This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #140 on: March 15, 2020, 07:55:04 pm »
I guess that's another perk for having a hot water system.   Now I know the real reason for it. 

Hot water on demand with a squirt of fairy liquid to wash my hands regularly with  ;D
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

James Styles

« Reply #141 on: March 16, 2020, 11:59:01 pm »
I still don't understand why that would stop you canvassing.

Is this media driven panic about COVID19 affecting any other areas of your life?
You still think this covid19 won’t effect me going out canvassing & trying to get new customers?

Slacky

« Reply #142 on: March 17, 2020, 12:12:39 am »

Is this media driven panic about COVID19 affecting any other areas of your life?
You still think this covid19 won’t effect me going out canvassing & trying to get new customers?

Theres a number of guys in here who have mentioned new work they’ve  picked up just today. I picked up a new domestic enquiry from yesterday and had a commercial clean enquiry in London earlier today. Last week I had a pressure washing enquiry that I’m doing Friday. The works still out there so it would seem.

James Styles

« Reply #143 on: March 17, 2020, 12:24:34 am »

Theres a number of guys in here who have mentioned new work they’ve  picked up just today. I picked up a new domestic enquiry from yesterday and had a commercial clean enquiry in London earlier today. Last week I had a pressure washing enquiry that I’m doing Friday. The works still out there so it would seem.
I guess I should go out canvassing then. It’s all media driven panic like you said  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #144 on: March 17, 2020, 02:23:57 am »
I picked a new job up last week and I'm cleaning it later on today....he texted me to say he's looking forward to meeting me.....although I'll be keeping my distance and no handshakes like usual on meeting a new customer for the first time. :)
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #145 on: March 17, 2020, 07:38:01 am »
I wonder how many employed people will take the pea and make a false claim a family member has a fever and take 14 days paid leave.  Its open to abuse.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

KS Cleaning

« Reply #146 on: March 17, 2020, 07:52:09 am »
I wonder how many employed people will take the pea and make a false claim a family member has a fever and take 14 days paid leave.  Its open to abuse.
It won’t be paid leave, it will be SSP.

Shrek

« Reply #147 on: March 17, 2020, 07:59:23 am »
It won’t be paid leave, it will be SSP.

Depends who you work for , Royal Mails sick pay is full pay for 6 months

deeege

« Reply #148 on: March 17, 2020, 08:22:02 am »
Local nursing home to me has 8 of the 28 staff off isolating. This is nurses and carers. They are not allowed to use temporary staff in times of pandemic as they will pass the virus from one home to the next. Things are going to get very bad very quickly from here.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Klean07

« Reply #149 on: March 17, 2020, 08:31:01 am »
Got our first cancellation due to virus just now. Was a first clean last month so not getting too anxious just yet. Worrying times ahead though!
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

Missing Link

« Reply #150 on: March 17, 2020, 08:34:36 am »

Who cares?

So some postie gets an extra two-weeks holiday.   And?

It's not like MPs claiming hundreds-of-thousands on dodgy claims at the tax payers expense.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

« Reply #151 on: March 17, 2020, 08:59:11 am »
Business as usual. I overstayed the 1 1/2  hours in Aldi car park the other day by 15 mins because of all the panic buying. I'm sure I'll still be getting a fake pcn through the post from parking eye.

dazmond

« Reply #152 on: March 17, 2020, 09:24:57 am »

Who cares?

It's not like MPs claiming hundreds-of-thousands on dodgy claims at the tax payers expense.

Exactly......who the hell cares!we are self employed so most of us will crack on as usual......its only shirkers who hate their jobs thatll do it...... ;D

deeege

« Reply #153 on: March 17, 2020, 09:31:49 am »

Who cares?

Exactly......who the hell cares!we are self employed so most of us will crack on as usual......its only shirkers who hate their jobs thatll do it...... ;D

Incredibly ignorant that I’m afraid Daz, even by your standards.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #154 on: March 17, 2020, 09:40:18 am »
Why should you even bother your brain about whether other people will abuse the system?its not worth thinking about.....

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #155 on: March 17, 2020, 09:47:44 am »
I think it's the bigger picture with so many crutial businesses under pressure with staff being genuinely off.

It's not the time for selfishness accross the globe.

For example, supermarket shelves are empty.  Replenishing them to meet demand need staff, who are going to be short staffed to work around the clock to meet demands. 

Stoots

« Reply #156 on: March 17, 2020, 10:08:38 am »
Just had a cancel via text.

"hi, would like to cancel your services"

Me - anything wrong with the service or the price?

"it's the price really, we can get it done for £12"

Just checked her price on cleaner planner....

£13

Times must be getting hard lol

nathankaye

« Reply #157 on: March 17, 2020, 11:36:39 am »
So 55 dead (older ones with underlying health issues) and well over 1500 people infected, though they estimate its more than double that.

Thats good odds, though obviously feel for the familes who have had the untimely deaths due to the added virus.

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

simon w

« Reply #158 on: March 17, 2020, 11:57:17 am »

Who cares?

Spoken like a true sole trader lol

NBwcs

« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2020, 12:04:19 pm »
So 55 dead (older ones with underlying health issues) and well over 1500 people infected, though they estimate its more than double that.

Thats good odds, though obviously feel for the familes who have had the untimely deaths due to the added virus.

The odds that really count were set out yesterday during the PM;s brief. 15% of those with underlying problems which represent 20% of the population are likely to die on current findings ie that's less than 1 in 7. Nothing remotely good about those odds. Have a look at the list of what qualifies as an underlying problem, you might be unpleasantly surprised, then start looking at your own circle of friends and family let alone customers.  It's barely started and there's no exit strategy yet.