This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: 35cm brushes/4 jets.....
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 01:02:33 pm »
I don't like the flimsy light brush, it feels like a toy brush that I buy my kids.  It's that light that I could launch it to space 😂
Also the stock isn't stiff enough for me, I don't like the splay either.

I understand how some want to have a light pole and light brushes and how some really do need that in order to work still and I respect that.   
I also understand how ones like to think about wear n tear on the body, but then others rant on about going to the gym etc etc to perhaps keep fit/build stronger muscles or stamina train.  Yet moan at a slightly heavier brush which your body gets used to and strengthens through repetitive use. If used correctly.
I've been using it every day for quite a while and I'm just over 40 now and not feeling it yet.  Perhaps when I'm much older and need to, then I will perhaps try lighter brushes but for now, it's the best brush I've tried and in my first year, I went through a lot of brushes to find out (nope, I ain't got any stashed in the shed, I've passed them onto friends)

Your pole must nearly snap at full stretch over a flat roof extension/conny......even an SLX....your brush must weight more than a vikan!..... ::)roll

I've been weight training hard regularly for over 3 years now nathan but it's not a reason to use a stupidly heavy brush on the end of my pole....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 01:03:34 pm »
NK - why do you have all those jets?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 03:21:21 pm »
I don't like the flimsy light brush, it feels like a toy brush that I buy my kids.  It's that light that I could launch it to space 😂
Also the stock isn't stiff enough for me, I don't like the splay either.

I understand how some want to have a light pole and light brushes and how some really do need that in order to work still and I respect that.   
I also understand how ones like to think about wear n tear on the body, but then others rant on about going to the gym etc etc to perhaps keep fit/build stronger muscles or stamina train.  Yet moan at a slightly heavier brush which your body gets used to and strengthens through repetitive use. If used correctly.
I've been using it every day for quite a while and I'm just over 40 now and not feeling it yet.  Perhaps when I'm much older and need to, then I will perhaps try lighter brushes but for now, it's the best brush I've tried and in my first year, I went through a lot of brushes to find out (nope, I ain't got any stashed in the shed, I've passed them onto friends)

Your pole must nearly snap at full stretch over a flat roof extension/conny......even an SLX....your brush must weight more than a vikan!..... ::)roll

I've been weight training hard regularly for over 3 years now nathan but it's not a reason to use a stupidly heavy brush on the end of my pole....

Daz, how often do you have your pole at full stretch?  Maybe you need to splash out on a bigger pole mate so your not putting too much pressure on each section anyway?

Do I take the mick of you guys for using what feels like a toy brush on the end of your pole?  Nope, cause I don't care which brush you use, if your happy with it at the end of the day.  I dont find it an issue at all with the brush I use, regardless if it's a standard house, or velux windows I'm cleaning.  It ain't that big an issue.       My brush lasts a whole lot longer than what you guys are mentioning,  I've not snapped any of my poles using it and I certainly don't suffer from fatigue after a days work.   That seems to be all you guys, don't figure  ::)roll ::)roll

Darren::   I went from two jets to four jets and found that to be beneficial.  With this brush the jets simply twist to lock in and I had an extra 2 jets. So I wondered if six would be just as good or better.  For me I found that six jets are fantastic on the larger brush.   The same way as I find the rinse bar is ideal for the smaller brush.  I would also use a rinse bar on the large brush as and when I ever change the brush and not use the jets
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2019, 03:27:57 pm »
Nath how much water do you get through the brush per minute with 6 jets mate ?
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Dry Clean

« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2019, 03:56:13 pm »

Darran

Because he thinks the water only hits the glass at the end of the jet, so more jets means more glass covered,  its best to just smile and nod.

nathankaye

« Reply #45 on: July 21, 2019, 05:24:19 pm »

Darran

Because he thinks the water only hits the glass at the end of the jet, so more jets means more glass covered,  its best to just smile and nod.

Sean, Sean, Sean I do feel for you mate!  Perhaps the same as you feel for me  ;D
Yet you wonder why I can clean more houses in a day than you or how I can clean faster than yourself. It still remains a mystery. Oh, and less fatigued even though I work with a brick on the end of the pole! 😂 😂

Rich....... I'm not sure buddy as I've not had a need to measure or pay attention to it with the size of water tank I have.  If you really want to know, I can find out for you...... Just let me know
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #46 on: July 21, 2019, 05:50:29 pm »

Darran

Sean, Sean, Sean I do feel for you mate!  Perhaps the same as you feel for me  ;D
Yet you wonder why I can clean more houses in a day than you or how I can clean faster than yourself. It still remains a mystery. Oh, and less fatigued even though I work with a brick on the end of the pole! 😂 😂

