Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DT74

Upholstery Cleaning
« on: January 22, 2020, 09:33:37 am »
Hello,

I'm after some advice please. I'm new to the industry, done my training and been out with a couple people. I've a few upholstery jobs lined up. I've got a sapphire hand tool with a minflex machine.

Question is, I've seen three different techniques/steps for cleaning upholstery using the sapphire.  I know it depends on the fabric but generally what steps and technique do you think work best  for cleaning a fabric sofa that is not too  dirty? What pre spray works well and what do use in the machine? What heat/psi works best?

Thanks

Craigp

Re: Upholstery Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2020, 11:18:21 am »
You can watch me clean a dirty sofa arm here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0FYHhRpLy8

Upholstery is really down to elbow grease, pre-spray, agitate, rinse, then again and again if it's really dirty.

RPCCS

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2020, 04:29:42 pm »
All depends on the fabric really, some fabrics are not suited to wet cleaning, such as  viscose rayon,velvet,velour.  Get yourself an angle drill and drill brush, this will make the agitation part a lot easier and quicker, make sure the drill brush  is for upholstery though, not carpets. As for chemicals ,depends on the level ,of soiling, for heavy soil use Chemspec formula 90. Half a scoop to 5 litres of hot water.
Cheers Rich

Martin OBrien

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2020, 02:43:20 pm »
You can watch me clean a dirty sofa arm here > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0FYHhRpLy8

Upholstery is really down to elbow grease, pre-spray, agitate, rinse, then again and again if it's really dirty.

Hi Craig , i like your video..👍 may i ask what pre-spray you use on your uphholstery please... it gives a nice foam..

Thanks..
Martin...

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2020, 07:47:01 pm »
Craig do you prefer the porti for upholstery and if so why?