This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

NWH

Re: back trouble and WFP.......
« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2019, 10:01:21 pm »
A high protein diet will help you burn fat quicker,steroids help you heal quicker and grow quicker  it doesn’t matter how much protein you put down you’re neck,6 meals a day of 30 grams of protein in a sitting whatever you would be wasting cash on food.
When you get older you produce less testosterone have less energy muscle shrinks skin sags,they have done trials in America that have proved that testosterone therapy in men over a certain age has improved overall health given them more energy and stable muscle mass.
The protein consumption you are talking about consuming would only be beneficial to someone taking anabolic steroids,otherwise you might as well burn pound notes on food and tubs of nothing more than milkshakes.
Real creatine costs a fourtune not 40/50 quid a tub.

dazmond

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2019, 10:04:39 pm »
yea Daz I'm aware I'm in a bad way have been since 96 but life to short and I'm a strong willed I won't give in. yea I'm aware type 2 can be reversed but I think it's gonna be hard as all my life I've weighed around 14 too 15 stone, when I turned 40 I was in best shape of my life, I then retired of the doors after 15 years now I'm 50 I'm 21 stone work that out.

this is one of the reasons why i keep weight  training/eating right mate....im 48 and apart from my temporary back problem im in the best shape/health of my adult life.......i used to be an active alcoholic/drug addict in my teens/twenties,i also smoked for many years......now i dont drink,smoke or take drugs and havent for many years....

the human body is an amazing thing....its truly remarkable what you can do/change to help it heal and grow strong again....

i found some inner strength from somewhere and now i have a discipline/focus/tenacity that was missing for large parts of my early,adult,chaotic,rock n roll life i used to lead....

best wishes mate
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2019, 10:25:06 pm »
I can say this honestly Daz I could not train like I did 20 odd years ago and work like I do today and workout properly with any results something would suffer,I’d have to be like you and have 15 days worth of work a month lol lol.
At your age I don’t know what your trying to achieve lifting weights,you won’t grow or build muscle mass for that you would need to be on about 3 different steroids.
Lifting weights it’s so easy to injure yourself if you tear and bicep-tricep or herniate a disc in your back you won’t only have to give up the weights you’ll be giving up work for longer than a few days.

thats absolutely not the case nigel!of course you can still build muscle in your forties!im living proof.......ive got over  3 and a half years under my belt of regular weight training this time round and the improvements are staggering.....i only workout 3 times a week usually too,my chest and upper back have come on in leaps and bounds esp over the last year or so....even my legs are improving(even though legs are not my strongest feature of my body).......again NO STEROIDS.....

of course once your over 50 the decline begins but you learn to fight it all the way and keep on training in some form or other(but smarter).....NEVER GIVE UP......just adjust it slightly.....

for every little injury/strain i learn something new about myself,how to work around it or stop it from happening again without throwing in the towel....its a learning curve..........

dazmond

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:17 pm »
his best bet is swimming and cycling ,

dont you do any weight training at all mate?...if not you should......resistance training is even more important when we get to 50 mate,even if its just a half hour workout with light weights a few times a week....its good for the bones and keeps you from losing too much muscle as we age.....

i agree swimming and cycling is great exercise/cardio and even brisk walking is good 4 or 5 times a week but its not enough,you need resistance work too......

dazmond

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2019, 11:13:41 pm »
A high protein diet will help you burn fat quicker,steroids help you heal quicker and grow quicker  it doesn’t matter how much protein you put down you’re neck,6 meals a day of 30 grams of protein in a sitting whatever you would be wasting cash on food.
When you get older you produce less testosterone have less energy muscle shrinks skin sags,they have done trials in America that have proved that testosterone therapy in men over a certain age has improved overall health given them more energy and stable muscle mass.
The protein consumption you are talking about consuming would only be beneficial to someone taking anabolic steroids,otherwise you might as well burn pound notes on food and tubs of nothing more than milkshakes.
Real creatine costs a fourtune not 40/50 quid a tub.

i dont take creatine(it never did anything for me),i dont drink protein shakes(i cant stand them anymore)i eat the odd protein bar but most of my protein comes from real food.i love food so i dont see it as "wasting money"..... ;D

personally i think whey protein powder is powerful marketing hype,basically its processed junk.......your much better off eating real food,the more wholesome the better.....

the only supplements i take are fish oil,glucosamine and a multi vit/mineral tablet these days.....

NWH

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2019, 11:53:43 pm »
You’ve probably burnt fat and toned your muscles to the eye you look bigger,when bodybuilders go on stage they are a lot lot smaller but the body fat percentage is a hell of a lot lower ie under 10%,with that kind of body fat or even at a  slightly higher percentage you’ll look bigger to the eye.
You could be a bodybuilder at 16 stone off season start eating rice cakes and baby food water only then the last week take diuretics get down to 13 stone and look a load bigger but you’d have next to no energy,bodybuilding  even if done naturally is not going to get you fit.
I would use a cross trainer go swimming and stretch and leave the weights alone your body’s trying to tell you that,lots of weight lifters-bodybuilders  can’t lift thereselves out of the armchair after years of doing it m8.

lee_dewing

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2019, 12:09:59 am »
Speedy recovery Daz.

Sounds like your on the mend 👍

You could try hanging from the pull up bar at the gym
Just dangle 😁

It’s good for shoulders and back
Weight of your body stretches you
30 seconds

I’m getting a squat rack with spotters for Xmas to go in garage

I have 6ft barbell and weight plates, already. (Gathering dust 😖)

Going to do 5x5 StrongLifts program
3 days a week

I’m same age as you, got to lose 6 inches off the belly.

