This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Simon Trapani

Brush Cleaning
« on: July 19, 2019, 11:31:15 am »
Has anyone come up with an easy way to get all the crap out from the bottom of the bristles around the stock of the brush?

We use Gardiners Super-lites and change every 3 months or so. Towards the end of that time though there's loads of gunk at the bristle base. Tried a screwdriver but it's a bit time consuming. Anyone combed them out with a stiffer brush or something? Doesn't affect the clean but just looks horrible.

Stoots

Re: Brush Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 02:43:37 pm »
maybe its the type of brushes you use ? mine dont seem to hold dirt....

If they get dirty then they self clean as im cleaning windows anyway

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 02:53:12 pm »
Has anyone come up with an easy way to get all the crap out from the bottom of the bristles around the stock of the brush?

We use Gardiners Super-lites and change every 3 months or so. Towards the end of that time though there's loads of gunk at the bristle base. Tried a screwdriver but it's a bit time consuming. Anyone combed them out with a stiffer brush or something? Doesn't affect the clean but just looks horrible.

i cant believe you still use SL brushes!.....replace them with the ultimate brushes...... they are just as good (scrubbing wise) but a fair bit lighter,YOU AND YOUR STAFF WILL THANK ME! ;D

the ultimate range have shorter bristles so dirt doesnt get trapped as much....if it does i just pick it out with my fingers/run my hand through it.....job done
price higher/work harder!

Dave Willis

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 04:47:23 pm »
I use the wife’s toothbrush to get all the muck out.

Spotfree

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:14:35 pm »
I use a large comb, best done when dry.

I also give a very good blast under a high-pressure garden tap.

Spotfree

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:16:11 pm »
maybe its the type of brushes you use ? mine dont seem to hold dirt....

If they get dirty then they self clean as im cleaning windows anyway

You use extremes? Hardly any bristle for dirt to hold onto, especially the stiff.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:42:06 pm »

i cant believe you still use SL brushes!.....replace them with the ultimate brushes...... they are just as good (scrubbing wise) but a fair bit lighter,YOU AND YOUR STAFF WILL THANK ME! ;D

the ultimate range have shorter bristles so dirt doesnt get trapped as much....if it does i just pick it out with my fingers/run my hand through it.....job done
It’s at the base of the bristles. All the gunk around the stock. We use extremes on the big poles (47’) but have stuck with the superlite dual trim flocked on the 25’ slx’s & stubby poles. Theres’s so many brushes now that it was a case of better the devil you know. We change to dual trim mixed medium for 1st cleans. Longevity does come into it. Once the superlites start to banana off & the end bristles get to short we change them. They don’t get into the corners as well especially on sash windows.

I don’t think I’d like short bristles. I like the splay. Maybe I’ll try an extreme on the 25’ Slx though.  I do love cleaning with a new brush. It’s the equivalent of a new squeegee rubber when trad.   

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
The Ultimate is a good brush but as said above it can make sash and deep openers a right pain to get to the main frame corners .
I would much rather see the Ultimate with standard length bristles but less of them to compensate for the weight gain , now that would be an awesome brush , the true middleman between Superlight and Extreme
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2019, 01:14:33 pm »
My bad above. I meant I'll try an Ultimate.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2019, 01:21:47 pm »
The Ultimate is a good brush but as said above it can make sash and deep openers a right pain to get to the main frame corners .
I would much rather see the Ultimate with standard length bristles but less of them to compensate for the weight gain , now that would be an awesome brush , the true middleman between Superlight and Extreme

i use a carbon gooseneck with an ultimate brush on the end for sash windows with deep ledges.........i can reach the main frame corners just fine......

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2019, 01:25:17 pm »
My bad above. I meant I'll try an Ultimate.

an ultimate medium mixed brush would be great for you (if you use cold water)and the stiff version if you use hot.

trust me mate you wont go back to the SL brushes after using an ultimate brush for a week or so....much lighter and an easier working day all around....

Simon Trapani

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2019, 02:06:58 pm »
I cant see a dual trim flocked Ultimate though. Do they not do one?

