Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2020, 12:19:36 pm »
So 55 dead (older ones with underlying health issues) and well over 1500 people infected, though they estimate its more than double that.

Thats good odds, though obviously feel for the familes who have had the untimely deaths due to the added virus.
People still don't get it. We haven't reached the peak yet not even to mention the incubation period of approx 7-10 days without showing symptoms. This has the very real potential for infection numbers to double daily as well as death rate from it. Financial ruin for many and a health service that's already at breaking point before its begun. But don't panic, Boris has got this, we're all in this together and will get through it, we're British.

Soupy

« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2020, 12:22:59 pm »
So 55 dead (older ones with underlying health issues) and well over 1500 people infected, though they estimate its more than double that.

Thats good odds, though obviously feel for the familes who have had the untimely deaths due to the added virus.
People still don't get it. We haven't reached the peak yet not even to mention the incubation period of approx 7-10 days without showing symptoms. This has the very real potential for infection numbers to double daily as well as death rate from it. Financial ruin for many and a health service that's already at breaking point before its begun. But don't panic, Boris has got this, we're all in this together and will get through it, we're British.

That's the spirit.

nathankaye

« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2020, 12:33:58 pm »
People do get it but its also important not to get carried away in all the negatives and worse case scenorios.
Oh yes i do get it, my wifes nanna is in a care centre which may now have it. My mother in law is self isolating as she has flu like symptoms, aches and tight chest etc.  So yes, i do get the full weight of it.
Yes the economy could come crashing down if severe action isnt taken. 
However the estimated figures of ones who have had it or have it is very high in relation to all the panic and control that is being done about it.   

Some are afraid to go out after yesterdays anouncements and some are scared for their lives.  However, if ones who have underlying health issues regulate themselves whilst being sensible about it and if others suck it up and stay in when they are unwell, then it shouldnt be as bad as what people trump it up to being.
Its spreaded so easily because, lets face it, the vast majority couldnt give two hoots and would carry on regardless.  Some have said on here as much.   Yet if they follow basic hygiene, cover their mouths when coughing and wash / sanitize their hands. Sneeze and dispose of their snotty tissues etc correctly then this wouldnt have escalated.

Perhaps now people will take health a little more seriously and wash their hands when they go to public loos rather than touching everything in stores and pass their germs around.
It takes a virus with potential life threatening conditions and the threat of a failing economy to bring people to their senses.
However, in the grand scheme of things, 55 have died sadly, yet hundreds have pulled through and will continue to do so, my mother in law included
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2020, 12:35:55 pm »

Most people do get it which is why they aren't blaming Boris for something that is beyond his control, its simple if you or a family member have underlying health issues that put you in a high risk category then you need to self isolate for the next three months maybe longer, the rest of us need to continue on as normal, get the virus, get over it in a few days and most importantly get immunity so we are no longer a treat to those people Iv mentioned.
Unfortunately as per usual to keep the peace our government will have to pander to idiots which will make this a hell of a lot worse than it needs to be.

Stoots

« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2020, 12:59:26 pm »
I've got a heart condition, my younger brother has a pacemaker and dad has had heart attacks. Oh my grandma is on her last legs with multiple strokes and high blood pressure.

Not sure if my condition puts me at higher risk but there's no point worrying about it, I won't be hiding away unless I'm told I have to.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2020, 01:54:43 pm »
Had to drop of a package at a post office I was near to this moring.

Shop must have just taken a delivery of toilet rolls.    The queue to the till was a dozen or so long full of elderly with arms full the the brim of toilet roll.   They cleared the shelves between them.

And the elderly say they are stuggling with all this panic buying going on..... Its them bl++)y doing it
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

deeege

« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2020, 01:58:22 pm »
I've got a heart condition, my younger brother has a pacemaker and dad has had heart attacks. Oh my grandma is on her last legs with multiple strokes and high blood pressure.

Not sure if my condition puts me at higher risk but there's no point worrying about it, I won't be hiding away unless I'm told I have to.