Going to use kettle bell swing also
Which if done proper form is a great alternative to deadlifts

Improper form is aching lower back
Which I’ve done 😏

Strengthens kinetic chain
Aerobic and anerobic apparently if there was only one exercise you could do this is it
Lean and mean
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

windowswashed

« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2019, 12:24:25 am »
I do surf kayaking all year round, uses abdominal, shoulder muscles and forearms, perfect for keeping fit. Getting thrown around in the wash when the waves are rough uses more energy and is bags of unpredictable fun and exercise. No two days are ever the same so fitness is  dependant on how  many eskimo rolls are needed to upright oneself depending on choppiness and height of waves depending on where I surf, all good fun, beats doing weight training for staying fit and healthy.

lee_dewing

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2019, 12:58:28 am »
Sounds fun Windowswashed

Different I know but I have a white water rafting and canoe centre less than 10 minutes drive

Waltham Abbey
It was built for the 2012 olympics

Ashamed to say still haven’t been 🤦‍♂️

Did canoeing when I travelled 20+ years ago Australia and New Zealand

It’s great fun

As you say great exercise from the waist up 😁

Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

dazmond

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2019, 08:03:52 am »
You’ve probably burnt fat and toned your muscles to the eye you look bigger,when bodybuilders go on stage they are a lot lot smaller but the body fat percentage is a hell of a lot lower ie under 10%,with that kind of body fat or even at a  slightly higher percentage you’ll look bigger to the eye.
You could be a bodybuilder at 16 stone off season start eating rice cakes and baby food water only then the last week take diuretics get down to 13 stone and look a load bigger but you’d have next to no energy,bodybuilding  even if done naturally is not going to get you fit.
I would use a cross trainer go swimming and stretch and leave the weights alone your body’s trying to tell you that,lots of weight lifters-bodybuilders  can’t lift thereselves out of the armchair after years of doing it m8.

yep im leaving the weights alone  for a few weeks now mate....just swimming,walking,cardio on the  bike and of course flexibility work every day but ill be back weight training by the end of the month but not the same intensity/volume as before...

Dave Willis

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2019, 08:15:24 am »
I used to surf kayak ‘till my back went again.
Had a Mega Reflex full carbon.

dazmond

« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2019, 08:17:40 am »
woke up at 6am itching to get out of bed and get on with the day......2 days rest has done me good.....again i got up and got straight into a hot shower,drank a glass of water then 20 mins of yoga/hamstring stretches,concentrating on my breathing and slow,steady movements before making breakfast...

back is a bit achy but not mega sore and i can stand up straight,the muscle spasms have calmed down......im off to the missus house in a bit(20 min drive)to take the dog for a walk......its a start....i dont think ill be doing much for the rest of the day though....im tempted to go to the gym this afternoon for a bit of cardio on the bike but i think ill give it a miss and go for a light swim tomorrow.....

zesty

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2019, 08:33:23 am »
Good, but don’t go to the gym Daz, write this week off for recovery!

dazmond

« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2019, 08:37:50 am »
im still taking painkillers....10 a day(4 ibuprofen/4 paracetamol/2 nefopam) 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon......

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2019, 10:41:51 am »
im still taking painkillers....10 a day(4 ibuprofen/4 paracetamol/2 nefopam) 5 in the morning and 5 in the afternoon......

No wonder you're feeling better!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

dazmond

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2019, 12:05:50 pm »
Good, but don’t go to the gym Daz, write this week off for recovery!

i think your right there mate....i dont even think ill chance swimming either.......managed to take the dog for a 60 min walk and i was ok after the first 10 mins,back loosened up a bit but these painkillers make me feel a  bit sick so was glad to get back in the warm......

its weird isnt it?i wouldnt think twice to work in this cold weather but when im off i think "its a bit cold for outdoor work!" ;D

i find myself grinning at gardeners and window cleaners (dressed up as if their going on an arctic expedition!) when im not working.....

dazmond

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2019, 01:08:29 pm »
my foam roller is getting delivered today...i dont know whether itll do any good but it cant make it any worse!ill give it a try anyway.....

ive also found a large lumbar support band in a drawer(that fixes together with velcro)that i can wear around my waist when im back to work on monday....👍

Frankybadboy

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2019, 01:55:07 pm »
his best bet is swimming and cycling ,

i agree swimming and cycling is great exercise/cardio and even brisk walking is good 4 or 5 times a week but its not enough,you need resistance work too......
Daz i can tell you that all the cyclist i train do resistance training on the bike and off the bike  ;) ;) ;) ;)

Frankybadboy

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2019, 01:58:22 pm »
I can say this honestly Daz I could not train like I did 20 odd years ago and work like I do today and workout properly with any results something would suffer,I’d have to be like you and have 15 days worth of work a month lol lol.
At your age I don’t know what your trying to achieve lifting weights,you won’t grow or build muscle mass for that you would need to be on about 3 different steroids.
Lifting weights it’s so easy to injure yourself if you tear and bicep-tricep or herniate a disc in your back you won’t only have to give up the weights you’ll be giving up work for longer than a few days.
actually i say i am fitter now than i was 30 years ago  and i work harder,so your statement could be incorrect to a lot of people

the question on fitness is what do you class as fitness ?

deeege

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2019, 02:24:43 pm »
Are you taking next week off aswell Daz? Just that I was considering leafleting all your  customers and explaining that you’ve jacked it in. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."