Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

stuart way

Hi
I wonder if anyone can help?
i seems all of a sudden to have virtually no vacuum.I have started the machine while the base and recovery tank is parted and the the motors seem fine (one was already replaced ) .If you disconnect the hose from the right hand motor which i guess is the exhaust  it seems fine.This exhaust exits underneath the machine so i guess the left hand side motor is connected within the manifold plate which you can't see or easily get too.I was a bit confused because the two pipes coming out from the motors i thought would be sucking and creating the vacuum but their both blowing. Any guidance would be appreciated?
thanks
stu

john martin

theres a big picture of the motors connected here  , if it helps  ... you must have some hose connected wrong . look at the pic and ask any question about it

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=202121.0

john martin

if the motors are connected right , it might be your ball/cage cutoff in the waste tank , ball might be stuck in the cutoff position , or waste gate is open or lid is open , its often the obvious thing that confuses you .

stuart way

Hi
thanks for the information.it was all working ok then suddenly lost vacuum without me touching it.i have taking the ball shut off valve out and it appears loose and not clogged up.

stuart way

am i right in saying the vacuum side of the motors is integrated into the bottom manifold?

john martin

yes the vacuum is produced on the flat side of the motors which are facing down onto the manifold  , the horn thing sticking out the side of each motor is often called the exhaust as the air flows out of the motor through it ...     in a series machine like yours ...  the vacuum side of one motor is linked to the exhaust of the other so one is pulling air through the other  ...   if its all hooked up like it is in the pic then its ok .
what did u disconnect ?   check the main suction hose ( black hose on the left in pic )that goes from the manifold to the bottom of the waste tank ... is it loose ...    if u disconnect it from the manifold connection ... is there proper suction there ?

stuart way

Hi
I have had a problem where the pipe from the main suction hose has broken off at the manifold end.'Its plastic and appears to be integral .i have fitted it with a stiff rubber hose which i pushed as far as i can into the manifoldand seems a good seal.When i pull it out and run the machine there still seems very little vacuum.
Thanks

john martin

good you got it sorted for now , thats probably a rare occurrence  , if you pushed the hose deep in the shallow manifold it might affect your airflow a bit though  , might be good to try and glue or fix some sort of external connector again .
I dont trust the build quality or components in American design machines generally though compared to UK built   , for eg the manifold in the Enforcer is all welded aluminium .

stu pot

Hi
yes i agree it seems a weak spot to have a plastic tube to connect the hose to the manifold! if you take the hose away from the manifold and place your hand down there you can feel there is very little vacuum although its all a bit tight for space.Is it quite straightforward taking out the manifolds and motors? they seem to be are held in place by long studs and roughly 5 bolts .Sandwiched in between a sticky foam gasket.Will it destroy the gasket ? i got the machine quite local and may take it to them but i would rather try and save some money by sorting out myself
thanks

stu pot

sorry had to re-register as i forgot my password

john martin

yeah , its best to take out the motors and try an isolate any issue , it should be easy enough .  The gaskets should be usable again if your carefull with them , but they are easy to source anyway .

stu pot

ok thanks for the helpful advice
stu