Let’s hope that others isolate also when they are told they have to. Not for their own health but for other members of the community who may be more at risk than them.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2020, 02:00:37 pm »
I'm not blaming Boris for the virus.
Destroying the businesses of thousands though by not ordering that they close but suggesting people don't use them is reckless.
NHS was already hugely understaffed before this happened. People were already waiting for ops, sick, injured and dying. They still will be but even worse than before. In 2 weeks from now the situation will be dire. Suggesting that the odds are great with only 3000 people infected and 55 having died is just stupid.

andyM

« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2020, 02:03:50 pm »
Had to drop of a package at a post office I was near to this moring.

Shop must have just taken a delivery of toilet rolls.    The queue to the till was a dozen or so long full of elderly with arms full the the brim of toilet roll.   They cleared the shelves between them.

And the elderly say they are stuggling with all this panic buying going on..... Its them bl++)y doing it

This isn't the first time that i've heard it's mostly the old wrinklies that are doing the stocking up and emptying the shelves. They're probably splurging on their credit cards also in case they croak it.
Crafty buggers   

One of the Plebs

NBwcs

« Reply #169 on: March 17, 2020, 02:40:59 pm »

Unfortunately I don't think you'll have long to wait until you are told to hide away. Breakfast telly had some health bigwig on this morning who said measures are to be taken further with the "at risk" group and letters are being sent out to them shortly. He declined to say exactly what was being done but it was intimated from others that 12 week isolation would be the outcome irrespective of whether you have symptoms. What happened after 12 weeks though.? Can't imagine that group can get on as normal until the vast majority of non risk people have had it or they roll out a vaccine which isn't going to be till next year. My wife's "at risk", 12 weeks off  would mean her business is finished.   You take care Gomo.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #170 on: March 17, 2020, 02:57:47 pm »
Don't forget there are different strands to this virus that will effect people differently.

There will be a large proportion of people who have had or will get the virus without even knowing.   Many will just get flu symptoms.  Then a minority will get it bad regardless of age or health.

Being elderly or having health problems does not mean you will get the full blown version.  Many old and poor health people have reported they have had the virus but was mild.

Stay positive.   Wishing you all and your families a good health.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

andyM

« Reply #171 on: March 17, 2020, 03:02:27 pm »
The problem is that in reality a lot of people couldn’t stand being isolated for 12 weeks or more. I also saw one of the news feeds today saying if Ireland shuts schools it would be for a minimum of 16 weeks. So that would be this school year finished and then maybe longer than that! The disruption to people’s lives would be unbearable.
One of the Plebs

deeege

« Reply #172 on: March 17, 2020, 03:07:38 pm »
The problem is that in reality a lot of people couldn’t stand being isolated for 12 weeks or more. I also saw one of the news feeds today saying if Ireland shuts schools it would be for a minimum of 16 weeks. So that would be this school year finished and then maybe longer than that! The disruption to people’s lives would be unbearable.

That’s the reason the lockdown is being delayed, because the government know that after 6-8 weeks of lockdown people start to get sick of it and start to venture out. They know we only have one chance at it so need to time it right.

It’s coming though, whether it’s today, tomorrow or even next week, it’s coming so get ready for it.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #173 on: March 17, 2020, 03:35:37 pm »
Bravado, ignorance and utter stupidity will cost lives.
Large elements of this thread truly disappoint me, really!! ::)roll
Comfortably Numb!

david mark

« Reply #174 on: March 17, 2020, 03:45:36 pm »
My son and duaghter work at Disney world and Universal studios in Florida both have had suspended there jobs till further notice they

david mark

« Reply #175 on: March 17, 2020, 03:46:35 pm »
Don't have much money to survive

andyM

« Reply #176 on: March 17, 2020, 03:52:03 pm »
Don't have much money to survive

Maybe you could buy them an airline ticket to get them back here?

One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #177 on: March 17, 2020, 04:30:37 pm »

it certainly puts you in the at risk category mate......i was reading the chinese statistics on deaths from coronavirus and a lot of the men that have died had cardiovascular disease..... :(
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #178 on: March 17, 2020, 04:43:39 pm »
Just put your prices up you’ll be ok lol.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #179 on: March 17, 2020, 04:52:06 pm »
Latest death prediction on the UK will be 20,000 as told by the BBC

Thats 0.03% of the population.