This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Not cleaning insides
« on: March 01, 2020, 08:05:03 pm »
Does anyone not do insides?

I'm thinking of just doing outside work.

Btw I charge double for insides as it is.

dazmond

Re: Not cleaning insides
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2020, 09:15:52 pm »
I never clean insides anymore.....I've always hated cleaning them.....once I lost my last big inside job a few years ago I've vowed never to take anymore on.....the only exception is  inside kitchen windows on request (usually
an elderly customer)...free of charge
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2020, 10:16:17 pm »
Nope never.

Done them before, always regretted it.

It's just horrible.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2020, 10:52:06 pm »
Similar to daz. Ive done the odd kitchen window for the old dears and then I have 2 customers who are nice/good customers who periodically I will be asked to clean the insides for. Apart from this, I dont advertise I clean insides as my sub line in "external cleaning services"
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2020, 07:55:42 am »
I do loads of inside work , why wouldn't you? Nice and warm ;D

deeege

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2020, 01:18:06 pm »
I have a couple of large offices that are inside only, the outsides are cleaned by others contracted by the landlords.

It’s some of my best paying hourly work.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

lal

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2020, 02:08:19 pm »
I never clean insides anymore.....I've always hated cleaning them.....once I lost my last big inside job a few years ago I've vowed never to take anymore on.....the only exception is  inside kitchen windows on request (usually

Hi Dazmond, hope your keeping well mate, how come you lost your last big inside job a few years ago, just wondering ?

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2020, 04:14:02 pm »

Hi Dazmond, hope your keeping well mate, how come you lost your last big inside job a few years ago, just wondering ?

i cleaned them for around 5 years or so...another local cleaning company who also do jetwashing,roof cleaning and the like took over....the home owner said it was easier to just stick to one company who offer everything including window cleaning....i agreed with her......i wanted rid anyway as it was  PITA......she would often be late after pre arranging and id be sat around for 20 mins or so waiting for her to turn up to let me in(id already cleaned the outside windows)....

zesty

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2020, 05:39:41 pm »
I do them, but charge a fortune, that way, if I get them, it’s actually worth it.

Johnny B

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2020, 05:59:31 pm »
I do insides on request, and some of my regulars I do insides quite frequently.

I don't have any issues doing them. Comes in handy when the weather's not great.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Slash

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2020, 05:59:43 pm »
Yes,me too,alot of  newbie wfp window cleaners dont do them because thet dont know how,never picked up a squeegee in their life,
Ha,ha....,thats where the money is!! ;D ;D ;D ???

robbo333

« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2020, 06:07:26 pm »
I'll do the odd kitchen window or patio door, usually for free.
If any of my custys want all the insides done, i'll do it (but I don't promote it).
I'm doing one very soon for one of best custys.
She's very hot and last time left loads of underwear floating around, I can't really say no!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2020, 06:09:56 pm »
i certainly know how to use a squeegee after spending 17  years trad before WFP...i just dont like being in customers houses and having to pre arrange the job....

also its very rare the weather is really  bad when the inside jobs due...in fact its more likely to be bright sunshine and im sweating my knackers off..... ;D......it doesnt happen in the real world.......

windowswashed

« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2020, 07:13:48 pm »
Last time I cleaned insides and old bloke had a heart attack and was unconscious and not breathing.  I had to give him compressions 15/1 I was taught, now they say it's 30/1. Brought him back round and someone had phoned the ambulance.  He was the most thankful person, he was a really nice old boy, had to try, I was lucky as it had only just happened. Thank goodness for first aid training drummed into me every year.    I never cleaned insides anymore after that.

NWH

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2020, 05:46:53 pm »
Some of my most lucrative work is inside and out has been for years,if it’s regular they don’t all need a thorough clean every time you do them.
If the jobs 50 inside and out it’ll be 120-150 easy money.

david mark

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2020, 06:06:10 pm »
My god people pay that

NWH

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2020, 06:15:45 pm »
When you do inside and out you are a proper window cleaner in my view ok I don’t do some for weeks on end but that suits me fine,people know the price as a rule for me it’s twice the outside price unless the access indoors is easy but it always works out around that percentage.
When you clean insides it’s a different job fly spots etc they have to be bronze wooled before blading most of them unless it’s every 2 months this time of the year.

nathankaye

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2020, 08:00:45 pm »
When you do inside and out you are a proper window cleaner in my view ok I don’t do some for weeks on end but that suits me fine,people know the price as a rule for me it’s twice the outside price unless the access indoors is easy but it always works out around that percentage.
When you clean insides it’s a different job fly spots etc they have to be bronze wooled before blading most of them unless it’s every 2 months this time of the year.

What windows do u clean inside which are that bad.   Insides are relatively easy, its the moving of furniture or clutter to actually get to the windows. Or feeling uncomfortable working in their bedrooms etc or later being accused of all sorts etc which make it a faff to clean.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2020, 08:29:37 pm »
My work is rural Nathan they have dogs Horses so that means flys in the warmer months when the windows are always open slightly,the jobs I have that are in and out are usually bigger places they are well worth the effort.
I think you need to offer a complete window cleaning service as far as the glass goes,I wouldn’t do what they do in America with cleaning out the shuts etc but they will charge a 1000 dollars a job in some cases that are once a year and 2 of them spend a full day doing it,washing all round the frames inside etc I would never offer that but if you are not offering an in and out service you are only saying you’ll provide half a job imo not that I want to do insides all the time but I think you should at least be able to offer that service.

NWH

« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2020, 08:33:13 pm »
If you can’t squidge you ain’t a proper window cleaner in my book,and I mean be able to squidge quickly and effectively on all types of glass-windows not just just push a pole up and down.
I earn crap loads more than I ever did or would with a blade with a pole but let’s face it cleaning by hand you need dexterity and skill that has to be learned just like plastering.