Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1966

The Tempest
« on: October 09, 2019, 08:47:05 pm »

Anyone using Brian's new machine

john martin

Re: The Tempest
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2019, 09:04:10 pm »
    :o   Whos Brian
Hes making us buy two halfs for the one machine though :/ 
could be logic behind it  ...  might be a hard sell though ?

jeff1966

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2019, 09:09:13 pm »
Hi-lite services former owner of Extracta

john martin

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2019, 09:14:42 pm »
good god ...extractas back .. didnt see that coming

fair play .. it looks quite good , and if your going to have a usp  .. do something different
wonder what the spec is ?  price ? 

Glynn

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2019, 09:23:52 pm »
Nothing new about this, Extracta did a two part machine donkeys years ago.
Regards
Glynn

jeff1966

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2019, 09:40:17 pm »
2 x 6.6 vacs  and a 250 psi equatec pump

john martin

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2019, 10:55:08 pm »
He needs to put locking front castors on them  , dont want one rolling down the road while your loading the other  ..
that has happened to me with the alltec express  >:(
And a 400psi pump option  ...   might not matter to some  , but its more about the flow  , the aquatec is ok , but put a couple of 50ft hose sections on ...run through an inline ...do upstairs bedroom ...  there is a certain amount of loss  .   A bigger pump keeps pressure better .
apart from that .. if they are light for stair climbing and hold 60lts or so it could be quite good

Mike Halliday

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2019, 07:02:06 am »
Looks like some old 1960s design.if you are going to design and build your own machine then start thinking out of the box,  this is (just like I said)  some old design.

The vacuum unit should have been designed to offer dry vaccing, then straight away it’s  2 machines in one, you don’t need to carry a separate vacuum on the van..... you can use the Tempest.

The pump unit needs auto fill and a pressure washing size pump,  then like the vacuum unit you have doubled the range of the machine. it’s not only a carpet cleaning machine but also a pressure washer ( perfect for car valeters who use both machines)

Unless these machines are significantly cheaper than a normal extractor why would you buy it?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

jeff1966

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2019, 08:27:51 am »

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2019, 01:51:40 pm »
Jeff we get your point.... using the tempest gives you depression  ;D  ;D

Or does that kid just hate his job?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2019, 04:58:45 pm »
Its smaller than i thought ... or else that lad is huge
I suppose any extracta users are too old to lift an excell up steps now so welcome for them

Its interesting though  ..   
he could also easily make the vacuum unit into an inline booster ...for even truckmounts
Im sure it coulds be used as booster in several ways ...  id say the 6.6s are in series ?    two of the vacuum units joined with a Y would give epic performance .

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2019, 01:33:41 pm »
I think it looks like i good innovative idea and really well put together.

Not too sure about the colour and it definitely needs a 400, 600, 800 and 1200 psi pump option. Apart from those issues i would definitely have considered one.

jeff1966

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2019, 11:56:27 am »
*CAPACITY  52 LTS SUPPLY / 45 LTS RECOVERY

*WEIGHT  24KG SUPPLY UNIT / 26KG RECOVERY UNIT

*VACUUM SYSTEM  1 X 1600W 6.6” AND 1 X 5.7” 3 STAGE (BOTH AMETEK)  AVAILABLE IN SERIES (RECOMMENDED) OR IN PARALLEL.

Both vacs are run through true soft starts.

*PUMP SYSTEM.  AQUATEC 250 PSI WITH ELECTRONIC VARIABLE CONTROL. HEAT RESISTANT TO 75 DEGREES AND HIGHLY CHEMICAL RESISTANT.

*HEATER SYSTEM. AS STANDARD.   3 KW IMMERSION TYPE WITH FULL THERMOSTATIC CONTROL AND DOUBLE PROTECTION OF ELEMENT.

*RAPID HEAT SYSTEM. AVAILABL SOON AS A LOW COST OPTION.. BUILT IN RAPID HEAT SYSTEM ADDS VERTUALLY NO WEIGHT TO MACHINE AND MEANS - FILL THE TANK

WITH COLD AND START THE JOB IN 5 MINS WITH HOT. THIS SYSTEM HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE.

*BUILT IN SILENCING AS STANDARD.

*AUTO FEED BUILT IN TO DRAW SOLUTION FROM A HOLDING TANK. I

*POWER SPRAY FACILITY BUILT IN GIVES VARIABLE PRESSURE

*REMOTE CONTROL WITH AUTO DUMP - OPTION

PRICE - £1800 PLUS VAT

REMOTE WITH AUTO DUMP - £75 PLUS VAT

WANDS, HAND TOOLS HOSES ETC ALL AVAILBLE AT LOW

john martin

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2019, 08:12:14 pm »
i just happen to have that spec in my slightly modded alltec express ( one 6.6 +5.7 in series )  ...    i can tell you what its like
I even have the soft start mentioned .
Its ok ...   its not quite as nice as two 6.6 series in my enforcer though .   The Express has a two inch barb but not a two inch stack so if the tempest has ...it might improve it a bit .
Its fine for close range work  ... its not a setup i like for reaching all around a house though .  The only setup im happy to that with these days is four vacs .
So , if one was to spend an extra 900 or  on a second tempest vacuum unit  that high performance is easy to achieve  ...
just order two vac units in 6.6+5.7 series  ... and side by side attach a Y between them  .
You would be paying about 3000 for the three units ... but consider  many two vac machines are that at least ... its not too much to pay .
Of course he needs to fit a slightly larger pump also though  ... or you could modify it yourself .

Richard Tara

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2019, 02:06:30 pm »
Hello John

Can you show a picture of the Express inside, i`am still running the 1800 watt electro motor in mine untill it goes POP, was it easy to do?

Richard
carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

jmj

« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2019, 02:45:56 pm »
John,

You could always buy the recovery machine as an additional vacuum unit to your existing set up.

joe

john martin

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2019, 04:12:11 pm »
Hello John

Can you show a picture of the Express inside, i`am still running the 1800 watt electro motor in mine untill it goes POP, was it easy to do?

Richard

i have a pic somewhere , it was quick n crude job as i needed to get it going fast  ...  there is a curved up lip on the edge of the mounting plate  ...   i just bent that down flat with a plyers and that gave the wider space  for the 6.6  , then  drilled the outer hole in it to mount the wider motor  ... i think i used a thick gasket , rubber ring plumbers use for something  .

john martin

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2019, 04:18:15 pm »
John,

You could always buy the recovery machine as an additional vacuum unit to your existing set up.

joe

Yes , good point  .   If you have a series machine like an enforcer or others ...   adding the tempest  vacuum unit on a Y will give you series /parallel   .... ( high lift + high airflow )  thats the setup i perfer .
If you have a parallel machine  ...  it would be good to also have a parallel version of the tempest ...   to get series/parallel it would be connected to the exhaust of the main machine .
If you put it on a Y you would have four in parallel  ... increase airfllow ,same lift .
But either way it would feel like a way more powerfull machine .

Richard Tara

« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2019, 04:53:53 pm »
Cheers John

carpet, upholstery, caravan cleaning for Skegness www.rbcleaningskegness.co.uk

Daniel regan

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2019, 09:12:12 am »
Hi lads. I thought I would give my opinion as I use this machine daily. Machine is absolutely mint. PSI is exactly what u need for domestic. Vac power is massive, I ran this alongside an airflex pro and it blew it away. Class for flats apartments etc even with the clean tank full with water it’s still much lighter than any of the bigger machines out there. And at the end of the day if your machine is still full u don’t have to suck the water out there’s a waste valve for the clean water too which is better. I’ve used this for over 4 months now & im really happy with it. Cheers.