This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

Re: back trouble and WFP.......
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2019, 08:51:23 pm »
Strange family apparently.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2019, 09:08:42 pm »

tbh honest i feel disabled!......ive never done my back in like this before and the ironic thing is IT HAPPENED WHILE SITTING DOWN EATING A BIRTHDAY MEAL WITH MY FAMILY......strange.....

Excuse me for being thick but what have deadlifting and squatting got to do with anything if you injured your back at a family meal, trying to sit down?

i originally injured my back on a heavy deadlift a few months back mate and its never been the same since, but sunday i was just getting up from my chair to go to the toilet at a family meal and it just went...literally...... ::)roll ;D

zesty seems to think that some back problems can be caused through family stress....... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2019, 08:18:22 am »
Might be worth getting your prostate examined . An enlarged prostate can give you a bad back

zesty

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2019, 08:26:11 am »

tbh honest i feel disabled!......ive never done my back in like this before and the ironic thing is IT HAPPENED WHILE SITTING DOWN EATING A BIRTHDAY MEAL WITH MY FAMILY......strange.....

Excuse me for being thick but what have deadlifting and squatting got to do with anything if you injured your back at a family meal, trying to sit down?

i originally injured my back on a heavy deadlift a few months back mate and its never been the same since, but sunday i was just getting up from my chair to go to the toilet at a family meal and it just went...literally...... ::)roll ;D

zesty seems to think that some back problems can be caused through family stress....... ;D

Don’t doubt it can be purely physical Daz, but also don’t doubt that any type of pent up stress and emotion can affect the body.

As said, doctors now realise this and often ask if you are currently under stress. Friend of mines wife has fybromyalgia and the doctors said this almost always happens when people are locking up emotions.

Sometimes our physical bodies reflect our emotional state.

Of course not always, you may well have just done yourself in by deadlifting mate 😁

NWH

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2019, 09:50:27 am »
You want me to check your prostate Daz the old fashioned way lol

deeege

« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2019, 10:42:16 am »
What’s all this talk about Dazmond being stressed? He’s the least likely person to be stressed that I know.

No money worries, no dependants, no boss to answer to. He hasn’t needed to set his alarm clock for about 20 years and his monthly rent cost about the same as the average persons council tax. Stress won’t be the issue 😂

How’s the back this morning Daz?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

zesty

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2019, 11:56:30 am »
What’s all this talk about Dazmond being stressed? He’s the least likely person to be stressed that I know.

No money worries, no dependants, no boss to answer to. He hasn’t needed to set his alarm clock for about 20 years and his monthly rent cost about the same as the average persons council tax. Stress won’t be the issue 😂

Perhaps that’s why he’s stressed, nothing to stress about 😁.

Nah it’s always worth asking, just in case! If he’s all good on the emotional front, then he’s probably succumbed to deadlifting.

Don Kee

« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2019, 02:41:03 pm »

Maybe you’re just getting old and the midlife crisis has finally caught up with you then?

Dave Willis

« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2019, 02:42:37 pm »
Wait ‘till you get a kidney stone Dazmond if you think this is bad 😢

dazmond

« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2019, 05:20:50 pm »

remarkably its improved a fair bit Danny...........i got up and had a shave/shower,washed some clothes,back/hamstring stretching exercises for a 20 mins then made some breakfast......i even managed a bit of hoovering!then the missus called round with some nurofen  plus and a hot water bottle!i even managed to keep off the painkillers till 1030am......

......but this afternoon ive been sorting customers phone numbers out on CP/phone and changing the round order on some  jobs and it feels sore again and im struggling to stand up straight again but ive been sat at my desk on my laptop for a few hours only getting up for 5 mins every hour to walk around.......

just gotta take it easy for the rest of the week....hopefully ill feel a bit better tomorrow and i can take the dog for a walk as ive not been outside for 2 days....

i reckon its a fairly severe muscular sprain,working monday probably made it worse as i practically forced myself to work which in hindsight was not a good idea! ::)roll ;D

its just my lower back and top of my glutes that are sore and stiff when i stand up,the hot water bottle and massaging the area every time i stand up is helping...the muscle goes into spasm and tightens up really bad if i dont!also the base of my neck is sore too now but this is just fairly mild and i only feel it when i turn my head.....

dazmond

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2019, 05:22:21 pm »
Wait ‘till you get a kidney stone Dazmond if you think this is bad 😢

a few of my customers have had em and say its the worst pain in the world! ::)roll

zesty

« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2019, 05:54:30 pm »
Hopefully by tomorrow you’ll be feeling much better Daz.

