Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dean champion

From rear to side
« on: August 26, 2019, 02:18:19 pm »
Iv gone from a two man set up with both reels at the rear which worked fine
Iv now gone to a single man set up and need to speed things up a bit
still have one reel at the rear but was thinking of moving it to the side door(drivers side) my reel is bolted down and electric
Has anyone made this change and found it a benefit

Dean

Stoots

Re: From rear to side
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 02:46:58 pm »
No but wouldn't it be better passenger side ? Means parking facing traffic otherwise if you are on a main road

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2019, 03:02:59 pm »
Iv gone from a two man set up with both reels at the rear which worked fine
Iv now gone to a single man set up and need to speed things up a bit
still have one reel at the rear but was thinking of moving it to the side door(drivers side) my reel is bolted down and electric
Has anyone made this change and found it a benefit

Dean

In reality, how much do you think such a change would give?

If i'm working to the side of the van, i use the toll bar to bend/guide the hose to 90 degrees as such. This works well.
The only advantage i see using a side door is perhaps on a swivel pull out base which ive seen ones on you tube use. Yet i can't see how this saves time unless you are stopping n starting quite frequently
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2019, 05:38:02 pm »
I used to clean from the back and now changed to the passenger side; works brilliant for me.

For 95% of my houses, I pull up, and I've got a dead straight run, perfect!

Easy to pull out, easy to reel in.

I can also pull very easily 90 degrees to the front of the van and the back of the van, for doing the neighbours.

If it's a real issue (about 3%) I just turn the van round.

Also, I can leave the rear doors locked, so there is much less chance of anything getting stolen, as I have a large partition, separating the side section from the back.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dean champion

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2019, 06:23:03 pm »
i no I’m clutching a straws with this making a massive difference to the time saving over the space of a day but didn’t no if any one made the change and found it more efficient / easier way of working
Good point about putting it passenger side
Thanks for the info Robbo
We’re do you have pole when working out side door ?
My pole would not fit directly the width of my van it would need to be on some kind of angle
I use brackets/soil pipe from rear of van so this would need to transferd to side door on an angle which may be difficult or a different method all together

Dean

robbo333

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2019, 06:38:23 pm »
i no I’m clutching a straws with this making a massive difference to the time saving over the space of a day but didn’t no if any one made the change and found it more efficient / easier way of working
Good point about putting it passenger side
Thanks for the info Robbo
We’re do you have pole when working out side door ?
My pole would not fit directly the width of my van it would need to be on some kind of angle
I use brackets/soil pipe from rear of van so this would need to transferd to side door on an angle which may be difficult or a different method all together

Dean

I find working out the side of the van easier and more efficient for me.
I have a 500 flat tank up against the bulk head with the reel mounted on top of the tank.
The reel is at the correct height so no bending over.
My pole fits along the side of the van. (the passenger side), I use 2 gutter brackets on the passenger side with the brush facing towards the rear of the van.
So when I reel in, I leave the pole connected to the main hose and reel everything in. When the pole is hanging up, the bottom end of the pole is right near the hose reel, so there is no hose left dangling.
Also, I have a built a pump box, right next to the outlet of the tank, so when I open the side door the pump box is right there.
This means I have kept the total amount of internal hose in my van to about 3 feet.
Less leaks, and less piping to lag for the winter.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

david mark

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2019, 06:54:52 pm »
I've got the electic reel in the middle and work out of both side doors