This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

back trouble and WFP.......
« on: November 11, 2019, 04:38:22 pm »
ive been struggling with my back for 2 months now but it seemed to be getting better until yesterday.....i stood up after a family meal out and i couldnt stand up straight the stiffness/pain was that bad.....got up this morning and took ibuprofen and paracetamol and went to work..... :)

...well......ive NEVER had a bad back as bad as today EVER in 48 years....managed 4 hours work(5 large houses one requiring ladders to access a glass roof!) and then i had to come home..im in agony.... ::)roll

tomorrow i have a customer due who knows an osteopath(who ll come to your house) so im gonna get his number while im there.....

ive knocked the gym on the head for this week and ive had to cancel a gig with the lads this friday as theres no way im gonna be fit enough to play drums for 2 hours(and setting up/packing them away and lugging them in and out of my car).....

dont think there is anything i can do wfp wise as i already use the lightest equipment,electric reel etc.....

what do you guys do when suffering a bad back?....i could probably do with some stronger painkillers like codeine......
price higher/work harder!

prestigeclean

Re: back trouble and WFP.......
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 04:47:10 pm »
I have bad lower back pain and have a deep tissue massage twice a month which massively helps but I recently bought a heat pad from ebay  , £20 called a dream catcher, I use it before bed and when I wake up for 30 mins and this has helped enormously I also apply tiger balm when I get home , take lots of anti inflammatory slime ginger and turmeric added to your food , good luck regards alan

Dave Willis

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 04:49:17 pm »
I empty my wallet on the kitchen table the night before. Too much weight in one back pocket doesn’t help.

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 04:53:48 pm »
Hot water, electric reels and heated seats have been proven to bring on slipped discs and major joint issues as does being overweight and spending weeks on a sun lounger.  ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 05:06:48 pm »
Ever helpful Dave Willis!  ;D
It's a game of three halves!

DeLuce

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2019, 05:24:00 pm »
I go to a sports massage therapist every 6-8wks. It’s a luxury ,I know. But there is always a niggle or muscle knot in my shoulder or back that gets sorted out.
Over the last few months I’ve  had pain around my hip  area and the muscles have been really tight there. But the massage has taken it out.
Well worth the money imo. Our shoulders, backs and upper leg/hip areas take a real battering in our job. We need to look after ourselves to keep going.
For me, sports massage is what will keep me going as I get older in this job. My body is my earner, like the wfp, it needs looking after to get the best out of it. Maintenance  ;D

deeege

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2019, 05:26:45 pm »
I used to suffer terribly with bad back, upper, middle and lower. It would go ping basically every few weeks and would usually mean 3-5 days resting before I could work again.

Since I stopped (trying) to lift heavy weights and focussed more on running and mountain walking my back has been good as gold.

Coincidence?
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2019, 05:39:56 pm »
Back pain usually comes from  2 incidents, a disc prolapsing and your bodies response to that prolapse.

I won’t waste my time explaining a prolapsed disc the internet is full of info, but the only treatment is movement of the prolapse so it microscopically breaks away and is absorbed by the body, it cannot go back into place. Unless you move (work) it will not heal

Spasm of the surrounding muscles by the body in a reaction to the prolapse, you body  is sensing an injury  and wants to protect the area. The area needs to relax which can be done slightly with deep tissue massage but drugs do it better either tramadol for pain or muscle relaxants like diazepam

Strong painkillers are also needed to help you move the area which again require prescription drugs (tramadol, OxyContin )

Chiropractors, osteopaths etc  are useless the results they achieve are the normal healing of the body not the result of their treatment
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

SB Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 05:53:35 pm »
Sure it's not from lifting weights Daz?

dd

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 06:01:00 pm »
Yoga

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 06:04:13 pm »
I used to suffer terribly with bad back, upper, middle and lower. It would go ping basically every few weeks and would usually mean 3-5 days resting before I could work again.

Since I stopped (trying) to lift heavy weights and focussed more on running and mountain walking my back has been good as gold.

Coincidence?

i originally injured it Danny lifting too heavy on a deadlift and arching my back TOO MUCH......but ive not done any for over 2 months now...i wont be going back to any kind of  deadlifts for the forseeable future.....my middle and upper back are very strong as are my shoulders,arms and upper traps which helps with wfp work IMO (from 3+ years of weight training).......

zesty

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2019, 06:07:55 pm »
Hi Daz,

Last Friday night I ‘slipped a disc’ it’s happened to me 4 times. Agony.

When it happens I can’t move well, and the slightest flex in the spine is very painful. It usually (and strangely) gets better about 48 hours later. By better, I mean I can move around more. It can take weeks to get fully better, and in fact I’ve had it hurt for months on end before.

Personally, I’ve come to the conclusion that it isn’t work related. Now bare with me....

I think if you are carrying any family stress or tension, it can affect your back. Doctors are starting to cotton on to the emotion-body connection.

