54:03 am »
Why don't they use the start button from the mark 1 hose reel

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2020, 09:03:51 am »
Why don't they use the start button from the mark 1 hose reel

Because it works fine but looks naff😁
The new one seems to be the opposite 😬

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2020, 01:00:43 pm »
Could you not just pull the fuse?
These 3D buttons are iffy and it seems that the company suggest swapping the battery connections over to reverse the motor. So you end up with the fuse in the -ve of the battery. So if you get a short to the chassis on the switch wire you have no fuse and no way to stop the reel!!!  Not good practice in my books.

The fuse is in a little box and it would mean leaving hose reel going full pelt with my pole attached still. So not really an option.

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2020, 01:02:06 pm »

Dont understand that it’s in a 30 amp fuse if wired up correctly it’ should blow that and never smoke or keep going

I will check fuse but I don’t see why it would blow if it doesn’t pull more than 30amps?

They use two core wire which is getting very very hot and I feel that’s not rates properly.

Den68

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2020, 02:55:17 pm »
Had problems with my power button  worked when it wanted too and other time s not? Lucky I had previously  fitted a remote control  so didn’t interfere with my working day, Waterworks sent me a new Hd power button works so much better than the new version. Great customer service.

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2020, 03:21:14 pm »

To get cables to go hot and smoke it will be drawing more than 30 amps so should have blown the fuse something isn’t right there we have not had any issues with 6 of theses reels , I would speak to Jordan

I will check fuse but I don’t see why it would blow if it doesn’t pull more than 30amps?

They use two core wire which is getting very very hot and I feel that’s not rates properly.

Ched

« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2020, 03:37:55 pm »
If the cable is getting hot to touch then there is something wrong.
If its the cable that is supplied it should be fine as long as all the connections are good. All it takes is one poor connection to increase the resistance and create heat.
When you put it all back together make sure all connections are tight and corrosion free. Make sure you have a fuse in +ve battery wire! A fuse in - ve is no help as the whole body of the van is - ve! So a short to - ve won't blow a fuse in - ve batt wire!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2020, 04:15:37 pm »
Order a PF reelmaster........dont even think about buying a plastic reel for £400+....they are not fit for purpose.....the PF reels are far superior in every way.....very robust and over 2 years without issue.....
price higher/work harder!

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2020, 05:24:08 pm »
Order a PF reelmaster........dont even think about buying a plastic reel for £400+....they are not fit for purpose.....the PF reels are far superior in every way.....very robust and over 2 years without issue.....

You know that is not strictly correct Daz. You did have issues to start with😁
I have the Waterworks HD. Have had it for 2 years
and no issues. Heck of a lot cheaper and less bulky than PF Reelmaster.

T

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2020, 05:33:55 pm »

You know that is not strictly correct Daz. You did have issues to start with😁
I have the Waterworks HD. Have had it for 2 years
and no issues. Heck of a lot cheaper and less bulky than PF Reelmaster.

T

I think it was dropped before delivery but it's never missed a beat since .....over 2 years now.....yes they are heavy and solid but good reels and no plastic fittings....
price higher/work harder!