Splash & dash

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2019, 03:03:55 pm »

The ultimate is a nice brush but the bristles are too short and you cannot clean around the frame edges well and the stock hits the frame all the time , also they arnt any good for plastic cleans again due to the short bristles they won’t reach behind the gutter and the square ended stock hits everything in its path they need to be rounded corners like the supreme brushes  , we have been trying the super lite stiff and the ultimate since Gardiners stoped doing the supream stiff , the super lite  is a lovely brush but it’s heavy , the ultimate is a lovely brush nice and lite but bristles are about an inch to short in my opinion . Hopefully Gardiners are re introducing the supream stiff when they do we will be going back to that , nice lite brush , long stiff bristles ,good for glass and all plastic cleans and cladding it’s my favourite brush

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2019, 03:41:52 pm »
Funny how we are all different. I have two Supremes - flocked and mono, never use them.
Favourite is the Dupont Ultimate, just wish it would hold it’s shape a little better. Haven’t used a Superlight for about five years.

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 04:00:45 pm »

The ultimate is a nice brush but the bristles are too short and you cannot clean around the frame edges well and the stock hits the frame all the time , also they arnt any good for plastic cleans again due to the short bristles they won’t reach behind the gutter and the square ended stock hits everything in its path they need to be rounded corners like the supreme brushes  , we have been trying the super lite stiff and the ultimate since Gardiners stoped doing the supream stiff , the super lite  is a lovely brush but it’s heavy , the ultimate is a lovely brush nice and lite but bristles are about an inch to short in my opinion . Hopefully Gardiners are re introducing the supream stiff when they do we will be going back to that , nice lite brush , long stiff bristles ,good for glass and all plastic cleans and cladding it’s my favourite brush

Sorry mate but I disagree.....the ultimate brushes clean just fine(corners as well)....for f/s/g jobs I use an old extreme brush,much lighter and gets behind the gutter brackets easier.....

Splash & dash

« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2019, 04:19:54 pm »

Sorry mate but I disagree.....the ultimate brushes clean just fine(corners as well)....for f/s/g jobs I use an old extreme brush,much lighter and gets behind the gutter brackets easier.....

How on earth can a brush with bristles shorter than another brush do the same job and reach under a gutter as far it’s impossible , it’s a nice lite brush I’ll give you that , all my staff have tried both brushes none of them like the ultimate length of bristles they all feel they are to short , they all love the super lite but don’t like the weight of the brush , as I said earlier we are looking forward to the supream stiff being made again this in my opinion is the best all round brush

s.w.c

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2019, 04:57:52 pm »
Full  DuPont brush is the most self cleaning brush ever nothing seems to stick to it talk about quality.

makes my life easier Alex hint hint.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 05:28:53 pm »
Full  DuPont brush is the most self cleaning brush ever nothing seems to stick to it talk about quality.

makes my life easier Alex hint hint.

They are on their way  :)

Should be on the shelf beginning of September along with the new Jet Capsule system.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2019, 01:42:06 pm »
Am trying an ultimate now Dazmond. Dupont, dual trim. Outer is flocked like i use with a superlite & i always like dual trim. Can’t say i’m overly impressed. It’s lightweight yes but the bristles are short & so the stock catches on hinges & trickle vents & just about everything else! Some of these trickle vents are so deep these days. And I’m not one to just go up to them & have a dirty frame above. I go over them. I’d rather put up with the odd run. Not the ultimate brush for me personally.

I put my extreme from super max on my slx last week to test. Found it very light but needs a lot of action to clean compare to a super lite.

Was gonna try a supreme but they’re only 23 cm long i think whereas i’m mainly always using a 26cm brush .

Spotfree

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2019, 01:51:50 pm »

How on earth can a brush with bristles shorter than another brush do the same job and reach under a gutter as far it’s impossible , it’s a nice lite brush I’ll give you that , all my staff have tried both brushes none of them like the ultimate length of bristles they all feel they are to short , they all love the super lite but don’t like the weight of the brush , as I said earlier we are looking forward to the supream stiff being made again this in my opinion is the best all round brush

Not impossible, the extreme will allow its very thin and narrow stock closer to the surface its on, meaning it will go places most brushes wont.