This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Re: how are you guys managing in the heat?
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2020, 10:57:12 am »
I dont know how any of you can work more than 5 or 6 hours (at the most)day to day cleaning windows...maybe it's because I'm 48 now....I lose interest once I get to my income target for that day.....

Depends what your target is and if your snowed under with work!
It has been difficult though , I found myself working slower to preserve energy

Stoots

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2020, 11:08:43 am »
I can’t do windows in it !
Didn’t work yesterday or today as I only managed 3 houses on Tuesday  :o
I believe I have found the side effect since the stroke in 2015 !

My workshop turned up yesterday so I’m painting that in the shade before putting it all together, I ended up changing the size as I realised at the last minute that I wouldn’t be able to get out the gate  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

Tig welder came too , I can feel a change of job coming on  ;)

It's horrible, I can't stand it. Feel like killing someone 😅

Doing this  next one then off to McDonald's and see how I feel after that. I bet I go home.

zesty

« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2020, 11:20:51 am »
You’ll go home Adam, you know it  ;D

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2020, 11:28:34 am »
Breakfast outside this morning, off up the river soon, then a beach walk with the dog later this afternoon.👍
Work smarter not harder!!😬😁
Comfortably Numb!

alank

« Reply #44 on: June 25, 2020, 11:56:05 am »
That's enough for me I'm off home. Enjoy  ;D ;D

Stoots

« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2020, 01:17:44 pm »
You’ll go home Adam, you know it  ;D

You were right of course  ;D

P @ F

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2020, 02:04:08 pm »
I’m still painting and wishing I had gone to work
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

SB Cleaning

« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2020, 03:11:51 pm »
We started at 8:15 and finished at 18:00  hottest  part of the day van was showing 30 degrees it was a bit tiring 😂😂😂

That's a hell of a long day........esp in this heat......do you have young employees?or are you just inefficient and take 8 hours to clean work that some of us could clean in 5?
Maybe he does a decent job and doesn't splash and dash, or he might want to earn a decent wage??

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: June 25, 2020, 04:04:38 pm »
i worked 9am-2pm(30 mins for lunch) so 4 and a half hours again......thats plenty of time in this heat to earn a good days wedge....

its by far the worst weather to work in IMO.....its like a form of slow torture,i found it very uncomfortable to work in it at times today......

also lots of my customers are still at home!cars everywhere!windows wide open,lots of customers in their gardens! ::)roll ;D

AND my pet hate!PLANTS IN FRONT OF WINDOWS!why the hell do some customers do it?not just one or two either!literally LOADS OF THEM!in some gardens there is very little room to walk about............utterly insane......

price higher/work harder!

Ooooooog

« Reply #49 on: June 25, 2020, 04:09:04 pm »
its in the beacons national park .
the mountain in view is the back mountain
not fat from where I live
I have paradise on my doorstep

I’m on the other end of the BBNP.
Is that up above Crai?

Its not far from crai.
I go there from the other side near Llandovery. its not far from trecastle.

Proper wilderness! We use to put parties on near there,  Think there’s a round for sale near Ystradgynlais, if you’re brave enough.....

dazmond

« Reply #50 on: June 25, 2020, 04:11:36 pm »
We started at 8:15 and finished at 18:00  hottest  part of the day van was showing 30 degrees it was a bit tiring 😂😂😂

That's a hell of a long day........esp in this heat......do you have young employees?or are you just inefficient and take 8 hours to clean work that some of us could clean in 5?
Maybe he does a decent job and doesn't splash and dash, or he might want to earn a decent wage??

the problem is when you work long days like that you inevitably end up knocking off early the next day(or the day after)cos your knackered  so your no better off than the guys condensing their work into shorter days and pacing themselves....

you forget ive been window cleaning a long time and ive done it all in my 27 years in this game! :)

Splash & dash

« Reply #51 on: June 25, 2020, 04:18:04 pm »

