Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

boldy1304

gardiner jet capsules
« on: January 15, 2020, 06:48:47 pm »
ive always used gardiner poles and brushes but they have swapped there jets to them quick release things which tbh is ok you can swap and change ect..... but they break so easy and gardiner want £7.15 plus £3.55 postage for them now i know we all earn £1000 a day (apparently) but its the principle for a bit of crap plastic that breaks so easy .... whats the best other brushes out there please ......

Alex Gardiner

Re: gardiner jet capsules
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2020, 07:34:25 pm »
ive always used gardiner poles and brushes but they have swapped there jets to them quick release things which tbh is ok you can swap and change ect..... but they break so easy and gardiner want £7.15 plus £3.55 postage for them now i know we all earn £1000 a day (apparently) but its the principle for a bit of crap plastic that breaks so easy .... whats the best other brushes out there please ......

Hi Boldy

If they have prematurely failed then we would like to be able to assist  :)

If you want to fill out an initial warranty form then we can get the ball rolling - Warranty Form - Click Here

Out of interest do you use a Univalve?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2020, 08:21:57 pm »
I hate the new jet capsules , I've gone back to x line brushes now.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2020, 08:54:17 pm »
i hate them too.

they offer no advantage to me,  cost more money, and waste my time having to reorder and repair them.

just one more thing to go wrong,

they help gardiners obviously as they can bulk manufacture brushes and then sell the capsules separately.

definitely not a fan of them at all
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

dd

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2020, 10:44:23 pm »
Been using them for a good few weeks with no problem as yet. I do not understand what people are doing to break them.

M & C Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2020, 11:33:03 pm »
Been using them for a good few weeks with no problem as yet. I do not understand what people are doing to break them.

Two things did it for me.

Pushing the brush behind bushes close to windows. The hose gets caught and rips the back of the jet off. (This often broke the original black and red plastic fan jets as well). The capsules can be pushed back together but it’s fiddly. (Thankfully I don’t have many to do like that) I just had to adjust my approach to these windows

I’m also a Univalve user and using a Univalve requires that you leave a longer piece of pole hose between the top of the pole  and the JG ‘T’  piece and also make sure it is held securely at the top of the pole, otherwise the jet hoses can pull on the back of the jets when you operate the valve. This is compounded if you use a swivel. I didn’t see the notes on the page when I bought mine and as a consequence kept pulling mine apart.

What worked for me was to lengthen the pole hose above the pole by 20mm and also the jet hoses by about 15mm.  I’ve not had an issue since following this advice from Gardiner’s
We have a choice! We can do one or the other, the opposite, both, or neither depending on which way the wind is blowing.

carl stanton

« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2020, 11:36:57 pm »
I wanted to try them out. Thought it would be nice to be able to change from fan to pencil for some reason.
Haven’t done so.   ;D
Personally I like using the swivel but you do have to use longer hose to the jets. I use a univalve but find no extra notable wear on connectors  though not inside of any warranty period.  I do have a straight connector cable tied to my gooseneck to stop pull on the brush and such

jk999

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 12:12:44 am »
I bought a new pole last week came with brush that had new jets im finding one of the jets is almost like a pencil jet while the other ones fans

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2020, 09:26:49 am »

Two things did it for me.

Pushing the brush behind bushes close to windows. The hose gets caught and rips the back of the jet off. (This often broke the original black and red plastic fan jets as well). The capsules can be pushed back together but it’s fiddly. (Thankfully I don’t have many to do like that) I just had to adjust my approach to these windows

I’m also a Univalve user and using a Univalve requires that you leave a longer piece of pole hose between the top of the pole  and the JG ‘T’  piece and also make sure it is held securely at the top of the pole, otherwise the jet hoses can pull on the back of the jets when you operate the valve. This is compounded if you use a swivel. I didn’t see the notes on the page when I bought mine and as a consequence kept pulling mine apart.

