This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Ooooooog

Re: 35cm brushes/4 jets.....
« Reply #60 on: July 22, 2019, 07:27:42 pm »
Cut the man some slack for God’s sake. It’s just a brush!
I use a 45cm one most days. Unless The windows are small. We do lots of barn conversions with huge panes of glass.
First cleans require something smaller so you clean the corners etc better I guess.

dazmond

« Reply #61 on: July 22, 2019, 07:42:41 pm »
I use a 45cm one most days. Unless The windows are small. We do lots of barn conversions with huge panes of glass.
First cleans require something smaller so you clean the corners etc better I guess.

how many jets?4 or 6?...what about 3 storey windows,skylights and awkward angle windows over conservatories/flat roof extensions,etc?......do you really use a 45cm brush?
price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #62 on: July 22, 2019, 07:59:33 pm »
Daz mate.

This is the simple fact:

Use a 45cm for big fat panes of glass, and a normal 26 (or whatever) brush for domestic.

Job done ✅

That way this thread can retire itself from all the arguing over Nathan’s waffle brush and 59 jets.

Cheers.

Ooooooog

« Reply #63 on: July 22, 2019, 09:02:15 pm »

how many jets?4 or 6?...what about 3 storey windows,skylights and awkward angle windows over conservatories/flat roof extensions,etc?......do you really use a 45cm brush?

4 jets good, 2 jets bad innit.
The majority of the time the weight is on the glass. Maybe in ten years time I’ll try something smaller, if needed.

dazmond

« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2019, 04:57:16 pm »
tried my new 35cm ultimate brush  out today on some offices first thing this morning,i like the 4 jets and the extra width but it took me around the same time as it usually does with a smaller brush so no time saving.....35 mins(£60-00 job).....i will be using it on some big jobs next week too....but personally i dont think i could be any quicker than i am with a smaller brush...

nathankaye

« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2019, 05:35:04 pm »
tried my new 35cm ultimate brush  out today on some offices first thing this morning,i like the 4 jets and the extra width but it took me around the same time as it usually does with a smaller brush so no time saving.....35 mins(£60-00 job).....i will be using it on some big jobs next week too....but personally i dont think i could be any quicker than i am with a smaller brush...

Have you done trad work before daz? (I can't recall)
I used to love working with a 14 inch mop n Squeegee. The speed I could work it was crazy and It took me ages to up grade onto the 18 inch ones. Mostly because I was convinced there was no point because when I helped my mate out on his work, there was no difference time wise between us and he used the 18 inch ones. However by the end of the day, I was more tired as I used a hell of a lot more energy than he did.

It's probably the same in this case for you.  For instance my 35cm brush fits nicely into a side opening window, just snug. So there's no side to side movement needed, just a straight down n up and a final rinse, the job is done.  Whereas the 12inch brush you have to go side to side as well as, therefore it's clearly faster in reality
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2019, 05:37:56 pm »
ive tried more jets, bigger brushes and rinse bars but i prefer the weight saving of an extreme rather than having a big brick on the end 

dazmond

« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2019, 05:38:21 pm »

Have you done trad work before daz? (I can't recall)
I used to love working with a 14 inch mop n Squeegee. The speed I could work it was crazy and It took me ages to up grade onto the 18 inch ones. Mostly because I was convinced there was no point because when I helped my mate out on his work, there was no difference time wise between us and he used the 18 inch ones. However by the end of the day, I was more tired as I used a hell of a lot more energy than he did.

It's probably the same in this case for you.  For instance my 35cm brush fits nicely into a side opening window, just snug. So there's no side to side movement needed, just a straight down n up and a final rinse, the job is done.  Whereas the 12inch brush you have to go side to side as well as, therefore it's clearly faster in reality

i was trad for 17 years nathan..... ;D.....i couldnt get on with anything bigger than a 14in squeegee TBH...

ill keep trying the brush out on larger jobs and see how i go on..... ;)

dazmond

« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2019, 03:39:30 pm »
tried the 35cm ultimate out again today (on a plastic gooseneck this time) on a few domestics and a glass roof.....tbh im liking it!4 jets and the wider contact on the glass is just great....

most of my jobs scheduled for next week are large jobs so itll be staying on my pole all week i reckon..... :)

zesty

« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2019, 04:10:05 pm »
tried the 35cm ultimate out again today (on a plastic gooseneck this time) on a few domestics and a glass roof.....tbh im liking it!4 jets and the wider contact on the glass is just great....

most of my jobs scheduled for next week are large jobs so itll be staying on my pole all week i reckon..... :)

If there is one thing I’ve learnt from this forum, it’s that Daz changes his mind with the wind.

😜