Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

M.J.M

Using your machine as a truckmout
« on: September 14, 2020, 10:45:44 pm »
I have an airflex pro with a external magma and a vac pod I always use the 3 vacs no matter what. Very good drying times.    Anyway. I have never used it as a van mount how are you filling  the tank with a bucket or X hose.  Hose pipe. To customer. Garden tap. And what  security like   doors open and that

neil 47

Re: Using your machine as a truckmout
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2020, 07:29:10 am »
I tried it , and found it to be a pain .

Long extensions
Extra hoses
Filling and emptying a pain
Carrying extra water.

If your fit and healthy just take it off the van , it’s faster ,quicker and easier ( for me anyway) .

IICRC

M.J.M

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2020, 08:27:00 am »
I thought that. Thanks Neil.

Adrian Marsh

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2020, 08:33:00 am »
Can also depend on circumstances. I use an Alltec Triple Vac. I loath dragging it over a gravel drive so will use it van mounted. Over sixteen years it's created a problem on only a couple of occasions.

elliott cleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2020, 06:27:19 pm »
Your heading is a misconception of the word truckmount.
A truckmount is not only the machine which heats the water and vacuum it out of the carpet but also normally has a 250 litre fresh water tank as well as a similar waste tank. So no having to fill and empty tanks every two minutes. Far more efficient in operation to a portable even if you leave that on the van.
If it’s to much effort taking a portable off your van go for a truckmount - it’s a no brainer. You’ll find the time saving will increase the amount of work you can fit into a day.

M.J.M

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2020, 08:04:44 am »
Ok thanks for the he replies

Robin Ray

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2020, 04:08:21 pm »
Your heading is a misconception of the word truckmount.
A truckmount is not only the machine which heats the water and vacuum it out of the carpet but also normally has a 250 litre fresh water tank as well as a similar waste tank. So no having to fill and empty tanks every two minutes. Far more efficient in operation to a portable even if you leave that on the van.
If it’s to much effort taking a portable off your van go for a truckmount - it’s a no brainer. You’ll find the time saving will increase the amount of work you can fit into a day.

I find it amazing that fresh water tanks are an optional extra on all Truckmounts. In the spirit of what a TM is meant to be they should really be included.

Robin Ray

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2020, 04:20:16 pm »
I have an airflex pro with a external magma and a vac pod I always use the 3 vacs no matter what. Very good drying times.    Anyway. I have never used it as a van mount how are you filling  the tank with a bucket or X hose.  Hose pipe. To customer. Garden tap. And what  security like   doors open and that

Airflex pro machines will draw from a water tank simply by putting the hoses from the solution tank into a tank. If you fit a water  tank in the van you will never have to fill again. You can set up auto empty with a simple one way valve in a hose on the waste tank, Cleansmart sell these. This means in most cases you never need to empty again. As for heat fill the tank with hot water in the morning and bring the magma to the door of the job. And for hose runs most of the time by van mounting you are only adding about 25 ft of hose to each job, most machines can cope with little bit of extra length, you can always take hose off as you get closer to the door.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2020, 06:32:26 pm »
Some people have direct water supply so don’t require heavy water to carry around also a sales tactic is to itemise the parts to break the price up.

Robin Ray

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2020, 06:34:53 pm »
Some people have direct water supply so don’t require heavy water to carry around also a sales tactic is to itemise the parts to break the price up.

Thats true.. but the vast majority of TM users have a fresh water tank. Its a bit like selling shoes with optional laces. ;D

M.J.M

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2020, 09:01:36 pm »
Thanks I have a tank in my van it's pure   water 200 tank. I have a window cleaning round   Now I  have a plan thanks to your answers.

Cheers

JandS

« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2020, 07:50:50 pm »
More than once I have had to park across the road to a property.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

M.J.M

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2020, 08:16:30 pm »
More than once I have had to park across the road to a property.

Do you use a ramp

David Ball

« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2020, 08:43:35 pm »
I've got a few 25 litre tanks, fill them with hot water, so can either drop in a hose to fill or if parking is a no go, pour into tank as not to heavy.

M.J.M

« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2020, 08:47:25 pm »
I've got a few 25 litre tanks, fill them with hot water, so can either drop in a hose to fill or if parking is a no go, pour into tank as not to heavy.
[/quote

Alright thanks

mjm

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2020, 08:07:49 pm »
thanks very much  i did the job and just put the feed pipe from machine in 3    25lre barrels its a bit strange no noise from machine inside the house  customer was on phone right through the job    iam going to target away from terreced  houses so i can work in this way  more