Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

simon w

Re: Boris Johnson speech
« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2020, 09:19:18 pm »
It'll be other trades and self employed workers that prompt any stricter bans on working such as small to medium independent building sites etc where joe public get the hump because they can see small groups working on sites.

Boris REALLY doesn't want to say the words EVERYONE STOP WORKING for obvious reasons if the other measures he spoke about are adhered to then going to and from work at least for now will mean exactly that.

Be discrete and careful don't knock doors work and just invoice. Forget and social stuff with custards just get each job done and move onto next. Be mindful about what your customers and the public might ask you and have a think of what you'll say to answer their questions have a plan and stick to it, better still do a basic risk assessment and plan how you can get a days work done with as little damage as possible.

Not things we normally need to consider but now it's time to change and adapt how we work. If you can't or won't do the above then don't go to work stay at home. 

G Griffin

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2020, 09:21:45 pm »
There are no laws in place to stop us working. Yet.
There probably won't be by Thursday, but the way you lot are going on he might rush some through.
We might just be stopped and asked to go home by the police. Or our customers. Maybe neither.
They won't need to ask me though.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Missing Link

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2020, 09:23:55 pm »
Essential work only, there's a list and we aren't on it.

When did Boris use the word 'essential work only'?  I've listened to his speech three times and not heard that.

I've quoted what he said, pretty much word for word.

But I do agree there's confusion.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

wayne m

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2020, 09:24:29 pm »

Status Check

« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2020, 09:26:41 pm »
What do the new restrictions involve?
In brief: an Italian-style lockdown to force people to stay at home beyond a small range of very limited circumstances. Under the terms explained by Boris Johnson in his TV address, people will be allowed to leave home only for the following reasons:

shopping for necessities, as infrequently as possible;
one form of exercise a day, such as running or cycling, alone or with household members;
for medical or care needs, for example to help a vulnerable person;
travelling to and from work, but only if you cannot work from home.
Meet friends, shopping for anything beyond essentials, and gathering in crowds are now banned.

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: March 23, 2020, 09:40:29 pm »
Essential work only, there's a list and we aren't on it.

When did Boris use the word 'essential work only'?  I've listened to his speech three times and not heard that.

I've quoted what he said, pretty much word for word.

But I do agree there's confusion.

You're right he didn't, the whole things a joke, for factories with thousands of employees it will be business as usual tomorrow, but some small electrical retailer or similar who wouldn't see more than a couple of people in a day has to shut down or else.
Amazon bosses will be rubbing their hands with glee tonight.

CleanClear

« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2020, 09:45:36 pm »
They police won't have the power to fine anyone until Thursday so between now and then we could class ourselves as essential work

Boris did not use the word 'ESSENTIAL'.  He said 'absolutely necessary and could not be done from home'.

If you're a window cleaner you cannot work from home, so it's absolutely necessary for you to travel.

I ask myself, is window cleaning absolutley necessary ? I know its not because not everyone gets it done. If it was necessary everyone would need it doing.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

deeege

« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2020, 09:52:24 pm »
He’s been in a cobra meeting since 10am this morning. How could he have so long to make that statement and get it so wrong? It leaves more questions than answers of what are allowed to do about working.

Ridiculous.

What did he get wrong?  He explained it clearly.

What is it you want?

"Window cleaners will be allowed to work!" ;D

No, he’s left it open to interpretation what is a necessity and what isn’t.

Do I think it’s a necessity that I go to work to provide food for my family. Yes I do.

Do I think window cleaning is a essential service. No I don’t.

It’s all down to personal interpretation.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

p1w1

« Reply #28 on: March 23, 2020, 09:54:26 pm »
Thinking about it more,  i will not work tomorrow and see if things are made anymore clearer and perhaps there might be some update for self employed help. Its only one day after all, and if its clear i can still work i will and if its not then i wont. Overall for me i think thats the best option for now.
I think the Government overall are doing the best they can, but tonight's speech was a bit poor and unclear and not handled well.
Good luck to those that work tomorrow, will be interesting to see how you all get on.

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 23, 2020, 09:54:56 pm »
I’ve cancelled the job I had tomorrow morning now I think it’s time to be sensible and only go out for exercise and food shopping etc for the time being,in the weeks to come when in changes I’ll think again.

CleanClear

« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2020, 09:55:11 pm »

Do I think it’s a necessity that I go to work to provide food for my family. Yes I do.

This bit is not open to interpretation:

The only reasons you may leave home:
To go to work (if you're a key worker)

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2020, 09:56:35 pm »
I have a days work on 1 house tomorrow just up the road from where I live I'm going to do it and see how it pans out tomorrow with the rest of you guys and boris ;D

Don Kee

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2020, 09:57:03 pm »

Where is that information from?

CleanClear

« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2020, 09:59:17 pm »
NHS staff have made videos widely shared saying please stay home, they've made posters saying this. Why would people ignore them ? They're asking you to do it for ALL of our benefit. Sadly for them they're their fixing or trying to fix our bad choices.

CleanClear

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2020, 10:00:13 pm »

Wayne has took a screen grab of the info from Boris Johnsons Twitter feed, he's posted it about four times at least............. i'll go get a grab myself..............

wayne m

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2020, 10:01:01 pm »
Thinking about it more,  i will not work tomorrow and see if things are made anymore clearer and perhaps there might be some update for self employed help. Its only one day after all, and if its clear i can still work i will and if its not then i wont. Overall for me i think thats the best option for now.
I think the Government overall are doing the best they can, but tonight's speech was a bit poor and unclear and not handled well.
Good luck to those that work tomorrow, will be interesting to see how you all get on.
sound advice I’ll be doing this I think

Don Kee

« Reply #36 on: March 23, 2020, 10:02:36 pm »

Wayne has took a screen grab of the info from Boris Johnsons Twitter feed, he's posted it about four times at least............. i'll go get a grab myself..............

No need, I’ve seen that; I wasn’t sure if you’d pulled that from somewhere else.

TomCrowther

« Reply #37 on: March 23, 2020, 10:03:14 pm »
Boris will get the feedback that there is still confusion about who should and should not go to work. This will be clarified early tomorrow I’m sure.

Don Kee

« Reply #38 on: March 23, 2020, 10:03:51 pm »

Gov website (mobile version)

Dry Clean

« Reply #39 on: March 23, 2020, 10:07:58 pm »
Iv a few gutters to vac tomorrow but have taken all the precautions so should be alright.