Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Vehicles for staff
« on: August 02, 2020, 08:30:27 pm »
So for those that employ

Do you buy brand new vehicles for your business or do you buy older vehicles ?

Whats the trade off between buying nice new shiny vans with great graphics etc vs buying something older and not as flash.

Looking to buy a second van and not sure how much to spend ? 

I guess as long as its clean and tidy it doesnt matter too much, but then image is important too...I mean how would a potential employee feel about being given an old shed lol doesn't seem very professional.

zesty

Re: Vehicles for staff
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2020, 09:10:14 pm »
Thought you worked on ya jack jones, Adam?

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2020, 09:14:00 pm »
Thought you worked on ya jack jones, Adam?

I do at the moment. Can't make my mind up mate. Employ and want to be back on my own them get fed up and want to expand lol.

It's torture 😂

zesty

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2020, 09:53:09 pm »
Hated it when I employed.

I had two employees, (not at the same time) and ending up missing working on my own.

For now, I’m sticking with me, myself and I!

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2020, 09:57:42 pm »
A mixture - I have brand new from when the relay dropped to below 15k

But normally I buy vans that are about 5 years old - one owner full service and low mileage where poss - this way I feel you get more van for your money, depreciation is less overall  and they are still tidy and smart

As with anything employing, don't be to emotional over it should the worst happen, like a prang - that's what's insurance ce is for

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2020, 09:59:18 pm »
Hated it when I employed.

I had two employees, (not at the same time) and ending up missing working on my own.

For now, I’m sticking with me, myself and I!

Yeh, I didn't like it lol

But then I get bored on my own and I don't particularly enjoy that either, it's ok for a few days but I find it becomes a slog. Bit fed up with cleaning glass everyday tbh.

There's a few things I would do differently next time.

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2020, 11:24:15 pm »
Invest in property to let and get into that. 

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2020, 07:18:06 am »

Can't even get a mortgage mate so no chance of that.

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2020, 05:33:42 pm »

it only takes one bad tenant who doesnt pay the rent  and trashes your property when they finally get evicted to mess things up for you....i know lots of people this has happened too unfortunately....... >:(
price higher/work harder!

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:10 pm »
So for those that employ

Do you buy brand new vehicles for your business or do you buy older vehicles ?

Whats the trade off between buying nice new shiny vans with great graphics etc vs buying something older and not as flash.

Looking to buy a second van and not sure how much to spend ? 

I guess as long as its clean and tidy it doesnt matter too much, but then image is important too...I mean how would a potential employee feel about being given an old shed lol doesn't seem very professional.

i lease all mine on a 2 or 3 year lease
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2020, 08:01:57 pm »

it only takes one bad tenant who doesnt pay the rent  and trashes your property when they finally get evicted to mess things up for you....i know lots of people this has happened too unfortunately....... >:(

Not if you have proper managed tenants through an agency you don’t ,the property will be inspected every three months with a full written report with photos of ever room and outside areas any issues are very quickly discovered , checking potential tenants references along with a substantial deposit  , I have never had any issues at all I personally interview all applicants and I make the decision who will be allowed to rent the property , them the agency take over and deal with the rest , never had a single problem all my tenants are very nice people with good jobs .

windowswashed

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2020, 09:24:39 pm »

[/q

Mortgage paid off,  intend buying a second property to rent out

AuRavelling79

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2020, 07:22:34 am »
On property rental a top quality agent is key. I got mine through a recommendation from a customer back in 2011 and he got good tenants. We have had three different tenants and none have missed a payment and the longest gap we had when one left was ten days.

Obviously a good tenant can 'go bad' but s we have been very lucky even during Covid 19 so far.

It's a game of three halves!

NWH

« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2020, 03:44:44 pm »
From what I’ve been reading on here some get sent out on a 3 wheeled bike towing a water bowser behind it and told not to come back till they’ve cleaned 25-30 houses 😂,then it’s back in the kennel till the next morning.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2020, 05:58:36 pm »
From what I’ve been reading on here some get sent out on a 3 wheeled bike towing a water bowser behind it and told not to come back till they’ve cleaned 25-30 houses 😂,then it’s back in the kennel till the next morning.

Fooking nuts you are  ;D

NWH

« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2020, 06:01:19 pm »
🐕 🐶 🐕 lol 😂

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2020, 08:08:44 am »

This happened to me , had to refurb the whole house ,  came out the other end with a massive loss
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Rogue Trader

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2020, 07:52:51 pm »
It's worth noting that buying ,a commercial vehicle on hp u get 100% tax relief in the first year PLUS interest on ongoing finance. So buying a new van is not such a bad idea. That's why a lot of big companies change their vans every 3 years and buy new. No mots , less likely to break down and look great.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2020, 08:30:50 pm »
You are better off writing it off over a period of time rather than doing it all in the first year my accountant told me,I did that 1 year and then a couple of years later got a massive tax bill because of it.

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2020, 10:04:31 pm »
You are better off writing it off over a period of time rather than doing it all in the first year my accountant told me,I did that 1 year and then a couple of years later got a massive tax bill because of it.

Not sure, I know you can write the whole thing off in the first year. Will have to ask.

Been looking for a van this past week, can't find owt that's not overpriced or a bag of poope.