Rich....... I'm not sure buddy as I've not had a need to measure or pay attention to it with the size of water tank I have.  If you really want to know, I can find out for you...... Just let me know

If everybody else was cleaning 35 detached properties with conservatories in 5 hours with 250lts of water and I couldn't then I would have to examine where I was going wrong, its what any sensible person would do, I do like you Nathan but your advice even though entertaining is about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Smudger

« Reply #47 on: July 21, 2019, 07:39:19 pm »
that's such an abortion NK - fit yourself 2 - yes 2 100 degree fan jets - far more coverage - less water and much, much simpler plumbing - all those joins - just ripe for snagging on everything

its like watching  six OAP's lining up to pee in a urinal -  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

nathankaye

« Reply #48 on: July 21, 2019, 08:13:33 pm »
that's such an abortion NK - fit yourself 2 - yes 2 100 degree fan jets - far more coverage - less water and much, much simpler plumbing - all those joins - just ripe for snagging on everything

Darran

Thankfully I've not watched 6 oaps at the urinals  ;D ;D ;D
I've also never snagged them, not even cleaning through Julie balconys because common sense prevails and not to go charging in like a bull in a China shop lol.

I suppose two fan jets would do, if your tight on water but I'm not and I don't personally like fan jets. 
People asked, I answered!  I agree not everyone likes my take on things and that's fine 😂 by me. 

facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #49 on: July 21, 2019, 09:53:23 pm »

Darran

Thankfully I've not watched 6 oaps at the urinals  ;D ;D ;D
I've also never snagged them, not even cleaning through Julie balconys because common sense prevails and not to go charging in like a bull in a China shop lol.

I suppose two fan jets would do, if your tight on water but I'm not and I don't personally like fan jets. 
People asked, I answered!  I agree not everyone likes my take on things and that's fine 😂 by me.

How are you not tight on water ? you have a 500ltr tank that needs to be kept half full for your immersion to keep it at a decent temp because you can no longer clean with cold or lukewarm, do you ever remember what you post ?

Dry Clean

« Reply #50 on: July 21, 2019, 09:55:53 pm »
Sorry guys, with Nathan its like shooting fish in a barrel, I should try harder to resist.

P @ F

« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2019, 12:04:51 am »
Sorry guys, with Nathan its like shooting fish in a barrel, I should try harder to resist.

I forgive you  ;D
But , everyone works different, if we all worked the same this forum would implode as everything would just be the norm , we need horses for different courses don’t we ?

If Nath left you would be lost  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

« Reply #52 on: July 22, 2019, 12:06:54 am »
yes we would be, but he makes it soooooooooooooooo easy!

the lack of accountability when he gets it wrong just makes it worse

Darran

nathankaye

« Reply #53 on: July 22, 2019, 09:24:56 am »
Memory doesn't do me well, that's for sure but please show me where I've said I runn my tank at half measure to remind me. Esp if its so easy!

Do you worry about water running out?  I can kinda understand if your working a good distance away from home. Yet then again, there's spotless water popping up all over and/or if you know other shiners in the area to top your tank up, it helps.    On the Facebook groups there's ones who say they are travelling to such n such and does anyone sell water?  They often get helped out.
For me, I have more than enough water for the days I work!   On the very rare occasions where I run dry, I can easily return en route and collect more water. So No, I never worry about running out of water
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2019, 09:30:47 am »
nathan do what you want......its your working life! ;D

HOWEVER....if you came out with me for the day on some of my more awkward runs of work,id love to see how you managed with a 30ft pole and 500g brush....... ;D

windowswashed

« Reply #55 on: July 22, 2019, 10:02:19 am »
I use 35 cm brushes on most work. It's rubbish and slow going back to mini brushes where it's sash windows where a 35 is too big even sideways on. use 4 jets and 6 jets but prefer 6 jets, can notice the difference. Also use rinse bars but on 35cm brushes. Try using rinse bars and 4 jets but use too much water to last all day on big jobs.  I like that Nathan explores different ideas, why stay with a closed mind, better to trial what works and what doesn't, otherwise nothing ventured, nothing gained

Dave Willis

« Reply #56 on: July 22, 2019, 12:44:22 pm »
Is that a Waffle brush ???

Dry Clean

« Reply #57 on: July 22, 2019, 02:14:03 pm »
Memory doesn't do me well, that's for sure but please show me where I've said I runn my tank at half measure to remind me. Esp if its so easy!

Do you worry about water running out?  I can kinda understand if your working a good distance away from home. Yet then again, there's spotless water popping up all over and/or if you know other shiners in the area to top your tank up, it helps.    On the Facebook groups there's ones who say they are travelling to such n such and does anyone sell water?  They often get helped out.
For me, I have more than enough water for the days I work!   On the very rare occasions where I run dry, I can easily return en route and collect more water. So No, I never worry about running out of water
Here you go, there's more if you need your memory further jogged.

