Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

What business bank?
« on: August 19, 2020, 11:44:58 am »
Suggestions for a bank for a business account.  Im with hsbc which is fine, but i need a new business account for something unrelated.  Tried to setup with HSBC but so far they keep fobbing me off and told me due to covid the wait time is upto 1-2 months for a new business account!

I need a new business account asap, like within a week if possible.  tried with Lloyds and they have suspended all new business accounts.  If you look on which.com you can find a list of the most reliable banks.  First direct is top place.  Tried to use them but i dont think they do business accounts.

Thought i would ask you lot on here what you think for business account etc.

Thanks

Ched

Re: What business bank?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 12:51:59 pm »
I have seen good comments on starling bank. Their website says setup in minutes!!! They have uk bank licence and can pay cheques in via an app with photo as long as less than £500.  Not sure about cash in but guess its post office?

NWH

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2020, 01:50:21 pm »
Natwest are very good also never really had a complaint about them only the fees for business banking which you’ll get with most banks,if you have a business account and need loans for vehicles etc you can get access to the money within a few days.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2020, 03:57:22 pm »
Santander

jo5hm4n

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2020, 04:07:26 pm »
Right i get that coronavirus and all that, but so far Lloyds, First Direct, Natwest & Santander all have said no applications allowed to open new accounts it's all on hold.  Barclays still accepts new accounts but been told the wait time to speak to an advisor is 2-4 hours.........

Really?  What about all the new business start ups who need accounts what nobody is offering new bank accounts at present?

Absolute joke.

Ralphie

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2020, 04:27:28 pm »
I presume its a ltd company you are setting up?

A Sole Trader can operate from his current account, banks do frown on it as you are getting a free service that would normally be charged through a business account but their is nothing to say you cant do it.

I ran a business sole trader for three years before Business Account.

jo5hm4n

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2020, 04:32:44 pm »

A Sole Trader can operate from his current account, banks do frown on it as you are getting a free service that would normally be charged through a business account but their is nothing to say you cant do it.

Yes i am setting up a limited company, hence why i can't just use a personal account.

Ched

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2020, 04:54:04 pm »

Yes i am setting up a limited company, hence why i can't just use a personal account.
Use Starling  bank. You get free banking and can sign up online immediately. If you don't like them you can always switch when the other banks get their act together but then again  if they can't even help a new customer open an account how well will they do when you need something more of them?

DM.

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2020, 09:17:48 pm »
Clydesdale are still taking new business account applications.

Ralphie

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2020, 09:55:04 pm »
Starling seems to be the only way at the moment.

MrChurchMouse

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2020, 06:34:57 pm »
I'm with the Co-Op Bank and they're pretty good with the fees for business accounts.  Previously I was with Lloyds and then got moved to TSB and Co-Op Bank is much cheaper than they were. 

david mark

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2020, 06:58:00 pm »
Santander