I have noted over the years that my back suffers when I’m stressed. My back first went when my dad came back into my life, and the stress that went with it. He’s a major alcoholic, almost died twice.

Since then, my back only suffers when emotions are running high and I’m not keeping on top of them.

Of course, sometimes it can be purely physical, I don’t doubt that. But just bare it mind it might be more than that. I only say this as you had a family meal.

Hope it gets better soon mate!

If it’s disc related, then no amount of massage will help. I spent £££ on physio and massage, but that only helps the muscles.

Keep on top of emotions, and stress. Keep on top of your health (which you do) and it should pass.

deeege

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2019, 06:11:13 pm »

Coincidence?

i originally injured it Danny lifting too heavy on a deadlift and arching my back TOO MUCH......but ive not done any for over 2 months now...i wont be going back to any kind of  deadlifts for the forseeable future.....my middle and upper back are very strong as are my shoulders,arms and upper traps which helps with wfp work IMO (from 3+ years of weight training).......

Hope you make a full recovery and quick Daz, back pain is no fun, especially in our job.

In my experience back strength has no correlation to my back staying injury free. In my early 20’s I was far stronger and more muscular than I am now and my back was terrible.

I stopped lifting heavy weights around 12 years ago and literally within weeks my back improved.

Could just be coincidence of course but I personally believe not.

Anyway good luck.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2019, 06:32:05 pm »
I go to a sports massage therapist every 6-8wks. It’s a luxury ,I know. But there is always a niggle or muscle knot in my shoulder or back that gets sorted out.
Over the last few months I’ve  had pain around my hip  area and the muscles have been really tight there. But the massage has taken it out.
Well worth the money imo. Our shoulders, backs and upper leg/hip areas take a real battering in our job. We need to look after ourselves to keep going.
For me, sports massage is what will keep me going as I get older in this job. My body is my earner, like the wfp, it needs looking after to get the best out of it. Maintenance  ;D
Yeah I call those sports massage sport too lol,can we just skip to the last 5 minutes please that seems to hit the spot lol

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2019, 06:33:50 pm »
Back pain usually comes from  2 incidents, a disc prolapsing and your bodies response to that prolapse.

I won’t waste my time explaining a prolapsed disc the internet is full of info, but the only treatment is movement of the prolapse so it microscopically breaks away and is absorbed by the body, it cannot go back into place. Unless you move (work) it will not heal

Spasm of the surrounding muscles by the body in a reaction to the prolapse, you body  is sensing an injury  and wants to protect the area. The area needs to relax which can be done slightly with deep tissue massage but drugs do it better either tramadol for pain or muscle relaxants like diazepam

Strong painkillers are also needed to help you move the area which again require prescription drugs (tramadol, OxyContin )

Chiropractors, osteopaths etc  are useless the results they achieve are the normal healing of the body not the result of their treatment

interesting mike......ive never had a back back like this before.....ive not got sciatica or numbness or anything but i cant stand up straight without being in severe pain around the lower back region just above my glutes....its excruciating.......

windowswashed

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2019, 06:34:16 pm »
Some osteopaths work wonders and some don't.
Codeine is a brilliant pain killer for backache.
Lightest poles going are gardiners modular poles compared to anything else telescopic. It maybe slower using modular poles for normal work but the weight difference is very significant for someone suffering agonising back pain.

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2019, 06:43:00 pm »

Coincidence?

Hope you make a full recovery and quick Daz, back pain is no fun, especially in our job.

In my experience back strength has no correlation to my back staying injury free. In my early 20’s I was far stronger and more muscular than I am now and my back was terrible.

I stopped lifting heavy weights around 12 years ago and literally within weeks my back improved.

Could just be coincidence of course but I personally believe not.

Anyway good luck.

cheers danny....ill be giving the gym a miss for a bit but i love lifting weights...the pump and burn is a great feeling,i love playing drums too!esp with the lads in my band....but both will have to go on the backburner for now.....i will do some cardio in the gym(stationary bike)but not today...i cant even stand up straight at the moment! ::)roll

NWH

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2019, 06:45:33 pm »
I had the exact same thing  Daz I had a nerve pushing on a lower- lumber disk,I went to work 1 morning and it was all I could do to get out of the van to turn the heater off before I drove home in severe discomfort.
I come home and a couple of times a week from lower back to neck go on my foam roller click click click £40s worth of treatment done in about 3-4 seconds,you need to roll and stretch a lot of it is the fact that we all pole standing at an angle whether you think you don’t or not.
I’ve had this happen twice in about 5 years the first time I thought I’d really done something serious,quiet common when you look it up.

NWH

« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2019, 06:46:23 pm »
Pump and burn we talking about that massage therapist again Daz lol

Shrek

« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2019, 06:53:49 pm »
It’s the gym daz . I stopped doing all deadlifts years ago as it’s just not worth getting injured and missing work. Earlier this year I took a month out the gym but kept window cleaning as normal- all my little niggles / tight elbows, joints went back to 100%. I started the gym again and slowly they started coming back too