Lol no we just get on with the job and don’t  moan , we are flat out with work , Ime 58 , and the guy with me is 48  we have a load if commercial work that hasn’t been done during lock down that needs doing  8 big and I mean big hotels all have to be done before 4 th July , on top of our normal work , so we are starting earlier and finishing later , next week we will be starting at 7:30 and finishing at 18:30 all week with 6 guys hopefully we will get through most of it , busiest we have ever been in over 21 years , I took on a load more houses during lockdown due to commercial on hold now we are trying to di all the new work and the old stuff as well .

dazmond

« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 04:25:36 pm »

Lol no we just get on with the job and don’t  moan , we are flat out with work , Ime 58 , and the guy with me is 48  we have a load if commercial work that hasn’t been done during lock down that needs doing  8 big and I mean big hotels all have to be done before 4 th July , on top of our normal work , so we are starting earlier and finishing later , next week we will be starting at 7:30 and finishing at 18:30 all week with 6 guys hopefully we will get through most of it , busiest we have ever been in over 21 years , I took on a load more houses during lockdown due to commercial on hold now we are trying to di all the new work and the old stuff as well .

good luck with that then mate.......i simply couldnt stomach working more than 20-25 hours a week these days (actually physically cleaning windows)..thats enough for me at 48 years of age....

Splash & dash

« Reply #53 on: June 25, 2020, 04:26:17 pm »

the problem is when you work long days like that you inevitably end up knocking off early the next day(or the day after)cos your knackered  so your no better off than the guys condensing their work into shorter days and pacing themselves....

you forget ive been window cleaning a long time and ive done it all in my 27 years in this game! :)

I have been window cleaning 21 years , and no we don’t  take the next day off we work the same every day of the week the guys love all the bonus at the end if the month . I thought you were a tough guy all that gym workouts 😂😂😂😂 but obviously not 😂😂😂. Ime also in the Fireservice and out on shout 3-4 times most nights , done  that for 33 years  , just got to crack on and do what’s needed , once all this lock down is finished hopefully by the middle of next year I will be taking more time off work but at the moment I dont fancy going abroad on holiday so making the most of working flat out now . Then next year will be away more than Ime home 😂😂😂😂

Stoots

« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2020, 04:32:09 pm »
Latest I've ever work was 5. Once.

Felt like commuting suicide...

no idea how anyone has the stomach to work 8 hour days 5 or 6 days a week in this game, its boring as feck and hard work to boot. I mean yeh great money but whaf use is it when you can hardly move when you get home.

5 or 6 hours a day for 4 days a week feels like a slog to me.

dazmond

« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2020, 04:32:27 pm »

I have been window cleaning 21 years , and no we don’t  take the next day off we work the same every day of the week the guys love all the bonus at the end if the month . I thought you were a tough guy all that gym workouts 😂😂😂😂 but obviously not 😂😂😂. Ime also in the Fireservice and out on shout 3-4 times most nights , done  that for 33 years  , just got to crack on and do what’s needed , once all this lock down is finished hopefully by the middle of next year I will be taking more time off work but at the moment I dont fancy going abroad on holiday so making the most of working flat out now . Then next year will be away more than Ime home 😂😂😂😂

i couldnt do it...seriously........hats off to you at your age...... :)

Dave Willis

« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2020, 05:15:36 pm »
Daz, you’re slipping, you forgot to put up how much you earned today!

dazmond

« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2020, 06:05:28 pm »
lifting weights in the gym is nothing to do with being a "tough guy" for me....its pure vanity and so my missus still wants to f**k me.....the plus points as well is it keeps my bones strong as im growing older and keeps my muscles in good shape....im disappointed the gyms are not opening soon but i can still get a workout done at home with the weights i have here but its not quite the same!

G Griffin

« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2020, 06:06:50 pm »
Latest I've ever work was 5. Once.

Felt like commuting suicide...
Like throwing yourself under a tube train?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: June 25, 2020, 06:08:43 pm »
Daz, you’re slipping, you forgot to put up how much you earned today!

oh sorry dave....£210 today.....so by the end of tomorrow ill have earned around £1100 for roughly 22 hours work..im happy with that.....