What worked for me was to lengthen the pole hose above the pole by 20mm and also the jet hoses by about 15mm.  I’ve not had an issue since following this advice from Gardiner’s

Hi M&C

Glad that our advice has worked  :)

With regard to your comments about the jet hose getting caught on bushes - I have just put together a close-coupled jet hose option for the brushes for another client who found that he was getting the jet hose caught on patio door handles. If you would like to try this out before I put them on the website, drop me a message.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2020, 09:37:53 am »
I wanted to try them out. Thought it would be nice to be able to change from fan to pencil for some reason.
Haven’t done so.   ;D
Personally I like using the swivel but you do have to use longer hose to the jets. I use a univalve but find no extra notable wear on connectors  though not inside of any warranty period.  I do have a straight connector cable tied to my gooseneck to stop pull on the brush and such

Hi Carl

Using the swivel and a uni-valve is the combination that can put the most strain on push fit connections on the brush head.  This is because even when a clip is fitted if the brush head is swiveled to the side it actually pulls the gooseneck hose out of the gooseneck by up to 1" and this then means that if the uni-valve is actuated in this position the clip is not protecting the push-fit connections and the hose is then sharply yanked downwards with the jet hose at an acute angle in the jets leading to possible premature failure of the connection. It took us some time to work out why this combo could cause damage.

So it is good that you are using a cable tie to prevent this, but you will need to make sure for longevity that you have enough gooseneck hose above the cable tie. If using a  swivel we recommend using about 4cm longer gooseneck hose above the clip than would usually be needed.

None of our goosenecks or brushes were ever designed to cope with the thousands of repetitive tugs that a uni-valve puts into the mix so we have had learn what damage this can cause and the best ways of protecting the other components. Because of this we have now developed a new gooseneck that is designed to completely isolate the brush head connections from the effects of a uni-valve if fitted. This is currently being trialled by several of our users and if successful will probably replace our current gooseneck in due course.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2020, 09:41:23 am »
I bought a new pole last week came with brush that had new jets im finding one of the jets is almost like a pencil jet while the other ones fans

Hi jk999

Drop us a line using our warranty form and we can take a look for you -  Warranty Form - Click Here  :)

the king

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2020, 06:02:33 pm »
one of the jets on my new ultmate flocked broke after a few months of use i like the ider but qualty ant there shame, o and i use a univalve  i think most do these days  ;D

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 06:14:33 pm »
one of the jets on my new ultmate flocked broke after a few months of use i like the ider but qualty ant there shame, o and i use a univalve  i think most do these days  ;D

Hi 'the king'

Did you contact us about this? Happy to help out if you do  :)

Do you fit a clip on the gooseneck hose? This is needed to protect the brush and connectors from the repetitive actions of the univalve.

Whilst many do use a univalve, more of our clients still do not. We do class them as a modification so care needs to be taken to protect other elements once they are fitted to the pole.

the king

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 06:29:05 pm »
thats ok alex im ordering some bits soon so will buy a new one i dont use a hose clip as i take hose out a lot dont like them hose push fit conectors as i use hot water of i have a issue with them again ill just fit brass jets insted  :)

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 06:34:51 pm »

same here..no problems...i use a uni valve too....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 06:39:21 pm »
You mean you haven’t broke one Daz ?
Normally you just look at something and it snaps or melts  ;D ;D

I haven’t broke one either , must be a bunch of Shreks on here !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 06:46:09 pm »
You mean you haven’t broke one Daz ?
Normally you just look at something and it snaps or melts  ;D ;D

I haven’t broke one either , must be a bunch of Shreks on here !

Did you call ?   ;D

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 07:21:51 pm »
I knew you would pop up  ;D
Heaters are available to order now  ;)
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

richard connett

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 07:54:05 pm »
I had problems too. The jet started leaking. I was using a univalve but it wasn’t tugging on the jet. Could of easily been knocked on something . The jets are breakable when before they were not.  I complained to Gardiner’s and expected to be just sent another one. To be fair to them they wanted to help but required me to fill out some forms and take pictures and to be honest I couldn’t be arsed so just bought some more. But I won’t be buying them again when the brush is knackered I’ll be going back to normal jets if they still sell them

mufcglen

« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2020, 02:06:13 pm »
Mine have all been fine up to now and I’m using a swivel neck but personally I preferred the older type setup where you could have both sets of jets fitted in one brush at the same time.
Now if I want to change from pencils to fans I have to go back to he van find the bloody things and swap them out but it’s not such a big issue since I don’t do con roofs or facias anymore!