This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: how are you guys managing in the heat?
« Reply #60 on: June 25, 2020, 06:23:05 pm »
I’d planned it well.

£210 office clean in the early morning, then 4 £25 houses. Was home before 11am.

If everyday was like that I’d be laughing.

Ha ha ha ha 🤣🤣 yeah thanks goodness for Air Con never have a van without it,due to having it you can carry on earning it gives you a refresh between jobs.

NWH

« Reply #61 on: June 25, 2020, 06:23:46 pm »
I’ll post a picture later to prove that I’ve got it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2020, 06:51:28 pm »
Latest I've ever work was 5. Once.

Felt like commuting suicide...

no idea how anyone has the stomach to work 8 hour days 5 or 6 days a week in this game, its boring as feck and hard work to boot. I mean yeh great money but whaf use is it when you can hardly move when you get home.

5 or 6 hours a day for 4 days a week feels like a slog to me.

i agree.....i have to manage my energy levels...i only have a certain amount of energy day to day and if im working long hours 5 or 6 days a week im fit for nothing in the evening time/weekends........

also i work much more efficiently working less hours....it sounds contradictory  but when I have a set "window" of say 5 or 6 hours to clean my work  i crack on and get it cleaned without getting too bored/fed up of it all.....

it works for me anyway......

another bonus is its a lot easier to keep to my schedule when im not trying to cram in loads of jobs into a work day...i like routine and predictability..i thrive on it.....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2020, 07:02:08 pm »
I dont know how any of you can work more than 5 or 6 hours (at the most)day to day cleaning windows...maybe it's because I'm 48 now....I lose interest once I get to my income target for that day.....

Depends what your target is and if your snowed under with work!
It has been difficult though , I found myself working slower to preserve energy

ive never been snowed under with work (since my trad days which was over 10 years ago now)......the best work strategy for me is short,productive days(no more than 5 or 6 hours actually window cleaning per day)otherwise i feel tired and fed up with cleaning which can encroach on my free time/personal life.....

the beauty of working for yourself is you can shape your hours to suit your lifestyle which is exactly what i do.....

zesty

« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2020, 07:25:28 pm »
I’d planned it well.

£210 office clean in the early morning, then 4 £25 houses. Was home before 11am.

If everyday was like that I’d be laughing.

Ha ha ha ha 🤣🤣 yeah thanks goodness for Air Con never have a van without it,due to having it you can carry on earning it gives you a refresh between jobs.

I have a ford transit custom limited, with air con and all the other gubbins.

Unfortunately I can’t work whilst sitting I the van.

NWH

« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2020, 07:27:44 pm »
No but you feel a little bit better when you get having cooled off though I expect,I know I do.

deeege

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2020, 06:52:27 am »
Took the day off yesterday and went and did a big 11 mile hike around Buttermere in the Lakes, was lovely and cool up on the fell tops, a nice cooling breeze. Followed by a nice swim in the lake.

Weather is a bit cooler today so back to it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2020, 11:11:16 am »
I’ve cherry picked stuff this week it’s too hot to be out working in it for too long,long as you ain’t starving the work will be there next week.

zesty

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2020, 09:43:18 pm »
I’ve cherry picked stuff this week it’s too hot to be out working in it for too long,long as you ain’t starving the work will be there next week.

But you just banged on about air con and carrying on?

You’re a strange one nige.

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2020, 12:48:18 pm »

all my scheduled work for the week has been completed as usual........when you  work 20-25 hours a week it doesnt matter how hot or wet the weather gets you can still get it cleaned 9 times out of 10......

zesty

« Reply #70 on: June 27, 2020, 01:00:00 pm »
I do the same Daz, around 4-5 hours a day   ;D

Mind you, I do clean some commercial stuff at the weekends. Not that I have to, I just prefer to do them when no ones there.

My hours as a window cleaner are ludicrous. My neighbours all think I’m lazy as I’m hardly at work. Always back for around 12-1pm.

I used to go to the gym at 2pm everyday (untill lockdown) and cant think of one occasion I’ve not made it down there by 2pm.

What a life is windys have 👍🏼

NWH

« Reply #71 on: June 27, 2020, 03:23:45 pm »
It’s still hot to work in Air Con or not but it does give you another lease of life throughout the day.

« Reply #72 on: June 27, 2020, 04:18:16 pm »

Mind you, I do clean some commercial stuff at the weekends. Not that I have to, I just prefer to do them when no ones there.

My hours as a window cleaner are ludicrous. My neighbours all think I’m lazy as I’m hardly at work. Always back for around 12-1pm.

I used to go to the gym at 2pm everyday (untill lockdown) and cant think of one occasion I’ve not made it down there by 2pm.

With you and Daz it’s not just the weather providing hot air  ;)

dazmond

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2020, 04:04:25 pm »

With you and Daz it’s not just the weather providing hot air  ;)

whats wrong with window cleaning part time?i never wanted to work a full time job anyway even when i was in my 20s and 30s.......its just it was necessary to make enough money to live on at one time.........not anymore thank god! :D :D

CasaDeCabra

« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2020, 06:28:25 pm »
That's the problem with you Northeners, sun comes out for 5 minutes and you're complaing it's too warm..

Stoots

« Reply #75 on: June 29, 2020, 08:04:38 pm »
lovely window cleaning weather today, overcast with drizzle

I`ll take that any day over the 30 degrees of last week.

NWH

« Reply #76 on: June 29, 2020, 08:33:35 pm »
Best months for earning and having plenty  of energy I find are September October till end of March

dazmond

« Reply #77 on: June 29, 2020, 10:01:55 pm »
lovely window cleaning weather today, overcast with drizzle

I`ll take that any day over the 30 degrees of last week.

me too!...its forecast to stay overcast all week here! ;D