Window Cleaning Issues / Re: FAO Nathan
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:33:44 pm »
Quote from: paul alan on November 29, 2017, 11:05:42 pm
I will be installing a 3kw element this weekend into 650ltr tank and by this calculator it would take 14 hr to achieve 60 degrees!

SugarHoneyIceTea...that's a long time!

Do u guys use the whole 650ltr though? If not you might get different start temps after your first night.
I have a 500 litre tank but i probably have at least 200ltr or so left by end of the day and when i do, my start temp can be in 30's or 40's.
Ive not kept an eye on my batteries this week and I should have done a bench charge because by dinner it was down to 12.3 so i called it a day. Probably had about 350ltrs of water left and temp in 50's.  Only half day left to finish what i didnt do today and thats me done for wk. So im not topping tank up and not long turned the heating on, so will be lovely n hot tomorrow.

I ordered a 1kw and as far as I know, I had a 1kw one delivered (u may kno i get accused of being wrong)

It mostly depends on the start temp of my tank as to how long I leave it on for. To be honest im thinking of getting my hands on a 27inch 2kw one to replace it with.
I also switched my electric tarrif to a day n night one which helps with the bill.

My tank is 500ltrs, i very rarely use it all so I may have 300 - 200 ltrs left at the end of the day. Which could mean the difference from a starting temp of around 20 degrees to being more 36 upwards.

If im filling tank sunday night, then thd start up is around 20 degrees or less and I would turn it on between 6-7pm sunday and turn off between 7.30-8 am monday. This gets me between 55 - - 63/65ish pending start temp.

If my start temp is around 40's  then I dont turn it on till about 9pm

What length element n kw have you got fitted?
Notify

nathankaye

« Reply #58 on: July 22, 2019, 05:54:37 pm »

Here you go, there's more if you need your memory further jogged.

Window Cleaning Issues / Re: FAO Nathan
« on: November 29, 2017, 11:33:44 pm »
Quote from: paul alan on November 29, 2017, 11:05:42 pm
I will be installing a 3kw element this weekend into 650ltr tank and by this calculator it would take 14 hr to achieve 60 degrees!

SugarHoneyIceTea...that's a long time!

Do u guys use the whole 650ltr though? If not you might get different start temps after your first night.
I have a 500 litre tank but i probably have at least 200ltr or so left by end of the day and when i do, my start temp can be in 30's or 40's.
Ive not kept an eye on my batteries this week and I should have done a bench charge because by dinner it was down to 12.3 so i called it a day. Probably had about 350ltrs of water left and temp in 50's.  Only half day left to finish what i didnt do today and thats me done for wk. So im not topping tank up and not long turned the heating on, so will be lovely n hot tomorrow.

I ordered a 1kw and as far as I know, I had a 1kw one delivered (u may kno i get accused of being wrong)

It mostly depends on the start temp of my tank as to how long I leave it on for. To be honest im thinking of getting my hands on a 27inch 2kw one to replace it with.
I also switched my electric tarrif to a day n night one which helps with the bill.

My tank is 500ltrs, i very rarely use it all so I may have 300 - 200 ltrs left at the end of the day. Which could mean the difference from a starting temp of around 20 degrees to being more 36 upwards.

If im filling tank sunday night, then thd start up is around 20 degrees or less and I would turn it on between 6-7pm sunday and turn off between 7.30-8 am monday. This gets me between 55 - - 63/65ish pending start temp.

If my start temp is around 40's  then I dont turn it on till about 9pm

What length element n kw have you got fitted?
Notify

Erm, is it just me or do these quotes say what water I estimate to be left in the tank after I've finished. Hence stating the start temp of the water before I top it up etc. What it doesn't say is that I fill my tank upto 250ltrs or so.
I do think you read what you want it to say Sean, rather than what I actually put.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #59 on: July 22, 2019, 06:41:53 pm »
I use 35 cm brushes on most work. It's rubbish and slow going back to mini brushes where it's sash windows where a 35 is too big even sideways on. use 4 jets and 6 jets but prefer 6 jets, can notice the difference. Also use rinse bars but on 35cm brushes. Try using rinse bars and 4 jets but use too much water to last all day on big jobs.  I like that Nathan explores different ideas, why stay with a closed mind, better to trial what works and what doesn't, otherwise nothing ventured, nothing gained

interesting........i have lots of different types of work/windows to clean over a working month......i can see the 35cm brushes would be beneficial on the larger jobs with straight up windows(even the sash windows as lots of mine are very large)......