Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Retirement plans?
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2020, 05:53:01 pm »
I would say paying into a stocks and shares fund would be beneficial. I paid into a pension for 18 years to be told it’s worth around 6k a year. If I’d have put the exact same amount away into a stocks and shares fund , I would be looking at a hell of lot more than 6k a year

100 % correct. Was a bit hairy a few months back, but that was the best time to buy.

Almost back to normal now, but still the very best option.

It’s a fairly long term thing anyway.

pikeman

« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2020, 05:59:13 pm »
coming 64 still pretty fit and although  not a big  earner i do ok. hope to carry on working maybe cut my hours. house paid for and a small flat i rent out. always been a saver but still enjoy my self holidays fishing etc. like a drink also Probally too much. have money in the stock market and pay into a sipp. its worth paying into a pension because of the tax relief. if you put    £10000 into a pension the government will add £2500. you don't have to invest it you can keep as cash. higher rate tax payer even better. its a no brainer really.

NWH

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2020, 06:18:53 pm »
Like I said before I know a bloke who used to sell pensions but he gave it up,he said he wanted a similar career so he became a bookie 🤣🤣🤣.
Not many people out there will sell you anything that’s worth having unless it benefits them,1st priority have no mortgage then you’ll be able to do the things you’d like to.

matty72

« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2020, 06:21:15 pm »
Am i  the only one who has nothing in the pot, nearly 49, i have two thirds of mortgage paid but you always need somewhere to live, I hate all these pension  funds, robbing gits, not sure what im going to do, a clever finacial woman told me along time ago when you retire either have loads invested or nothing because anything in between is just robbed of ya, i chose the second option, not by choice though >:(

NWH

« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2020, 06:27:30 pm »
You are spot on m8 if you are in the middle it will get robbed back off of you I know this first hand,get some tattoos a couple of kids live on you’re own have a poope life with no money or holidays and nice cars but you’ll get looked after when you are old.
Still who’d want a life like that with nothing during the years you are able to enjoy life,what’s the most common thing you hear from people with nothing all you need is love from your family money means nothing lol,the truth is without money you can’t do a thing in this life apart from have a barbecue out of a spare tyre 🤣🤣🤣

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2020, 06:30:23 pm »
Lol yeah me too . Don’t think il be looking forward to the nurse coming round so she can put my socks on and wipe my arse for me  :'(

Don’t worry they won’t use your socks! Things have moved on.

matty72

« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2020, 06:36:00 pm »
Yea i know mate, If i get some money saved up i would like to invest it in something without paying companies to do it for you but maybe thats the wrong way to look at it, barbecue in a rubber tire, still cooks the bacon the same ;D

pikeman

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2020, 06:37:51 pm »
My pension forecast is £175.80 in 2 years time. Not really enough to live on but with the money i have invested and maybe work part time health permitting should be ok.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2020, 06:39:45 pm »
Spend it while you can 65-70 is a number given out by the government not everyone is guaranteed to get there,when you are that age everything points downwards 🤣,live each day or you’ll be wishing your life away for 65-70.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2020, 06:42:57 pm »
Yea i know mate, If i get some money saved up i would like to invest it in something without paying companies to do it for you but maybe thats the wrong way to look at it, barbecue in a rubber tire, still cooks the bacon the same ;D

i have a savings plan and stick to it......i have a direct debit going out of my current account every month into a savings account (£420 a month)for when im older.....
price higher/work harder!

pikeman

« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2020, 06:46:58 pm »
I agree but if you earn decent money which most window cleaners do i think. You can enjoy your hobbys holidays etc  and still put away spare cash away. I do and don't earn as much as a lot on here

matty72

« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2020, 06:51:49 pm »
Ive got an idea, 100 window cleaners put 150 each a month into a pot, 2 or 3 years time buy a business or create one maybe a window cleaning pole compant, a cooperative, whos going to run it

Dry Clean

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2020, 07:31:47 pm »
Lol yeah me too . Don’t think il be looking forward to the nurse coming round so she can put my socks on and wipe my arse for me  :'(
Are you sure ?

Shrek

« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2020, 07:35:25 pm »
It’d be terrible asking someone to wipe your arse , especially a fit nurse with massive melons and a few buttons open on her top

NWH

« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2020, 07:37:14 pm »
Lol have you seen nurses these days pal when the doctor says this is obese he calls for a nurse,if a nurse ever says to me stop looking at my breasts I just say no your ok love I just wanted to know the time 🤣🤣.
I wouldn’t get my Mrs to dress up like a nurse at bedtime she’d  have to go out and buy a fat suit not high heels and suspenders 🤣🤣.

NWH

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2020, 07:37:54 pm »
Most nurses these days can’t reach there arse 🤣🤣🤣🤣

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2020, 09:20:14 pm »

i have a savings plan and stick to it......i have a direct debit going out of my current account every month into a savings account (£420 a month)for when im older.....

At a whopping 0.1 percent interest.

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2020, 09:23:54 pm »

I Use Hargreaves lansdowne. It’s true they charge, but it’s a tiny rate. Much less than Mr Branson would charge for drawing out your own money from one of his pensions.

1 % I think.  >:(

Scrimble

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2020, 09:35:17 pm »
saving up a retirement fund  is a pretty dumb idea when money you put in the bank goes down in value every year

NWH

« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2020, 09:53:25 pm »
Scrimp and save for 150 odd quid a week baffles me with all honesty if I could work just a couple of days a week when the time comes it would dwarf any pension that would have crippled me to pay in to for years.
It makes franchising seem a good idea when you look into pensions you get an income you pay tax you get your pension every month you pay tax lol,not too long ago people were getting 12% on savings if you had enough money just saved you wouldn’t need another income.