Usually I find the first two days are the worst by far, then it eases off considerably

lal

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2019, 07:50:26 pm »

remarkably its improved a fair bit Danny...........i got up and had a shave/shower,washed some clothes,back/hamstring stretching exercises for a 20 mins then made some breakfast......i even managed a bit of hoovering!then the missus called round with some nurofen  plus and a hot water bottle!i even managed to keep off the painkillers till 1030am......

......but this afternoon ive been sorting customers phone numbers out on CP/phone and changing the round order on some  jobs and it feels sore again and im struggling to stand up straight again but ive been sat at my desk on my laptop for a few hours only getting up for 5 mins every hour to walk around.......

just gotta take it easy for the rest of the week....hopefully ill feel a bit better tomorrow and i can take the dog for a walk as ive not been outside for 2 days....

i reckon its a fairly severe muscular sprain,working monday probably made it worse as i practically forced myself to work which in hindsight was not a good idea! ::)roll ;D

its just my lower back and top of my glutes that are sore and stiff when i stand up,the hot water bottle and massaging the area every time i stand up is helping...the muscle goes into spasm and tightens up really bad if i dont!also the base of my neck is sore too now but this is just fairly mild and i only feel it when i turn my head.....

Dazmond i hope you make a speedy recovery soon, but if its stilling giving you trouble in the next couple of days, i would
seriously consider you seek professional help,  you shouldn't mess about taking your back for granted, steps you take now,
can make the difference to successful recovery, hopefully without relapse, about 25 years ago i fell off a wall, landed on
my side on concrete, hit my head needed some stitches, went to bed that night, woke up in the morning, went to get out of
bed, i screamed in agony with terrible back pain, i had to roll out of the bed carefully, i went to the doctors, he examined me,
sent me for an X-ray, no broken bones or fractures, just bad internal bruising and inflammation, it took a few weeks with
painkillers before i felt 100% again,  i will never ever take my back for granted, you have to look after it.

s.w.c

« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2019, 08:31:03 pm »
I have prolapse disc lowest one and it touching sciatic nerve also deep tissue damage in my upper back, and two older injuries in my kneck iv got c4 c5 c6 from a old bike crash then I've fell of a ladder years back and fell throw a garage roof smashed my heel bone and ankle to different directions and landed on my arse resulting in compound fracture to t9 and t10, then a  plate and screws, I've had surgery on both knees and right shoulder has no cartilage so it's bone on bone, I'm on 3600mg of Gabapentin ten 50mg of tramadol plus 200mg pro long release tramadol,

all this just so I can go out to work I'm now hit 50 years of age and now been slapped type 2 diabetes, it seems a never ending,

but I'm not the type to let it beat me but I know it will at some point as I'm finding it harder and harder, I'd like to get to 55 my son wants to take over so I think I'll get to 55.

NWH

« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2019, 08:52:57 pm »
The best thing you can do is get on the cross trainer low impact on joints running kills the knees and ankles I know a few  old boys who were runners they can hardly walk now,if you see blokes down the gym over 40  +Daz and they looked big and ripped there juiced m8.
I’d sooner be fitter and leaner over bigger and juiced,I’m around 13-5 stone now I used to go to the gym and was 16 + stone if you lift weights naturally you will pull and injure tendons and muscles if your juiced you won’t feel it.
When you get older you produce less testosterone you will no longer gain size and you are much much more susceptible to injury,if you injure you back badly lifting in a lot of cases it won’t get completely better.

