Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shaun_Ashmore

Triple vac motors
« on: June 06, 2020, 10:54:27 pm »
A friend of mine was asking about van mounting his Alltec triple vac but suggested he would like to upgrade his vac motors, we did talk about booster boxes but he wasn’t keen so would anyone have any idea what the maximum could be or what would fit? I believe he has a 600 psi pump but says he doesn’t clean much past 200 psi so I guess to make more room he could replace the pump with a smaller one.

john martin

Re: Triple vac motors
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2020, 11:58:06 pm »
Nothing easy about modifing the triple vac  , it could be done  .... like converting it to quad vac  ... or tripe 6.6  ....  but major hassle involving new mountings and other modifications   .
As the machine is  ...  i think it uses three 1400w ameteks ?  but if any any of them are 1200w that could an easy upgrade  .
Three of these is not bad power  ...
https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/spare-parts/vacuum-motors/tangential-vacuum-motors/lamb-electric-240v-ac-3-stage-1400w-tangential-117123-29

If he wanted to try three of the higher power electro motors  ...
https://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/VM1500

The version usually stocked does not have a tube attached ( needed for an alltec )  so he would have to order a tube version ...or source a converter ....like this   ( make sure its a 5.7 )
https://www.pb-vac.co.uk/spares3.php?spareid=1973         

I dont think there would be much difference between the electro and ametek .

Apart from all that ... he could buy an inline booster like this airhog  (which has built in pumpout )    so triple vac in van and hog at the front door .
https://www.worldwidecleaningsupport.com/mytee-air-hog-7303

Really though if he can get close to where hes working the three 1500w vacs should be ok  ...   something like a good  inline steammate close to the wand might make more difference than a booster . And just adjust his work methods to make the best of what he has .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2020, 09:18:44 am »
Hi John,

I think he was looking for a swap of internal components, I’m Truckmounted so I know very little about portables nowadays but I am interested in his project, he has said that he doesn’t want to have a booster.

For 100ft plus  hose runs what would be the best option?
I’m guessing that 3 x 1400w motors are more powerful than 2 x 6.6? 
Are the electro motors as powerful as 6.6 motors?

Then theirs the draw?

Thanks

john martin

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2020, 01:09:05 pm »
Its not helped by the fact that i cant see a google image of the inside of a triple vac anywhere  ...

But i can see the twin vac advance and i know its tight in there generally  .   The triple vacs have three stacks  ... one directly connected to each vac , vac three has a check valve inline and its also powered by  cord two  ... where as vac one and two are one cord one .
So it can be used as a twin vac ( with immersion heater ) or a triple vac ( with heater off )
The way the vacs are mounted means its a major strip out job and start from scratch to do anything creative. 

All the higher powered vacs are in around the 7 amps max .    There is an 8.5 amp electro which would be a special order , it could be placed in vac 3 position .  Chris at alltec might have them , but really its not a day / night difference whichever of the better vacs he fits .  Adding another motor in some way would be more of a difference but that means booster .
It might be good to ask the question to chris  , see what he says ...    but there is no easy way to get more power on that machine by a simple vac swap .

Glynn

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2020, 01:38:52 pm »
Our 2 triple vac's only have two stacks.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2020, 02:57:46 pm »

Glynn

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2020, 03:04:16 pm »
They must have altered them then, ours are a couple years old, two stacks, three vacs.
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2020, 03:36:53 pm »
its hard to know why  they scrapped it  , i dont think it makes a big difference myself  , they just put a Y on one the internal hoses i suppose .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2020, 06:20:26 pm »
Is the 3 x vac motor machine more powerful then 2 x 6.6?

I’m guessing that 2 x 8.4 motors is even better?

john martin

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2020, 08:05:57 pm »
 three of the 5.7 lamb ametek ends up about the same as two 6.6   ( on paper anyway )
Three of the 1500w electros will end up a little more powerfull ( but would you notice it )

The 6.6 and the 8.4 have pretty much the same performance  ( about 700 airwatts )
I believe both the 6.6 and 8.4 share the same motor and the same size two  fan stages   , ( about 5 inches ) the only difference is the size of the  plate between and the space inside the head .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmgwbxUkJ4c

Nice if you could fit three 6.6  ... but lots of modifying.

Glynn

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2020, 08:07:21 pm »

Shaun,
Either setup would be similar to you leaving your titan waste tank lid open
Regards
Glynn

john martin

« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2020, 08:15:27 pm »

Shaun,
Either setup would be similar to you leaving your titan waste tank lid open

Ha , a powerful electric can be done  ...  it just cant be done easily with the machine Shaun is talking about , especially with out a booster .
To get that TM feel , you need to raise lift as well as CFM  ...  so four 6.6 ( two in parallel with two behind inseries ) is where the power is at  ( it would surprise you a bit )

Another development is Mytees USA machines use their own proprietary 6.6 single stage  , the latest escape uses three of these in series  ... that would not work well with standard vacs , but does with the LX
https://www.cobbcarpet.com/zen/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=86&products_id=5674

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jC_znbl8Vw

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2020, 04:35:34 pm »
Glynn I turn down portable  jobs now I pass them on to my mate

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2020, 04:44:54 pm »
Would the 6.6 motors fit?
Could  it still be ran off 2 leads?

Glynn

« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2020, 07:49:53 pm »
Why bother.
Regards
Glynn

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2020, 08:26:30 pm »
His choice I suppose but I was interested in his project and  what he has planned.

john martin

« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2020, 08:41:21 pm »
Would the 6.6 motors fit?
Could  it still be ran off 2 leads?

its hard to say without looking at it up close  , anythings possible.  If you remember chris had a twin 6.6 evolution at one stage ( i think he reverted to 5.7 then ? )  I think the 6.6 was mounted horizontally at the back on some sort of manifold.  Probably indicating there was enough space vertical .   
You might even get three in there somewhere  .    Or how about two 6.6 inside ... and the hose for vac three fixed to the body of the machine as a port ... u could then plug a airflex 6.6 booster in  .
But the simplest thing is to check the vacs it has  and make sure they are the high power versions  ,  try a couple of electros perhaps , or stick that 1800w version on vac three ( if chris stocks them )

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2020, 08:50:26 pm »
John did the 2 x6.6 evolution run off 1 lead?

Ideally no more than 2 leads for 3 x 6.6 and a pump because it’ll be mostly sat in a van

john martin

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2020, 08:56:12 pm »
alltec would have to make a twin 6.6 a two cord to stay the right side of regulations.
But you can do what you like  ...   two 6.6 on cord one  .... the third 6.6 and pump on cord two  ... and the heater on cord two ( but only what the vac and pump are off )

john martin

« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2020, 09:02:15 pm »
whats this  ... a three 6.6 alltec   ( perhaps they built one and never sold them ) ?