Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jay moley

Go Cardless - Percentage % lost
« on: August 20, 2019, 08:07:59 pm »
Thinking of changing my payment terms.

Those that have changed over to Go Cardless completely what percentage of customers did you lose?

Currently I offer cash, cheque, bank transfer and PayPal.

Thinking of dropping cash and cheques.

Any thoughts welcome chaps.

dazmond

Re: Go Cardless - Percentage % lost
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 11:15:31 pm »
why would you not let a customer pay in  cash? ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

jay moley

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 07:52:52 am »

I've had a couple of people say they paid for the last clean in cash when my records say they haven't. It's my word against there's. at least with bank transfer or PayPal it can be probed either way as there is a clear record.

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 07:57:09 am »
For new customer I only offer go cardless, existing customers are fine paying anyway they like but with new ones I've been ripped off too often.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:33:57 am »

I've had a couple of people say they paid for the last clean in cash when my records say they haven't. It's my word against there's. at least with bank transfer or PayPal it can be probed either way as there is a clear record.

this has only happened to me a handful of times in 26 years of window cleaning......simply print off and give them a statement of account(or email it to them)problem solved,they always pay up and apologise! ;) ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 08:35:24 am »
You shouldn't lose any  custom that's worth keeping, ask your good customers if they would like to go Direct debit and tell the messers they have to.

Scrimble

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 10:32:49 am »
Accepting gocardless only for new regular window cleaning customers is very important if you are trying to grow the business. not that important if you intend to be a plod along sole trader.

you lose a percentage, how much depends on how good you are at explaining it to them and changing there minds if they wont at first,

its a bit like changing from traditional to WFP, you lose some but you gain more in the bigger picture.

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 12:30:57 pm »
i made the switch to DD only for regular work about 4 years ago.

it is a job to get poeple switched over, but the payoff is well worth it.

new customers of ours need to setup the DD before we will book them in. practically everyone is either happy to do so, or some will think about it, then just do it. its very rare for someone to refuse and  some of those are people who want one off cleans

its so simple to raise prices, check a payment query, you get paid ontime for 99.9% of your jobs.

we dont accept any other payment now (except 5 customers from our start who still pay us by cheque)

iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 01:20:50 pm »

new customers of ours need to setup the DD before we will book them in. practically everyone is either happy to do so, or some will think about it, then just do it. its very rare for someone to refuse and  some of those are people who want one off cleans

its so simple to raise prices, check a payment query, you get paid ontime for 99.9% of your jobs.

we dont accept any other payment now (except 5 customers from our start who still pay us by cheque)

I accept a number of different payment options including DD and get paid on time 99.9%, why would I go to the hassle of getting my customer to pay differently ? DD is a good solution for genuine types who forget to pay ( its so easy to cancel that it wont make a difference to messers ) but its certainly not a must have for all customers.

tlwcs

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 03:47:18 pm »
Keep the cash, drop cheques and PayPal. The 2 dearest methods of receiving payment

Oliver James

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 07:24:28 pm »
Last summer I had 150 still paying by cash / cheques.

About 2/3 made the transfer to DD. 

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 07:54:11 pm »

I accept a number of different payment options including DD and get paid on time 99.9%, why would I go to the hassle of getting my customer to pay differently ? DD is a good solution for genuine types who forget to pay ( its so easy to cancel that it wont make a difference to messers ) but its certainly not a must have for all customers.

to be very direct, i dont belive that 99.9% of your customers pay on time by another method, unless of course you have very relaxed payment terms.

with DD everyone pays monthly on the same date. if a custoemr cancels their DD i get an email telling me so i can fire off an email and query it.

i did a payrise a few months ago and it was so simple to organise and everyone pays the increase from the set date

i think that anything I can do to simplify my business is worth doing. it makes it simpler to handle queries and simpler to train staff to run the systems for me.

iSparkle Window Cleaning

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 01:00:39 am »

to be very direct, i dont belive that 99.9% of your customers pay on time by another method, unless of course you have very relaxed payment terms.

with DD everyone pays monthly on the same date. if a custoemr cancels their DD i get an email telling me so i can fire off an email and query it.

i did a payrise a few months ago and it was so simple to organise and everyone pays the increase from the set date

i think that anything I can do to simplify my business is worth doing. it makes it simpler to handle queries and simpler to train staff to run the systems for me.

Like I explained I have DD as an option for the ones who forget to pay on time, to try and force the rest who pay on time would be a fools exercise.

koopmaster

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 03:17:16 pm »
i accept cash, paypal, contacless, bank transfer, cheque and gocardless. 

the only one i want to get rid off now is paypal.. to expensive per transaction

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2019, 07:34:30 pm »

Like I explained I have DD as an option for the ones who forget to pay on time, to try and force the rest who pay on time would be a fools exercise.

like I explained, i dont think what you are saying is plausible or true
iSparkle Window Cleaning

Dry Clean

« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2019, 09:21:52 pm »

like I explained, i dont think what you are saying is plausible or true