This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

KS Cleaning

Re: Drip tray to fit a 1000 ltr ibc tank
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2020, 06:29:21 pm »
Is the solenoid the t piece what water goes through
It’s a small electrical component that operates the valve, if it’s not working the valve won’t open which sounds like the problem you’re having.

jk999

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2020, 06:47:05 pm »
Ok cheers guys i will ring purefreedom tomorrow,i would have thought it was all checked in the unit 😞

jk999

« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2020, 09:00:08 am »
Bungle does your float switch go in top of your tank or at the side .the guy at purefreedom told me it has to go in at the side so tried all ways and the valve does not open

Ched

« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2020, 11:23:25 am »
Bungle does your float switch go in top of your tank or at the side .the guy at purefreedom told me it has to go in at the side so tried all ways and the valve does not open
The float switch just closes or opens an electrical connection to open the valve, depending on design they mount on top or side of tank. If you have the float switch in your hand and system powered up just move the float and see if the valve opens.
I guess you don't have a multi meter that you could test the components with?
Is the system a 12v one? If so have you checked the fuses and that both 0v and 12v are good connections?

jk999

« Reply #24 on: September 14, 2020, 12:25:53 pm »
Ok i thought that purefreedom told me it needs to be in sideways .the valve doesn't open either way

Ched

« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2020, 12:45:54 pm »
Ok i thought that purefreedom told me it needs to be in sideways .the valve doesn't open either way
Sorry I may not have been clear. You can buy float valves that fit in the top of the tank or the side.
Purefreedom should know what type they supply.
If its not opening the 'fill' valve then  there is something wrong.
Is the system 12v or 240v mains?

If its 12v then its safe to 'play' with. Normally a 12v fill valve  just needs 12v (0v and +12v) applying to the terminals of the valve to open it. The float switch normally just cuts the supply to the fill valve to shut off water when tank is full.
Hope that gives you a clue?

jk999

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2020, 01:18:02 pm »
its mains i have tried all ways but it doesn't open up to let water through. To be honest i have a funny feeling hes gonna tell me that it was all tested in unit and i have probably done something wrong hope not because its the only 240 volt i could find to do my 4040 ro all others were for the smaller ro s

Ched

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2020, 02:42:12 pm »
If it's mains and you are not familiar DONT  'play' with the connections. Main voltage can kill!!!!

Just because PureFreedom tested a system before it was dispatched doesn't mean that by the time you received it a connection didn't come lose!

Ask Purefreedon for a connection diagram. Then you have something that you (if you are confident in your skill and ability) or an electrician can look at and work out what is wrong. It should be PureF that sort it out but if you have a mate who is an electrician then it might be easier to buy him a few pints and get it sorted quickly so you have a working system.

If you ordered via internet or phone then distance selling rules apply. You might remind them that when goods arrive with a customer they should work irrespective of when the left their facilities.
Speak to your local Trading Standards office as they are normally helpful in informing you of your rights, as a business to business sale they can be different.
Try and speak to them politely but firmly and ask how they are going to resolve the issue? Mention what Trading Standards have said your rights are etc...

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Sorry I can't be of more help but I wouldn't want to suggest things without knowing the system or your skills.

Bungle

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2020, 07:02:01 pm »
Try moving the actual float up and down to see if that is stuck in the closed position. I don’t know what else to advise 🤷‍♂️
We look at them, they look through them.

jk999

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2020, 07:45:35 pm »
You can hear the valve clicking when you move float switch up n down but it wont open so think im gonna have to send it back 😭😭😭😭

Ched

« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2020, 08:07:33 pm »
You can hear the valve clicking when you move float switch up n down but it wont open so think im gonna have to send it back 😭😭😭😭
If it's clicking then it sounds like the connections are fine. Sounds like the solenoid valve is faulty. or it's stuck. Unplug the mains, disconnect the water and then disconnect the pipe connections to the solenoid. You should be able to see if there is a blockage. If you carefully connect the mains and activate the float switch you should be able to see the valve open. If it wont open then I guess its stuck.
I would have thought if you explain to PureF that when the float switch is activated the solenoid clicks then they would send you a new one. OK so you have to fit it (remember unplug the mains before you touch connections)  but at least you would be up and running a bit quicker than returning it.

jk999

« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2020, 08:39:19 pm »
ok cheers guys 🙂👍

jk999

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2020, 11:21:17 pm »
I always thought if the float valve kit is electric that once the water reached the float that the electric part of it shuts the valve to stop water flow then once the water level drops and the float switch drops again the electric  automatically opens it again

Ched

« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2020, 12:24:49 am »
I always thought if the float valve kit is electric that once the water reached the float that the electric part of it shuts the valve to stop water flow then once the water level drops and the float switch drops again the electric  automatically opens it again
That's the way it should work.

jk999

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2020, 07:52:50 am »
Ok because purefreedoms trying to say its the water pressure that opens the valve i just think they are just saying anything because they don't want to admit its the valve thats faulty. Urrh why not just say it faulty we will send out another valve jesus

jk999

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2020, 05:18:50 pm »
Unbelievable sent my auto shut of kit back cost me nearly a fiver .rang them up they said its on its way back to you they had put the wrong plug on 5 amp when it should have been 12 amp .fecking joke made out i was fitting it wrong when it was their fault

Ched

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2020, 07:19:57 pm »
Unbelievable sent my auto shut of kit back cost me nearly a fiver .rang them up they said its on its way back to you they had put the wrong plug on 5 amp when it should have been 12 amp .fecking joke made out i was fitting it wrong when it was their fault
Are they doing anything to make a amends ?
It's great to know it wasn't you at fault but soo frustrating and time wasting, let alone the money.
Hope you manage to sort your auto shutoff out. They shouldn't be that complex. They are just a solenoid valve and a float switch.

jk999

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2020, 10:09:35 pm »
Haven't said anything yet about the money gonna see when it gets back if they have anything else in the package as a good will gesture 🙂👍

tlwcs

« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2020, 07:24:20 am »
Just stop buying from them, I have.

jk999

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2020, 09:34:19 am »
It was the only place I could find that sold the auto shut off valve for 4040 ro