Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Expectations
« on: May 23, 2020, 12:53:53 pm »
I had a call the other day for a one off job.   First thing she said was that they worked for NHS.  Then asked if I was doing free cleans?

I explained all my prices are the same for everyone, to which she replied that she will keep looking. 

Expectations?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

dazmond

Re: Expectations
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 01:04:29 pm »
I had a call the other day for a one off job.   First thing she said was that they worked for NHS.  Then asked if I was doing free cleans?

I explained all my prices are the same for everyone, to which she replied that she will keep looking. 

Expectations?

i have cleaned a few of my long standing (20+ years!)elderly customers windows for free over the last few months but no way would i clean a new customers one off clean!

shes trying it on.......the truth is a real,genuine NHS worker wouldnt even ask for a free clean IMO........
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 01:08:05 pm »
I agree Daz.

I have a regular who is NHS on my round and has always been a great customer.  I did her last one for free as she is so humble (she did not ask).   
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://r.sumup.io/fXMfH

Bungle

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2020, 01:09:13 pm »

Expectations?

You should have applauded her down the phone. That would have cheered her up no end 👍
We look at them, they look through them.

jay moley

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2020, 02:33:44 pm »
I doubt she worked for the NHS.

Just trying it on.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2020, 04:03:13 pm »
Asked whether you are doing free cleans 🤣 a big fat Nurse jumped the queue on us the other day coz she had a badge round her neck,outrageous if you ask me.
If she was working for the NHS and she was genuine she wouldn’t be asking for free cleans she should look at it like she’s doing her duty-job,if she’s asking for free shopping and window cleaning she’s doing the job for the wrong reasons and she won’t get a clap 👏🏾 from me.

simon w

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2020, 08:12:53 pm »

Expectations?

I would have told her to jog on NHS aren't working for free and it's their chosen profession nobody forces them to work in their line of work it was their choice.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2020, 09:18:26 pm »
Cheeky cow, is she working for free?

Jonny Swirljet

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2020, 05:49:26 am »
As the Thursday night clapping gets fainter and fainter each week, the realisation of the damage the lock-down has done has caused the proverbial penny to drop. At the end of the day the politicians and the NHS workers will still have a job, will you?

You cant eat pizza, guzzle cheap lager and watch Netflix and wait for you government handouts each week for all eternity.

Treat every customer with respect, if you lose a customer, hold you anger, they'll probably return to you in the end, don't burn your bridges. 

jk999

« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2020, 04:32:49 pm »
Never ever would i give a free clean ,a friend of mine once said to me that someone she knew wanted her windows cleaning but would i do them for free because she had cancer i asked who is she when they told me her name i said no thanks i knew the lady and she was one of those stuck up cows who turned her nose up at me and used to say your only a window cleaner nothing special

NWH

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2020, 05:45:19 pm »
I’d like a call from one lol.

zesty

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2020, 07:44:50 pm »
How embarrassing! How can people be so cheeky.