dazmond

« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2019, 09:06:42 pm »
I have prolapse disc lowest one and it touching sciatic nerve also deep tissue damage in my upper back, and two older injuries in my kneck iv got c4 c5 c6 from a old bike crash then I've fell of a ladder years back and fell throw a garage roof smashed my heel bone and ankle to different directions and landed on my arse resulting in compound fracture to t9 and t10, then a  plate and screws, I've had surgery on both knees and right shoulder has no cartilage so it's bone on bone, I'm on 3600mg of Gabapentin ten 50mg of tramadol plus 200mg pro long release tramadol,

all this just so I can go out to work I'm now hit 50 years of age and now been slapped type 2 diabetes, it seems a never ending,

but I'm not the type to let it beat me but I know it will at some point as I'm finding it harder and harder, I'd like to get to 55 my son wants to take over so I think I'll get to 55.

jeeesh!mate....thats bad....ive fell off ladders twice and both times i landed on my heels from 1st floor height...absolutely fine....my bones are very strong.....

you can reverse type 2 diabetes in most cases by going on a 800 calorie diet for a few weeks according to one professor mate.....(google it)

dazmond

« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2019, 09:40:57 pm »
The best thing you can do is get on the cross trainer low impact on joints running kills the knees and ankles I know a few  old boys who were runners they can hardly walk now,if you see blokes down the gym over 40  +Daz and they looked big and ripped there juiced m8.
I’d sooner be fitter and leaner over bigger and juiced,I’m around 13-5 stone now I used to go to the gym and was 16 + stone if you lift weights naturally you will pull and injure tendons and muscles if your juiced you won’t feel it.
When you get older you produce less testosterone you will no longer gain size and you are much much more susceptible to injury,if you injure you back badly lifting in a lot of cases it won’t get completely better.

i love weight training mate so i wont be giving it up anytime soon......im 48 not 78!BUT!the heavy deadlifts will have to go and ill concentrate more on lighter weights,more reps and flexibility,ill also use the machines more...........

ive done another 30 mins of stretching/yoga this evening and my backs feeling loads better.......my foam roller should be here tomorrow so ill be using that every day too.....

i think the main problem is i went back to heavy weight training too early after hurting my back 2 months ago and its not had chance to properly heal...i forget that im not 28 anymore...this is a good reminder..... ;D......

ill still be hitting the gym next week but cardio on the bike and a yoga session only....

im 6ft 2in and 110kg(17 stone 3lbs).....i like the body mass and muscle mate......its the flexibility work ive neglected coupled with lifting too heavy/too much volume in one session.......the only other injuries ive had over the years is bicep tendonitis (which has healed)and a little  elbow strain which healed within a few weeks....ive never taken a steroid in my life(although ive been accused of using them by a few gym guys ::)roll)

im still eating 170-220g of protein a day and eating around 3000kcal per day too...these are my maintenance calories,sometimes its as high as 3500kcal on training days...sticking to a high protein diet should help me heal quicker.......

s.w.c

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2019, 09:47:49 pm »
yea Daz I'm aware I'm in a bad way have been since 96 but life to short and I'm a strong willed I won't give in. yea I'm aware type 2 can be reversed but I think it's gonna be hard as all my life I've weighed around 14 too 15 stone, when I turned 40 I was in best shape of my life, I then retired of the doors after 15 years now I'm 50 I'm 21 stone work that out.

NWH

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2019, 09:52:34 pm »
I can say this honestly Daz I could not train like I did 20 odd years ago and work like I do today and workout properly with any results something would suffer,I’d have to be like you and have 15 days worth of work a month lol lol.
At your age I don’t know what your trying to achieve lifting weights,you won’t grow or build muscle mass for that you would need to be on about 3 different steroids.
Lifting weights it’s so easy to injure yourself if you tear and bicep-tricep or herniate a disc in your back you won’t only have to give up the weights you’ll be giving up work for longer than a few days. 

s.w.c

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2019, 10:00:44 pm »
his best bet is swimming and cycling ,