This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jo5hm4n

Been waiting ages for this!
« on: August 17, 2019, 02:23:17 pm »
Lee Pryor's New Tour!

Been waiting for him to do this for a while.  Really interesting to see a setup as big as his nearly all doing Domestic only work.

This time next year guys.....  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bs1Z5DdlSDs&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR1aOZDf9dr7-FFx60j53oahzK4UWRj3p_RHQqMAm5UaaW6pJ12uve4wvmI

Plankton

Re: Been waiting ages for this!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2019, 03:11:51 pm »
Best of equipment but no Extreme brushes..... Guy knows he haw :D

Lee Pryor

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2019, 03:16:13 pm »
They dont last and dont clean as well.  We need to buy things that can take being hammered all day every day.
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Robert2k

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2019, 03:22:34 pm »
Do you use hot water with those brushes?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2019, 03:26:11 pm »
no stiff bristles just last longer

Cookie

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2019, 03:39:30 pm »
How do you buy your vans? Do you buy them outright or lease them?

Also, why do you choose Trafic/Vivaro over say Transit Custom? Have you found them to be reliable?

Lee Pryor

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2019, 03:44:25 pm »
Lease purchase, meaning they are ours after the term. Transit custom are way more money and actually no better for that extra money. Vivaro/traffic are the same van just depends which dealer has best deal at the time I get them.

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2019, 04:36:50 pm »
Lee - have you used the medium version ? - gardiners are out at present and only have the stiff but its recommended for hot so been put off those at present.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2019, 04:37:25 pm »
Best of equipment but no Extreme brushes..... Guy knows he haw :D
Lee's choice is  an ideal choice when you have staff ( sill brush that is )
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »
So looking forward to the cleaning show.......

Oh just remembered!I'll be in a 5 star hotel on the canary islands with the missus.....oh well....I hope it goes well for everyone.....👍
price higher/work harder!

Crystal-clear

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2019, 06:25:14 pm »
Amazing setup.
10+ Van's on the go just amazing
Just the car hasn't got a very good payload  ;D

do you think it would be good if you targeted commercial work more now? that way you can pass the duty on and still compete with self employed window cleaners and other small businesses.I would have thought by now you have a good opportunity to cherry-pick and aim for higher profit margins rather than more Van's.
As you have already established a load of domestic work. You once always said yourself it's not about the amount of vans you have it's about the amount coming in from them.. and well the profit most important.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2019, 06:41:43 pm »
Amazing setup.

do you think it would be good if you targeted commercial work more now? that way you can pass the duty on and still compete with self employed window cleaners and other small businesses.I would have thought by now you have a good opportunity to cherry-pick and aim for higher profit margins rather than more Van's.
As you have already established a load of domestic work. You once always said yourself it's not about the amount of vans you have it's about the amount coming in from them.. and well the profit most important.

Nope, domestic is our game, Why on earth would I want to wait 30,60,90 days to be paid from a commercial job when domestic is in the bank a week later? i am more than hppy with the margin where it is. Volume is our goal.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2019, 06:42:32 pm »
Lee - have you used the medium version ? - gardiners are out at present and only have the stiff but its recommended for hot so been put off those at present.

Darran

I have. Stiff lasts longer and is better on con roofs and fascias.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2019, 06:58:56 pm »
Amazing setup.

Nope, domestic is our game, Why on earth would I want to wait 30,60,90 days to be paid from a commercial job when domestic is in the bank a week later? i am more than hppy with the margin where it is. Volume is our goal.

Imagine that massive vat bill being reduced even a little bit ? there's plenty of decent commercial work out there that pay on time.They obviously don't bat an eyelid when you charge VAT. Imagine pulling your vans day rate And occasionally passing the VAT on. It's a lot more profit surprised you're not tempted!

Lee Pryor

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2019, 07:03:26 pm »
Dude, you seem to be obsessed with VAT in a lot of your posts. Im fine with it. During the summer when we are marketting the vat bill drops a lot because of our spend, yes I dont like it its part of the business. Reading between the lines of your posts I get the feeling you want to expand but the only part holding you back is the VAT. Just stop worrying and crack on.  If a commercial job contacts us, and they do often, the first question I ask them is are you happy for pay nby go cardless? If not I wont even quote, end of.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2019, 07:26:33 pm »
And if you want some advice on taking that step you are very welcome to call my office any time.

Smudger

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2019, 07:35:26 pm »
my guys don't like the sill brush for soffit fascia work they can't get the brush bristles to clean the rear part of the guttering and it leaves a small area uncleaned - ill get a couple of stiff bristle sills and see how they scrub

( and thats 'we' not I - in case certain people were wondering  ;D )

Darran

Lee Pryor

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2019, 07:37:43 pm »
my guys don't like the sill brush for soffit fascia work they can't get the brush bristles to clean the rear part of the guttering and it leaves a small area uncleaned - ill get a couple of stiff bristle sills and see how they scrub

( and thats 'we' not I - in case certain people were wondering  ;D )

Darran

Spray enough viro sol on it and it comes off lol

Crystal-clear

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2019, 07:49:36 pm »
Lee your too kind and I may well take you up on that one day would be amazing to see everything in function. A good opportunity to say if Lee wasn't a decent bloke and just a show off he wouldn't kindly offer the above!

So i took a page out of your book as you always mentioned you should not worry about VAT and grow. Was also intrigued of the Unknown to finally have a more developed business and get myself in gear again so I did.

And it's been rewarding for sure ( especially on the way to the Vat threshold) but now I have the experience and learnt that if you're not careful with all the usual expenses wages etc then its VAT that indeed swallows a lot of your profits...
And I was thinking obtaining some commercial work will take a serious Edge off for all the hard work expenses management that we and you ofc alot more need to do to maintain but then these commercial can be harder to obtain so they have to trickle in

I always considered myself to be somewhat ambitious but I really do think it takes a particular character to do what you done you're staying competitive on all prices and basically obviously making a profit and paying VAT.

If you can shed some light on VAT from business to domestic and how you got around it and more importantly what motivated you to really keep pushing on and pushing on what advice would you give to people who just started paying VAT or who are approaching.

Bungle

« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2019, 07:52:13 pm »
So looking forward to the cleaning show.......

Oh just remembered!I'll be in a 5 star hotel on the canary islands with the missus.....oh well....I hope it goes well for everyone.....👍

Been twice this year. Which island are you going to?
We look at them, they look through them.