Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Spotfree

2 New Gardiner Brushes
« on: August 13, 2019, 10:17:04 pm »
https://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/all-products/whats-new.html

I trailed the all Du-Pont one and have to say its an incredible brush, the wife really took to it and has claimed it now.

I'm on the verge of buying the new extreme, I wasn't expecting that. I am intrigued by this new type of bristle, has anyone tried it?

Plankton

Re: 2 New Gardiner Brushes
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 10:30:15 pm »
Thougt I'd had them today but should have two tomorrow! So I'll be popping back to pick them up and give them a go in the afternoon.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 07:48:13 am »
Spotfree, on the new all dupont, are the bristles as long as they are on the superlite do you know? I don’t like short bristles, the stock catches on hinges, vents etc.

Spotfree

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 08:17:08 am »
Spotfree, on the new all dupont, are the bristles as long as they are on the superlite do you know? I don’t like short bristles, the stock catches on hinges, vents etc.

Alex said it was designed to be slightly shorter bristle than the super-light, I think they are slightly longer than the ultimate too. (Just checked-they are the same length as the ultimate)

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 08:45:26 am »
I guess I’m stuck with the superlite :(

Dave Willis

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 08:56:22 am »
Are we talking about the Extreme here with tapertec bristles?

Ah, misread the thread. It’s the Dupont Superlight you’re on about.

Spotfree

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 09:02:18 am »
Are we talking about the Extreme here with tapertec bristles?

Ah, misread the thread. It’s the Dupont Superlight you’re on about.

I was initialy enquiring about the taper tech bristle, its a brand new concept. I ordered 2 last night.

Spotfree

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 09:08:00 am »

Have you tried the X-line range? The bristles are much longer. I have 4 that I'm about to put up for sale as I don't like the longer bristle, I find long bristles clumbsy and awkward. They don't do too great in the corners of windows either as a splayed bristle is a less effective one IMO.

Dave Willis

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 09:36:06 am »
I sold my X-lines a while back, loved them at first but too heavy in the end. Quite fancy that new Extreme and really like the Ultimate Dupont. I don’t do gutters anymore so all I need are good glass brushes.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 10:49:00 am »

Have you tried the X-line range? The bristles are much longer. I have 4 that I'm about to put up for sale as I don't like the longer bristle, I find long bristles clumbsy and awkward. They don't do too great in the corners of windows either as a splayed bristle is a less effective one IMO.
Thanks but I'm a Gardiner's man.

Spotfree

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 10:56:40 am »

Thanks but I'm a Gardiner's man.

Good answer, me too, just not exclusively!

Plankton

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 09:53:44 pm »
Early days but the new Extreme seems ok, it's difficult to say about tackleing snail trails as I've had some horrendous windows but as usual some are a doddle ( just not the horrendous ones). Although the new guy says "it's faster" I've noticed on some windows that it's dragging more than usual, not sure if there's some tree sap causing this though.

Spotfree

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2019, 03:06:03 pm »
Early days but the new Extreme seems ok, it's difficult to say about tackleing snail trails as I've had some horrendous windows but as usual some are a doddle ( just not the horrendous ones). Although the new guy says "it's faster" I've noticed on some windows that it's dragging more than usual, not sure if there's some tree sap causing this though.

Mine was supposed to be delivered yesterday, I wonder if they'll turn up today?? Don't normally have issues with delivery from Fed-Ex but have heard a few complaints lately.

I just think it's great the way Alex has bought something new to the table again. I'm made up someone is experimenting with new materials.

I find that hydrophobic glass has more drag than hydrophilic, could be that?

Plankton

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 08:31:11 pm »
Still early..... But new Extreme med/soft seems decent, I've got some different style windows this week that'll give it more of a test.
Slugs galore in two days time!