Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Johnny B

Re: Most annoying thing about a customer.
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 09:18:29 pm »
I get a bit flouncy when the customer is drinking or making tea and not offering me one!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 09:51:28 pm »
When they are in

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 09:55:11 pm »
This came in yesterday at 1930

Hi Alan,

My daughter, xxx and her partner xxx , have just moved up to xxx and they're looking for a Window Cleaner.
Also, she thinks it was possibly you she used in her previous flat at XXX and that she may even have an outstanding bill with you as she struggled to contact you.

Can you confirm OK to take them on as customers?

Thanks

I'm thinking are you drunk! Seriously they've owed two payments for over a cooking year! They had notes and invoices through the door with probably enough details to defraud me but somehow they've struggled to contact me  ??? FFS I'm ten minutes walk from them or at least was, the parent on the other hand always pays but I'm tempted to tell them where to go after sending that on a Saturday night.
What they expecting? For me to say oh that's alright, I'll clean the windows on their new house and maybe I'll get paid before 2021  ::)roll

Just say you are full save having that conversation

mac74

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 11:02:06 pm »
What about the "would you like a cup of tea" just as they know your finishing the job.

James Styles

« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2019, 12:09:29 am »
Ones who haven’t paid and when you send a reminder text few days later they just ignore it, not pay and not even reply.

zesty

« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2019, 07:20:26 am »

lal

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 10:39:08 am »

How about you turnup to a job, cars parked in the drive, you ring the doorbell, you say hello and is the side gate open,
  they say yes, i say thanks i will get on with it, so because their cars are taking up the driveway, i have to unreel hose
 from fixed reel from back of van facing away from house on the road, so eventually I'm cleaning the back windows, i always
 start from the furthest point first, then someone appears while your cleaning the back windows,    ( can you move your Van
 please, i need to get my car out)  this used to do my Freaking head in, in the past.    Nowdays i call them before i arrive,
 and ask if they can move any cars in front of the alleyway to the back of the house, so that i can reverse my van in.
You live & learn.  ;D

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2019, 10:53:37 am »
When they are in

Same.

When you pull into the street see their car on the drive and get that sinking feeling.

I love it when I pull up and know they are out

zesty

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 12:03:33 pm »
When they are in

Same.

When you pull into the street see their car on the drive and get that sinking feeling.

Quite right mate!

Phil J

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 09:40:33 pm »
I have a customer who always seems to leave the house and drive away without paying as we are in the middle of cleaning the street.

Windy Miller

« Reply #30 on: October 07, 2019, 09:48:34 pm »
When they are in

Same.

I know the feeling, a few I'll drive on to the next job and come back hoping they're gone!

I can't stand the ones who ask you to do a sneaky thank you job at no extra cost, like a section of guttering or fascia. It's so awkward trying to explain that it'll be an extra charge as it's usually some of the old dears and you feel obligated to throw it in.
Also the people who ask you to use your window cleaning pole to knock swallows nests down. Or can you reach that bit of grass growing out of the chimney pot!

nathankaye

« Reply #31 on: October 08, 2019, 11:20:20 am »
When they are in

Same.

I know the feeling, a few I'll drive on to the next job and come back hoping they're gone!

I can't stand the ones who ask you to do a sneaky thank you job at no extra cost, like a section of guttering or fascia. It's so awkward trying to explain that it'll be an extra charge as it's usually some of the old dears and you feel obligated to throw it in.
Also the people who ask you to use your window cleaning pole to knock swallows nests down. Or can you reach that bit of grass growing out of the chimney pot!

Nah, its about changing your mind set, so you dont feel like a charity case or obligated.  Just simply say, yes I can do so when im finished but it will be an extra £x...........simples!

I do have two customers though that I try to avoid as they can talk for england, but then I normally leave them to the last call of the day.  There both old and dont see too many people and so Im happy to hear the same long story every month lol
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #32 on: October 08, 2019, 01:46:53 pm »
The customer who you text the night before about the gate and they reply, no worries!
Only to unlock the top bolt and totally ignor the bottom bolt  ::)roll
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Windy Miller

« Reply #33 on: October 08, 2019, 08:53:19 pm »
I do have that mindset most times Nathan although there are a select few elderly folk who come off with the 'could you just sweep those cobwebs off the porch gutters' etc and it's almost as quick to just do it rather than explain pricing 😬
Have you ever text the night before to leave a gate open and when you arrive they've pushed a heavy wheelie bin tight to it to emphasise the point that it's a 'not today' 😂

James Styles

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2019, 10:49:55 pm »
Have you ever text the night before to leave a gate open and when you arrive they've pushed a heavy wheelie bin tight to it to emphasise the point that it's a 'not today' 😂

I have one customer who does that but I think it’s to stop the gate blowing wide open and constantly banging with the wind.

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2019, 04:56:31 pm »
some of you must have the worst customer relations with some of these replies! ;D

we all have customers we d rather not talk to but sometimes a 5-10 min chat here and there and a coffee can help both theirs and your day along.......lots of my customers are usually out or busy with other things but the odd quick chat/banter is good for all of us during our working day from time to time IMO....

theres too many ignorant people these days(usually staring at their phone/ipod with headphones in)as it is......dont add to it!

your also more likely to keep the customer/job for many years(if you build up a bit of rapport)then when another guy comes round offering to clean their windows cheaper their more likely to tell them to sod off! ;D
price higher/work harder!

Johnny B

« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2019, 06:57:13 pm »
some of you must have the worst customer relations with some of these replies! ;D

we all have customers we d rather not talk to but sometimes a 5-10 min chat here and there and a coffee can help both theirs and your day along.......lots of my customers are usually out or busy with other things but the odd quick chat/banter is good for all of us during our working day from time to time IMO....

theres too many ignorant people these days(usually staring at their phone/ipod with headphones in)as it is......dont add to it!

your also more likely to keep the customer/job for many years(if you build up a bit of rapport)then when another guy comes round offering to clean their windows cheaper their more likely to tell them to sod off! ;D

Totally agree!

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

NBwcs

« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2019, 11:36:22 pm »
I get a bit flouncy when the customer is drinking or making tea and not offering me one!

John

I had a customer once (a man of the cloth as well) whos gardiner was busy at the bottom of the garden , he opened the downstairs window and shouted out to him "do you want a cup of tea?" The gardiner couldnt hear him so he asked me to go ask him which i duely did.  "he says yes please" said i ,to which he promptly made him a cuppa, bought it out to him without offering me one. !! I was speechless.

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2019, 08:24:08 am »
Not annoying just amusing,  customers who close the top openers after I've cleaned them.

;D

I also have a 'sinking feeling' when this happens. I thought I was the only one to experience this as its quite profound in my case. I'm glad to discover I'm not the only one to experience this.

Especially those top openers above a large pane of glass underneath. You just know you're going to have to redo the bottom pane again when the top have finished dripping down - the jobs going to take longer.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2019, 08:27:49 am »

John

When you get older John you will grateful for them not offering you tea.  Its not drinking the tea (or in my case coffee,) its the aftermath of drinking it when the problem begins. ;D
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)